PDA

View Full Version : H R C:- Council Policy

greener
01-Aug-11, 16:07
Can any one tell me the policy on smoking within thier premise's?

NickInTheNorth
01-Aug-11, 16:10
I can tell you the law says no smoking in public buildings - so no smoking in any council buildings.

greener
01-Aug-11, 16:43
I can tell you the law says no smoking in public buildings - so no smoking in any council buildings.

I thank's for that but what about a certain distance away from the said council building's?

rogermellie
01-Aug-11, 16:43
or vehicles, just like taxi drivers ;)

rogermellie
01-Aug-11, 16:46
I thank's for that but what about a certain distance away from the said council building's?

depends if it's raining or not, on a hot day council workers can often be seen wandering around the building, but when it's wet they like to huddle in the doorway

NickInTheNorth
01-Aug-11, 17:33
Link to councils smoking policy :

http://www.highland.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/DD492950-896A-454C-BB30-B14F96475E97/0/guidancemanagingsmokingatwork.pdf

taken from that document :

The Highland Council has introduced a revised smoking policy which will operate
from 1st
January 2006. The policy is entitled “Managing Smoking at Work” and
incorporates the following major changes from the original smoking policy:-

a. A complete ban on smoking in enclosed Council premises and vehicles;
b. Smoking rooms will no longer be available;
c. There will be no smoking breaks as smoking will only be permitted outwith
contractual working hours;
d. Employees will not be permitted to smoke at entrance doorways, windows and
approaches to Council premises;
e. Signage will be provided at entrances to, and throughout Council premises
indicating that smoking is not permitted;
f. There will be an increased emphasis on smoking cessation support.

fender
01-Aug-11, 18:46
Can any one tell me the policy on smoking within thier premise's?

Why do you ask?

greener
01-Aug-11, 20:58
Why do you ask?

Just waiting for someone to ask , well this morning as I was passing the Wick town hall I saw a very prominent Thurso Councillor standing on the outside steps puffing away. Some rules for one / others springs to mind.[disgust]

sids
01-Aug-11, 22:03
a very prominent Thurso Councillor [disgust]

Where exactly was he or she sticking out?

Anyway, just don't vote for the villain at the next election. That'll fix it.

greener
01-Aug-11, 23:50
Where exactly was he or she sticking out?

Anyway, just don't vote for the villain at the next election. That'll fix it.

Like I said outside the Town hall in Wick !

Phill
02-Aug-11, 00:06
Like I said outside the Town hall in Wick !So they were complying with legislation then? :confused
(was there a copper speeding by without any warning lights on at the same time? If so then deffo an outrageous conspiracy)

Corrie 3
02-Aug-11, 10:01
So they were complying with legislation then? :confused
(was there a copper speeding by without any warning lights on at the same time? If so then deffo an outrageous conspiracy)
I think that warrants a call out from the armed response unit never mind speeding cops without lights!!!!!
A Councillor standing outside the Town Hall having a puff, whatever next indeed!!!!

C3......:roll::eek:

golach
02-Aug-11, 10:35
Hing the Coonsillor

DMFB
06-Aug-11, 08:48
Such a fuss over this.When I go to my appointments in the hospital there are countless members of the public and patients standing smoking at the door of the hospital. Signs up asking folk not to smoke but they carry on anyway.Not that I go there I also see people staning in the doorway of Weatherspoons smoking. It happens everwhere by lots of people this councillor is just another one who ignores the rules as they see fit.If they should be reprimanded then everyone else who pushes there luck should also.

Norseman
06-Aug-11, 09:46
Such a fuss over this.When I go to my appointments in the hospital there are countless members of the public and patients standing smoking at the door of the hospital. Signs up asking folk not to smoke but they carry on anyway.Not that I go there I also see people staning in the doorway of Weatherspoons smoking. It happens everwhere by lots of people this councillor is just another one who ignores the rules as they see fit.If they should be reprimanded then everyone else who pushes there luck should also.

and that includes all those standing just inside doorways of pubs such as the camps every day of the week

Corrie 3
06-Aug-11, 10:18
I do believe this thread is bordering on victimisation of smokers. Give it a rest all of you Holier than thou non smokers !!!!
Do you complain everytime a bus passes you and you end up inhaling the poisonous diesel fumes?...No, I thought not!!!!

Its people like you that end up putting people in the gas chambers because you think they are below you, they are not, they are just like you except they like a cigarette....

C3.....[disgust][disgust]

suth13
06-Aug-11, 12:28
Some people need to get a life.

Mrs Bucket
06-Aug-11, 20:07
Good manners and condideration for others thats what is needed eveyone seems to be out for themselves in all walks of life these days.or Maybe Ive just had a bad day.