PDA

View Full Version : Wasps nest

elamanya
01-Aug-11, 12:01
does any one on the org, know who could get rid of a wasps nest for us, without stinging us as well lol

annemarie482
01-Aug-11, 12:24
i know if your in a council house, the council have to remove it. as a relative has had this done.
(smoked them out then removed the nest)

might be worth a try to see even if your in a bought house.

elamanya
01-Aug-11, 12:30
were in a bought house annemarie, tryed the council, they dont do it it for private tenants any more

annemarie482
01-Aug-11, 12:45
rentokill should do it.

i've seen their vans around up here too.

Koi
01-Aug-11, 12:56
Find someone you know that is brave enough to wait untill nightfall, cover the nest and burn it and the nasty critters inside. My dad did this once and my brother toom a spade at night fall to one and crushed them when they were inside without being stung. Being brave is essential for this though it sounds cruel. Cost effective though as could be done for free.

binnes
01-Aug-11, 14:03
Cost effective though as could be done for free.

True, until you get badly stung and then need hospital treatment and time off work etc. I would say leave it to the professionals.

raymac
01-Aug-11, 17:29
We also had a nest this year, it was in the wall of our house, but half a tin of Raid, and a few sqirts from a tin of Wasp Nest Destroyer = no more wasps, and I never got stung by the wasps or a pest controler ; ).