View Full Version : pork sausages

01-Aug-11, 10:49
butcher made pork sausages available wednesday
made from free range rare breed pork
available in 1/2KG bags, £5 a KG
pm or phone 01593 721330.

Kodiak
01-Aug-11, 13:58
If you want really the Best in Prok Sausages then contact our own Puffin Croft here at Caithness.org. They are the very best you can get, mmmmmmmm, Loverly. Or go out to Puffin Croft at John O'Groats.

Eilanboy
01-Aug-11, 14:41
In my book Greystone Farm sausages takes some beating.Get them in the Market Square stall every Saturday

Commore
01-Aug-11, 15:12
no, OURS are quite simply the best!

gerry4
01-Aug-11, 15:12

Might be nice to say who you are and where the sausages are from

Kodiak
01-Aug-11, 15:49
Might be nice to say who you are and where the sausages are from

Personally I would never think of buying any form of food from someone who just leaves a Phone Number. They could be anybody. So I will continue to buy from someone I know, trust and who is Local, Puffin Croft.

Commore
01-Aug-11, 15:57
Personally I would never think of buying any form of food from someone who just leaves a Phone Number. They could be anybody. So I will continue to buy from someone I know, trust and who is Local, Puffin Croft.

450 is among many breeders of rare breed pigs in Caithness, and regularly offers pork as opposed to pig for sale.

Kodiak
01-Aug-11, 16:03
450 is among many breeders of rare breed pigs in Caithness, and regularly offers pork as opposed to pig for sale.

They may very well be, but Who are they, Where do they operate their Business from? No I still say I would not buy from anyone who only posts a Phone Number and no other information.

Oh and Meat from a Pig is Pork.

Commore
01-Aug-11, 17:05
They may very well be, but Who are they, Where do they operate their Business from? No I still say I would not buy from anyone who only posts a Phone Number and no other information.

Oh and Meat from a Pig is Pork.

Sarcasm, will get you nowhere. I am well aware of pork is pig.
Pig=live animal.
Pork= meat from pig, dead pig, that is. :)

telfordstar
01-Aug-11, 17:17
Your original post could of stated alot more info in it which would of avoided the org vultures tearing to shreds!

Kodiak
01-Aug-11, 18:17
Sarcasm, will get you nowhere. I am well aware of pork is pig.
Pig=live animal.
Pork= meat from pig, dead pig, that is. :)

Then why did you post :-

and regularly offers pork as opposed to pig for sale.

goldie boy
01-Aug-11, 19:15

Excellent Sausages, and Pork, My order is in already...... ;)

01-Aug-11, 20:07
what more info is needed?

scotsboy
01-Aug-11, 21:22
Very insensitive post on the first day of Ramadan;-)

sids
01-Aug-11, 22:14
This is what happens when you put adverts on the General forum.

shazzap
01-Aug-11, 22:19
Myself, i prefer. Fred Elliotts, sausage and bacon.

ducati
01-Aug-11, 22:43
Don't like prok

orkneycadian
01-Aug-11, 22:56
What other trades make sausages asides from butchers?

bakers?

candlestickmakers?

sids
01-Aug-11, 23:12
What other trades make sausages asides from butchers?

Tesco.

hahahaha

linda.borgie
01-Aug-11, 23:21
Just out of interest what do you other sellers charge per kg.
Thanks
Ian

andrew.bowles30
02-Aug-11, 07:55
hi i run a guest house and would like to try some greenland house castletown

Commore
02-Aug-11, 11:57
Just out of interest what do you other sellers charge per kg.
Thanks
Ian
Last year, we charged @ £2.00 per bag of about 12 sausages, these were also made from our own pigs but by a butcher.

bluechesse
02-Aug-11, 13:58
Oh my good god. Kodiac, what is your issue here? The man is only trying to sell a few sausages, yet you seem intent on hijacking this thread and pointing any potential customers in the direction of another seller. Are you a cross breed puffin bear by any chance? I've bought sausages from 450 in the past, and they were excellent. Stop being so bloody aggressive and give a local business a chance. Another thread ripped to shreds, and why? Because some people on here simply do not have anything better to do!

Crackeday
02-Aug-11, 14:53
Oh my good god. Kodiac, what is your issue here? The man is only trying to sell a few sausages, yet you seem intent on hijacking this thread and pointing any potential customers in the direction of another seller. Are you a cross breed puffin bear by any chance? I've bought sausages from 450 in the past, and they were excellent. Stop being so bloody aggressive and give a local business a chance. Another thread ripped to shreds, and why? Because some people on here simply do not have anything better to do!
Hear Hear!!!!!

Truewoman
04-Aug-11, 21:05
Got our sausages yesterday, had some for dinner tonight - delicious!! Can highly recommend, tasty & great value.