PDA

View Full Version : What kind of freezer?

Fran
01-Aug-11, 00:04
I have always had chest freezers, but now to save space i am geting a drawer frezer to sit on top of a condenser dryer.
What kind of freezer do you think is best, and where could I get a big 4 drawer upright freezer, does anyone know?

Phill
01-Aug-11, 00:20
No wise to put a freezer next to or on top of a dryer. It'll begger the condenser on the freezer.
They need a fair bit of cool air circulation around them.

Kodiak
01-Aug-11, 14:02
I would keep to your Chest Freezer as they are much better than any Drawer Freezer's. I bought a Drawer Freezer and it was the worst thing I have ever done.

poppett
01-Aug-11, 17:20
I have a fridge freezer and the freezer part is two drawers, devilish to find stuff and so heavy to lift out. One chip of ice build up in the wrong place and the door won`t stay shut.

I have never had enough frozen food to warrant a chest freezer, but my best friend has one and I think it is brilliant.

Beat Bug
01-Aug-11, 17:30
My late Father-in-law was a refrigeration engineer, and told us that fridges and freezers should have a minimum of 2" between each other for the air to circulate. I used to have a commercial upright freezer, and the worst thing I ever did was get rid of it. It didn't have drawers, just shelves, and I found it much easier to organise than a chest freezer, which I have now. I can never find anything, as I'm not very tall, and have difficulty reaching down to the bottom of it.