PDA

View Full Version : Prince Charles' Visit

Fran
31-Jul-11, 23:48
It is good for wick that Prince Charles is paying a visit to the town on Tuesday.

Phill
01-Aug-11, 00:14
Depends if he gets his wallet out and does some shopping. Didn't see him at the bonfire on Saturday night though, mebbe he woz too tired after doing another wedding.

Dadie
01-Aug-11, 00:16
Where is he visiting and why?

Phill
01-Aug-11, 00:23
Visitin' his granma's hoosey.

Birons
01-Aug-11, 00:28
We didn't have an official opening of our ironmongers shop, I wonder if he will be so kind?

Phill
01-Aug-11, 00:33
We didn't have an official opening of our ironmongers shop, I wonder if he will be so kind?I was wonderin'! Give him a bell in the morning, I'm sure he'll be happy too.

Birons
01-Aug-11, 00:39
I was wonderin'! Give him a bell in the morning, I'm sure he'll be happy too.

Anybody got his mobile number handy?

Phill
01-Aug-11, 00:48
C'mon, cannae be postin' his mowby on the tinterweb (Murdoch will be answering that anyway). I've tried asking him now but he's off his head on cheeky vimto's, making no sense at all. Try him at the castle tomorrow, I wouldn't call too early though as he'll have a sore head. 01847 598 108

Birons
01-Aug-11, 00:52
C'mon, cannae be postin' his mowby on the tinterweb (Murdoch will be answering that anyway). I've tried asking him now but he's off his head on cheeky vimto's, making no sense at all. Try him at the castle tomorrow, I wouldn't call too early though as he'll have a sore head. 01847 598 108

Cheers Phill, I'll give him a ring tomorrow, he can only say no at the worst.

Fran
01-Aug-11, 01:09
The sniffer dogs are going around a certain building tomorrow to make sure all is well for his visit.
Im sure if you asked nicely he would open your shop as he passes by Kevin.....go on, i dare you.

Torvaig
01-Aug-11, 01:18
No, no, nooo - do not get Charles to open your shop; he'll forever be wanting discount and freebies!

ducati
01-Aug-11, 06:18
No, no, nooo - do not get Charles to open your shop; he'll forever be wanting discount and freebies!

I don't know, 'By Royal Appointment' is worth a years advertising budget. I wonder where he gets the Aston cleaned?

Hey I wonder if he is an orger? One of these perhaps?

charley9

Charlie

chaz

Droopy
01-Aug-11, 07:25
Where is he visiting and why?He's visiting Robert Street to talk to a damaged tree, and also to try and console the branches.

Corrie 3
01-Aug-11, 08:56
He's visiting Robert Street to talk to a damaged tree, and also to try and console the branches.
Please dont make me laugh so early in the morning Droopy, it's not good for me!!!!!

C3.....:lol::lol::lol:

equusdriving
01-Aug-11, 15:22
He will be at the hospital until about 12.30 ish , to do with it being 25 yrs since it opened

Droopy
01-Aug-11, 15:42
He will be at the hospital until about 12.30 ish , to do with it being 25 yrs since it opened

Thats nothing, the tree in Robert Street is 50 years old!!

I wonder will Dr Shallcross get to speak to HRH while hes at the hospital ?....ld guess not, he might talk facts and burst the NHS management bubble........saying that lm sure the Dr is too much a gentleman.

greener
01-Aug-11, 16:01
It is good for wick that Prince Charles is paying a visit to the town on Tuesday.

Sorry, I heard he has been and gone, to the Faroes today then to Norway not to return to Caithness or even a vist to Wick at all.

eriba47
02-Aug-11, 09:42
Good riddance till him!

essex boy
02-Aug-11, 14:15
Treason!!!

h.miller1@sky.com
02-Aug-11, 15:27
Hi all my kids met prince charles today at Auckengill Nybster Broch dig, only a handful of children were chosen from Keiss Primary School.
They were so proud of themselves, what a day!!!!

Birons
02-Aug-11, 15:36
He's obviously not Caithness.Org reader, I bought a new ribbon, but it was a no show.

cherokee
02-Aug-11, 15:51
He's obviously not Caithness.Org reader, I bought a new ribbon, but it was a no show.

Awwww !! "One" must apologise that "one" couldn't make it at "one's" request, but "one" had more pressing things to think about, like how on earth "one" would be able to go about "one's" business with Caithness.Org, surmising "one's" whereabouts and "one's" to-do-list !! (BTW, "one" has to talk in "blue" as it's Mummy's most favourite colour) :D

(Dinna let 'at ribbon go 'til waste.....I'll come along an' officially declare your ironmongers, open !!! ) :cool:

peedie man
02-Aug-11, 16:16
Tuesday 2nd August 2011 (http://forum.caithness.org/diary/tuesday_2nd_august_2011_987312571.html)The Prince Charles, Duke of Rothesay, Patron of the Caithness Archaeological Trust, visits the Caithness Broch Centre, Auckengill and Nybster Broch,...

euan the driver
03-Aug-11, 20:44
i was followed an stopped by armed police just coz im suspicious looking an driving a white van.:lol::lol::Razz

Corrie 3
03-Aug-11, 21:07
i was followed an stopped by armed police just coz im suspicious looking an driving a white van.
I just hope the armed police weren't speeding, they will be loads of complaints on here if they were!!!!

C3.....:roll::roll:;)

Phill
03-Aug-11, 22:12
And tell the rozzers to fire their guns quietly please.

I had them stop me a few years ago when I stayed in Skarfskerry, I had a wander out towards Mey one morning when Charlie boy was up. It was a fed and a dog then, obviously the austerity measures have seen the dogs paid up and water pistols used in place.

piratelassie
04-Aug-11, 22:42
Its tlme we were a republic. No royals in the 21st centuary.

Phill
04-Aug-11, 22:47
Its tlme we were a republic. No royals in the 21st centuary.Who'd be yer El Presidente ?? Murdoch?

golach
04-Aug-11, 22:48
Who'd be yer El Presidente ?? Murdoch?

Maybees Wee Eck....maybees no [lol]

piratelassie
05-Aug-11, 00:56
Suggestions for elected president please.

ducati
05-Aug-11, 06:43
Suggestions for elected president please.

piratelassie

Couldn't be worse than A. S.