PDA

View Full Version : Stuck door - need help !

Iffy
29-Jul-11, 15:56
Hi,

My front door is stuck !! :eek: I'm quite sure it's the locking-mechanism which has jammed; also the actual door handle won't stay in the horizontal position. Have tried phoning the original joinery company who installed it, but they must be on the trades-fortnight.

At present I have to use my back-door which is proving quite inconvienent. My OH works away, so I have to make a decision about what to do or who to phone with regards getting it fixed?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated ! :)

Torvaig
29-Jul-11, 18:37
I'm too late for today but tomorrow telephone any joiner and ask for help; if they can't do it themselves they may know a man who can!

Torvaig
29-Jul-11, 18:41
Hi,

My front door is stuck !! :eek: I'm quite sure it's the locking-mechanism which has jammed; also the actual door handle won't stay in the horizontal position. Have tried phoning the original joinery company who installed it, but they must be on the trades-fortnight.

At present I have to use my back-door which is proving quite inconvienent. My OH works away, so I have to make a decision about what to do or who to phone with regards getting it fixed?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated ! :)

Telephone any joiner listed in the "Business - contractor - joiner" here on the org. Be prepared to pay more over the weekend and throughout the trades fortnight. Good luck...

Iffy
29-Jul-11, 18:43
Thank you Torvaig and also those who have PM'd me !!
:)
I have contacted a lock-smith company, via a web-site, who are coming out on Monday to, hopefully, fix it !!....

Iffy
30-Jul-11, 09:56
The lock-smith company phoned me this morning to say that they don't have any work-men in this area - why they couldn't have told me that yesterday, goodness only knows !!!!!

So, basically, I'm back to square one ! I'll try phoing some joiners, Torvaig, but I think I really need a lock-smith.

Anyone else got ideas ?

gm1
30-Jul-11, 10:50
is your door made of wood or upvc

Iffy
30-Jul-11, 12:07
Hi gm1

The door is made of upvc.

Iffy
30-Jul-11, 18:34
Can anyone tell me when the "Trades" end, please?

Liz
30-Jul-11, 23:20
Och what a pest Iffy! :( Afraid the trades fortnight has just started.

Might be worth giving Alex MacKay a ring. http://www.caithness-business.co.uk/business.php?id=1049

Iffy
01-Aug-11, 14:20
What kind and considerate people there are on this forum !!! :Razz

Someone has just been around and fixed my front door, with no expectation of payment ! How great is that?

You know who you are, so once again I want to thank you so much for your help it was very much appreciated indeed !! :D :D

Torvaig
01-Aug-11, 14:26
Yes, there are quiet angels around; mind you, some of them wear tackety boots! Glad you are sorted Iffy!

Iffy
01-Aug-11, 14:36
Thank you Torvaig and Liz, also for your thoughtful PM's to me! :D

Yep, very kind people on here (most of the time,LOL!) ! ;)