PDA

View Full Version : One handed coach drivers

Fran
29-Jul-11, 00:25
So annoyed at seeing coach drivers driving their large tourist coaches through Wick with one hand on the steering wheel and one on a microphone. How dangerous. Surely this is the same as using a mobile phone and a microphone is much bigger, so they should be charged and fined.

Walter Ego
29-Jul-11, 07:14
I believe they were a coachload of lumberjacks on a sightseeing trip to Robert Street.....

Cattach
29-Jul-11, 09:44
I believe they were a coachload of lumberjacks on a sightseeing trip to Robert Street.....

Tell me more. Not sure if this is genuine piece of info or just a joke comment. If a joke I cannot see it please explain. If not a joke tell us more and not just leave the statement with a feww full stops....

sids
29-Jul-11, 12:39
So annoyed at seeing coach drivers driving their large tourist coaches through Wick with one hand on the steering wheel and one on a microphone. How dangerous. Surely this is the same as using a mobile phone and a microphone is much bigger, so they should be charged and fined.

I suppose it's half the same as using a phone because you talk into the mike but don't listen to it.

I drive better with one hand, especially at high speed.

DrChin
29-Jul-11, 13:10

I agree 100%, Coach Drivers should not drive using only one hand as this can be very dangerous indeed. The Police should stop and charge any Coach Driver doing this and from now on I also think the public should report each and every incident seen to the Police.

Kirdon
29-Jul-11, 15:19

Business or pleasure!!!!!!

sids
29-Jul-11, 15:26
This new law can't apply to lorry drivers, because their elbow must protrude from the side window at all times.

Corrie 3
29-Jul-11, 17:56
I am just laughing at what exactly the coach drivers are saying into the microphones when they drive through Wick one handed?

1). Sorry folks, we can't stop here as the Natives would get too excited.!
2). Hang on to your hats as I am about to put my right foot to the floor until we have passed Tesco!!
3). You might find a bit of turbulence as I swerve to miss all the Boy-Racers.!!!!
4). Hope non of you want the toilet cos the toilets here are run by a private company and are never open!
5.) I dont want to upset you all but we will be at J.O'Groats in about 20mins, save your groans until then!!!
6). First one to spot a person with a smile on their face gets a 50p shopping voucher!!!
7). Anyone who likes shopping in Charity shops please jump from the coach now!!!
8). Anyone who is feeling sick right now just you wait till we get to Thurso, you will turn Green!!!!

What do you think the coach drivers are saying into the microphones as they drive through Wick one handed? A 25p shopping voucher to the best quip!!!

C3......:roll::roll:;)

Fran
29-Jul-11, 23:31
They are saying "look at me driving dangerously with one hand on the wheel and one hand on a long microphone" no funny remarks to that please.

sids
30-Jul-11, 02:01
Admit it, Fran: you're as mad as a potato.

Walter Ego
30-Jul-11, 07:26
C3PO:

"And whilst we drive through Wick, I will hold this microphone and will be taking bets on how long it takes for someone to complain about it online":Razz