PDA

View Full Version : Reptile Breeders in Caithness?

ShelleyCowie
28-Jul-11, 21:34
Hi *waves*

Does anyone know of any reputable breeders in Caithness. We seem to have the "bug" lol. Not planning it right now, but a few months maybe looking to get a king snake or Corn snake. And the hubby is also wanting a gecko (i prefer the golden geckos or dwarf cos they are cute)

So if anyone knows of someone can they let me know! Thanks :Razz

Robinwood
24-Aug-11, 06:49
LoL ! Why do you guys want to grow a Snake... I know its your own interest ! but don't you think snake would be little dangerous to the kid no matter it may be non poisonous but still it may harm your children right ?

Stefan
24-Aug-11, 10:00
???
How would a king snake harm a child ???
Even if it would bite it would do less harm than a walk in the countryside or on the beach on a warm humid windless day in August or September... ! LOL.

ShelleyCowie
25-Aug-11, 16:35
haha corn snakes are harmless! Corn snake bites are literally like the rough side of velcro scratching you, very rarely do people even notice where they have been bitten because 9 times out of 10....no mark is left.

Snakes are amazing pets. My kids are mesmerised watching our corn. Especially when she is eating ;)

demac-artist
26-Aug-11, 16:09
If i remember rightly there is a section of other animals which have snakes, lizards and even an iguana up for adoption on SSCPA worth giving them a ring

emszxr
26-Aug-11, 21:48
i have a king and corn which my 3 kids love having out, and wrapped round their necks. i also take them to playgroup and nurseries so kids can see them and that well looked after snakes are harmless