PDA

View Full Version : Thurso Post Office Closed on Monday

Kodiak
28-Jul-11, 13:36
Thurso Post Office will be closed on Monday 1st August. If like me you usually get your Pension on a Monday you will not get your Pension until Tuesday. :(

Since this Holiday is Not classed as a National Holiday Payments will not be paid in early on Friday.

That is the Bad news but the good news is that Wick Post Office will be open and if you can get through to Wick you will be able to get your Pension there. :D

DrChin
29-Jul-11, 13:00
Cheers for this Info !!

stekar
31-Jul-11, 16:53
No doubt there will be big queues on Tuesday after the holiday.......

Cattach
01-Aug-11, 14:03
Thurso Post Office will be closed on Monday 1st August. If like me you usually get your Pension on a Monday you will not get your Pension until Tuesday. :(

Since this Holiday is Not classed as a National Holiday Payments will not be paid in early on Friday.

That is the Bad news but the good news is that Wick Post Office will be open and if you can get through to Wick you will be able to get your Pension there. :D

This is, of course, a Scottish Bank Holiday. The English one is at the end of the month. Check your callendar!

Kodiak
01-Aug-11, 15:05
This is, of course, a Scottish Bank Holiday. The English one is at the end of the month. Check your callendar!

SURPRISE!! I knew it was a Scottish Bank Holiday. If you read what I posted I said that it was Not Classed as a National Holiday. This was the Annoying bit as when I phoned up the Post Office to see if the Pensions would be paid in on Friday I was advised :-

"Since this is a Scottish Bank Holiday and Scotland is not Part of the UK, this is not a National Holiday, the Pensions will be paid on Monday as usual."

The original post was for information only, for if anyone really needed to obtain their pension on Monday they could still do so at Wick Post Office.

John Little
01-Aug-11, 18:01
Scotland is not part of the UK?

Does the Post office know something we do not? :0

golach
01-Aug-11, 19:09
Scotland is not part of the UK?

Does the Post office know something we do not? :0

Our holidays are different to yours John
http://2011bankholidays.co.uk/

John Little
01-Aug-11, 22:20
Aye Golach - I know- but still in the UK though different holidays. I was just thinking the GPO had declared independence :eek:

sandyr1
01-Aug-11, 23:47
Why hasn't the pension system kept pace with the IT revolution.....
I noticed last time I was over people going to the PO for their pension, even tho' the weather was bad, not well etc.
We here, I am sure, have the same amount of Seniors and we have it deposited into our accounts......
Also nearly all social assistance/ welfare payments are made in a similar way/ cuts out fraud/ personation etc etc....

golach
01-Aug-11, 23:54
Why hasn't the pension system kept pace with the IT revolution.....
I noticed last time I was over people going to the PO for their pension, even tho' the weather was bad, not well etc.
We here, I am sure, have the same amount of Seniors and we have it deposited into our accounts......
Also nearly all social assistance/ welfare payments are made in a similar way/ cuts out fraud/ personation etc etc....

Sandy its their choice