PDA

View Full Version : wick bonefire

bilbobaggins
28-Jul-11, 00:56
Hi I wonder if the bonfire on Saturday is going to be as. Good as last years I really enjoyed last year

Corrie 3
28-Jul-11, 09:43
Hi I wonder if the bonfire on Saturday is going to be as. Good as last years I really enjoyed last year
I have heard that it isnt going to be as good !!

C3.....:eek::roll:;)

John Little
28-Jul-11, 10:28
I liked the spelling of the thread title.

Bonefire is the ancient spelling as used in the 17th century by the likes of Samuel Pepys so it brings history and old customs into my head.

Is this an old tradition?

Torvaig
28-Jul-11, 10:41
I have heard that it isnt going to be as good !!

C3.....:eek::roll:;)

That's a shame; I won't bother travelling to Wick to see it then.... a pity.....(tongue-in-cheek!)

Eilanboy
28-Jul-11, 10:48

Would have thought you won,t know the answer to this until after Saturdays event

John Little
28-Jul-11, 10:53
Ah - a light dawns.

The Gala bonfire. I guess that does go back a long way.

Wish I could be there :(

Corrie 3
28-Jul-11, 10:59
I heard that there is going to be 5kg less wood used than last year, so going on that it wont be as good !!!!!

C3.......:roll::lol:;)

catran
28-Jul-11, 12:12
The bonfire is always good and will be good this year and all just wait and see.

bilbobaggins
28-Jul-11, 18:16
5kg is a lot less never mind if that was me doing the fireworks I would have hundreds of kg lol never mind will go down a lookie to see

Doolally
28-Jul-11, 22:59
Be nice if they lit the bonfire 10 minutes earlier. By the time the fireworks finish the kids are usually tired and then they have to hang around for a wee while waiting for the fire to really get going.

At least it looks like being drier this year so they should get it lit. Struggled a bit last year!

bilbobaggins
29-Jul-11, 00:49
Does any one keen how much kg of fireworks there usen this year

Walter Ego
29-Jul-11, 07:17
Does any one keen how much kg of fireworks there usen this year

They are two bangers and a catherine wheel down on last year.

So I'm giving it a miss:(

gleeber
29-Jul-11, 08:20
They are two bangers and a catherine wheel down on last year.

So I'm giving it a miss:(
That's another cracker short too then. :eek: