PDA

View Full Version : Cremola Foam is coming home!!!!!!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
28-Sep-06, 21:58
Yes!!!!Its back its coming back to the shelves near ye.On its own wi water....frothy baby!!!!!Or even wi a Vodka.....oooooohhhhh yeah!!!!!!!.

They've remembered the formula and re-releasing it...........mmmmmm!!!

Ye all must remember yir first taste o' the blissfull stuff?:lol: :lol:

sam
28-Sep-06, 22:03
a drank gallons the stuff when a was a kid, i for one will be stocking up on it if it makes a comeback:lol:

Buttercup
28-Sep-06, 22:04
Delighted to hear that Cedric. Let's hope it tastes the same. Remember the wee blue bag of salt - Smith's crisps haven't lived up to the memory we all held of them!:lol:

unicorn
mmmmmm I used to eat it off the spoon and let my mouth explode with foam lol mum wasn't so keen on that method strangely enough!!!

las123
great, when is it coming back? do you know what shops it is going to, i loved the stuff the orange and the red - yum yum!!!!

sapphire
28-Sep-06, 22:05
Which was your favourite...Strawberry or Lemon?

crashbandicoot1979
28-Sep-06, 22:06
Delighted to hear its coming back!!! Surprised that its still legal, it must be chock full of lethal E numbers!!! Absolutely loved it when I was a kid - the pink one was my favourite. Used to use it as a mixer in more recent years...

chaz
28-Sep-06, 22:08
I just loved it too , cant wait:)

sam
28-Sep-06, 22:09
Putting the fizz back into Creamola Foam
http://www.stv.tv/export/sites/default/news/sectionResources/images/film_big.gif Creamola Foam (http://www.stv.tv/system/modules/com.smg.copland/elements/news/videoGallery.jsp?param=/archive/files/Scotland_Today_video/07082006foam_300k.wmv)

A much loved children's drink could go back on sale thanks to a revival of interest in sweets from the past.
The original recipe for Creamola Foam has been lost but it is hoped that experts can now recreate the sugary concoction that set the taste buds tingling for new generations of Scottish children.
The recipe for Creamola Foam was lost when the fizzy drink went out of production eight years ago. So Paul Groundwater was delighted when he discovered an unopened tin at his Orkney bakery.
If all goes to plan, Mr Groundwater’s tin will be opened in carefully controlled laboratory conditions. Then scientists will use chemical analysis in the hope they can discover what made Creamola Foam such a special drink.
http://www.stv.tv/archive/images/cremola-foam-article.jpg (http://www.stv.tv/system/modules/com.smg.copland/elements/news/pictureGallery.jsp?param1=/news/specialReports/Putting_the_fizz_back_into_Creamola_Foam&param2=1)
However today it apperas as if Paul's hopes of helping a Creamola Foam revival have been dashed.
After his discovery attracted nationwide publicity, the company hoping to recreate the drink has been inundated with calls from people offering tins of their own.
What ever happens now, Creamola Foam could soon join a growing list of children's favourites rescued from obscurity and put back on the market thanks to a revival of interest in confectionary blasts from the past.

dragonfly
28-Sep-06, 22:11
mmmmmm I used to eat it off the spoon and let my mouth explode with foam lol mum wasn't so keen on that method strangely enough!!!

haaha, just as well you have a dentist in Turkey that doesn't charge a lot!!!

Piglet
28-Sep-06, 22:12
ooh yes.

My fav is strawberry . . . Yeh & i must agree with vodka would be good, lol.

Its good to hear that it making a comeback. :D

Cedric Farthsbottom III
28-Sep-06, 22:13
Which was your favourite...Strawberry or Lemon?

Loved them all sapphire.Being brought back nationwide,so should be in all stores soon.

The joys of eating moondust,ye remember the sweetie ye put in yir mouth and it would crackle against yer teeth.Then washed doon wi' a mug o' Cremola foam..................FROTHY.....God rid o' aw the plaque in yer teeth.Don't try it too much though or it'll blast yer teeth too!!!!:lol: :lol:

las123
28-Sep-06, 22:13
i think once it hits the shelves, it will be sold out all the time as everyone will be wanting to get there hands on it

highlander
28-Sep-06, 22:15
FRANTASTIC!!! now this is good news, whos up for a cremola foam party. lol

sapphire
28-Sep-06, 22:15
I still have a hankering for floral gums and cherry lips.I know it's still possible to get them but I'm staying clear!! :D

connieb19
28-Sep-06, 22:16
FRANTASTIC!!! now this is good news, whos up for a cremola foam party. lol
LOL, wait till Fran see's this post.:lol:

tip top
28-Sep-06, 22:16
Hope this comeback lasts longer than spangles did.:D

Cedric Farthsbottom III
28-Sep-06, 22:20
Hope this comeback lasts longer than spangles did.:D

Spangles wis a sweetie tiptop,they tasted darn good at the time.Cremola Foam can be used as a mixer for alcohol.....so ye'll enjoy it even as an adult!!!:lol:

Piglet
28-Sep-06, 22:30
I told my hubby it,s coming back( he's working away at mo).

He told the guy he shares digs with in England & he said what ive never heard of it - aparently it was a Scottish thing.

Man they dinna know what they missed 1st time round.

Billy Boy
28-Sep-06, 22:37
what about space dust lol,i used to put a hole packet in ma gob and when it started popping a thought it was going to take the top of ma head,mrs bb gave some to her mum's yorkshire terrier because it would'nt stop begging for some,so when she gave it some it did a back flip and came back for more[lol]

Cedric Farthsbottom III
28-Sep-06, 22:40
Putting the fizz back into Creamola Foam
http://www.stv.tv/export/sites/default/news/sectionResources/images/film_big.gif Creamola Foam (http://www.stv.tv/system/modules/com.smg.copland/elements/news/videoGallery.jsp?param=/archive/files/Scotland_Today_video/07082006foam_300k.wmv)

A much loved children's drink could go back on sale thanks to a revival of interest in sweets from the past.
The original recipe for Creamola Foam has been lost but it is hoped that experts can now recreate the sugary concoction that set the taste buds tingling for new generations of Scottish children.
The recipe for Creamola Foam was lost when the fizzy drink went out of production eight years ago. So Paul Groundwater was delighted when he discovered an unopened tin at his Orkney bakery.
If all goes to plan, Mr Groundwater’s tin will be opened in carefully controlled laboratory conditions. Then scientists will use chemical analysis in the hope they can discover what made Creamola Foam such a special drink.
http://www.stv.tv/archive/images/cremola-foam-article.jpg (http://www.stv.tv/system/modules/com.smg.copland/elements/news/pictureGallery.jsp?param1=/news/specialReports/Putting_the_fizz_back_into_Creamola_Foam&param2=1)
However today it apperas as if Paul's hopes of helping a Creamola Foam revival have been dashed.
After his discovery attracted nationwide publicity, the company hoping to recreate the drink has been inundated with calls from people offering tins of their own.
What ever happens now, Creamola Foam could soon join a growing list of children's favourites rescued from obscurity and put back on the market thanks to a revival of interest in confectionary blasts from the past.

Read this too sam a few months back.But the recipe is being manufactured now.The foam is back.....YUS!!!!

pultneytooner
28-Sep-06, 22:41
Read this too sam a few months back.But the recipe is being manufactured now.The foam is back.....YUS!!!!
Spangles next.:D

Cedric Farthsbottom III
28-Sep-06, 22:42
Spangles next.:D

I didnae like spangles......wis a green and white Pacer man masel':lol:

pultneytooner
28-Sep-06, 22:54
I didnae like spangles......wis a green and white Pacer man masel':lol:If you miss Pacers - those white minty chewy sweets with green stripes - then you will love Spearmint Mojos. They are big, soft chews with a deliciously minty taste - the only things missing are the green stripes![lol]

Cedric Farthsbottom III
28-Sep-06, 23:03
If you miss Pacers - those white minty chewy sweets with green stripes - then you will love Spearmint Mojos. They are big, soft chews with a deliciously minty taste - the only things missing are the green stripes![lol]

Mojos......is that like hip hop sweets ma pal!!!

Put the needle on the sweetie
And it goes like this.......:lol:

squidge
28-Sep-06, 23:07
What on earth is cremola foam????

pultneytooner
28-Sep-06, 23:07
Mojos......is that like hip hop sweets ma pal!!!

And it goes like this.......:lol:
I'll ask austin powers, he lost his once apparently.:D

Cedric Farthsbottom III
28-Sep-06, 23:09

Cremola Foam was life before Soda Stream!!!:lol: :lol:

Piglet
28-Sep-06, 23:10
Cremola Foam was life before Soda Stream!!!:lol: :lol:

Yeh & far cheaper aswell

there is a petition to bring it back
http://www.retrosweets.co.uk/bring_back_cremola_foam.shtm

squidge
28-Sep-06, 23:13
We had a soda syphon lol

fizzy vimto in a second

connieb19
28-Sep-06, 23:15
It's a bit like flavoured Andrews Liver Salts.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
28-Sep-06, 23:16
I'll ask austin powers, he lost his once apparently.:D

He did pultneytooner....but he got it back:lol:

Piglet
28-Sep-06, 23:17

Well a mix between that & sherbert but in liquid form well thats if you add the water . . . unless like Unicorn u eat it by the spoonful.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
28-Sep-06, 23:18

Connie,ye drink it wi' yer alcohol,no the mornin after!!!!:lol: :lol:

squidge
28-Sep-06, 23:20
hmm i m not convinced - ill wait and see

henry20
29-Sep-06, 08:26
Oh, the memories! What I want to know is why people still have unopened tins after all this time!!!???

My mum had to buy me some every time she went shopping and it never lasted long!

Geo
29-Sep-06, 08:51
I told my hubby it,s coming back( he's working away at mo).

He told the guy he shares digs with in England & he said what ive never heard of it - aparently it was a Scottish thing.

Man they dinna know what they missed 1st time round.

We had it in N.Ireland so I guess it was nationwide and your hubbies friend just missed out, poor chap!