PDA

View Full Version : neighbours??

las123
28-Sep-06, 21:50
we live in a what was quiet cul-de-sac, we have 9 houses in it and and 6 of them are really nice and friendly etc, we have just found out through the other nice neighbours why they dont bother with one of them, he has been in the nick for beating up his wife, they also call him a paedophile. he took my 2 year old son out of our garden the other day without even asking my husband or myself if it was ok, i went belistic, the neighbours told us to watch him as he is quite creepy and sleezy, i take people on a first come thing is you know what i mean, let everyone have a chance, he even cuts his grass half naked, no matter if it is sunny or not, it is not a thing you do when there is loads of kids in the area. i remember one day when i was hanging the washing out in the summer months he kept staring whistling etc, but i am now really scared of him. and now we have just had another new neighbour who moved in who likes parties etc but what goes on at there parties we dont know, we are not wanting bottles lying round everywhere etc and there is a lot of cars on the street to, they are quite rough, all the neighbours are raging as it is a family sort of place, just wait to the parties start up, i am sure they will soon get sick of it. theres nothing worse when you love your home and put alot of time and money into it and then you are scared to move!!!!!

anyone else have problems like these?? i would love to hear about them, make sure we are not the only street like this!!!!:confused

dragonfly
28-Sep-06, 21:55
Don't get me started! We live behind a street which has a block of bedsits that house the socially unacceptable (druggies, alcholics) entertainment most nights (or should that be mornings as its usually between 2-4am)

Complained to the council only to be told that they have a right to housing! Yeah, on Stroma where they can kick the living daylights out of each other and leave the rest of us in peace and quiet!!!!

las123
28-Sep-06, 21:59
i agree, we have been told that when they have parties there is drugs involved, we are just dreading it, they worst thing is they have bought the house, they even throw golf balls around outside near the cars, you would think it would soft balls or even better stil there is a grass bit at the end of where we live, you would think they would go there.

WeeBurd
28-Sep-06, 23:20
Snip... he took my 2 year old son out of our garden the other day without even asking my husband or myself if it was ok, i went belistic... Snip

Las, I let my wee lady run around in the garden too, and would never tolerate anyone taking her without the permission of MrBurd or I. It terrifies me the thought of it. You must report such issues to the police, please, better safe than sorry - maybe they could have a word with the neighbour then?

You are right to take people as you see them - as for calling someone a paedophile though, unless they know it's the truth, such talk from your other neighbours can only be hurtful AND dangerous.

In this case, you've had an incident which has made you understandably upset and angry. If there was no clear, acceptable reason for your child being removed by your neighbour, the I'd be straight to the bobbies, after giving him an earbashing myself!!

I feel for you - we are very lucky to have fantastic neighbours ourselves...

Ali
28-Sep-06, 23:39
Don't get me started! We live behind a street which has a block of bedsits that house the socially unacceptable (druggies, alcholics) entertainment most nights (or should that be mornings as its usually between 2-4am)

Complained to the council only to be told that they have a right to housing! Yeah, on Stroma where they can kick the living daylights out of each other and leave the rest of us in peace and quiet!!!!

You must live in my street......:lol:

Bingobabe
29-Sep-06, 15:43
I cant belive this guy took your two year old child out of your garden without asking did you inform the police?

angela5
29-Sep-06, 16:03
Did you ask this guy where he was intending taking your child? I would want to know his purpose for taking any child out of their garden, and i would have certainly called the police.

percy toboggan
29-Sep-06, 16:12
I agree with Angela. With your suspicions I would have planted the bloke & then called the police. Strangers have no right to remove a child of ANY age without the parents say so. If he is cutting his grass semi-naked in all weathers he might be one who likes to display himself, or get a year round 'tan' either way he is dodgy. If he 'whistles' at you tell him to cease. If he doesn't inform your husband. This man needs reminding he is answerable to the normal rules of a civilised community.

Tell him to stay away from your kids. I'd want to know from the Police if he is on the sex offenders register too. If they can't tell you -I'm not sure - check up on his history locally.

las123
29-Sep-06, 16:25
i have already given him a mouthful, and told him to stay clear, he is just really creepy.

when i asked him why he took my child he said that it was for a drink. beleive me if he ever does that again, my husband will deal with him then the police.

i dont even look at him, just gives me the shivers!!!

angela5
29-Sep-06, 17:24
i have already given him a mouthful, and told him to stay clear, he is just really creepy.

when i asked him why he took my child he said that it was for a drink. beleive me if he ever does that again, my husband will deal with him then the police.

i dont even look at him, just gives me the shivers!!!

If he is so creepy and attempted to take your child then i'd be seriously concerned. I would still contact the police to voice your concern, I'd want to know how much of a risk he is, the next child he takes might not be so lucky.

jinglejangle
29-Sep-06, 20:15
you have to tell the police your concerns - imagine how guilty you would feel if he takes someone else child and something happens.

Billy Boy
29-Sep-06, 20:28
no if's or but's if someone took little miss bb,the only thing getting called would be the ambulance lol, for the person who took her[evil]

highlander
29-Sep-06, 20:39
I remember reading a story that a father had wrote in a newspaper, he was in a hotel toilet and a little boy had come out of one of the toilets he could not pull his trousers up properly, he asked the man for help, he did want to help the lad, but told him he could not help, me was so worried that someone would come in and get the wrong idea of what was happening.
Going back to your question, i would have lost the heed with that man, as he had NO right to take any child, and got my husband to give him a strong verbal, and also notified the police, how do you know this was not a part of grooming as we get warned about.

las123
29-Sep-06, 20:54
many thanks for all your concerns, it is probably to late for the police to do anything about it now but i will go in and notify them of what happened. i wouldnt like any other family to go through that. and i would think that he would already have a police record after being in the nick. it just shows, you never know who your neighbours are!!!

WeeBurd
29-Sep-06, 21:00
Good luck, Las123, I think you're doing the right thing!

And I hope you don't have too much trouble in your street - want me to let you know if there's any houses going by in my 'hood, it's quite respectable, honest ;) ?!

gollach
30-Sep-06, 16:16
Being a childminder, I think that you should have gone straight to the police with your concerns as soon as possible after the event you described.

I hope that you have reported it now.

unicorn
30-Sep-06, 16:21
Absolutely agree and I would have thought an incident report should have been filled in and the care commission notified and the police, even though it was your own child as there is a risk factor involved.

las123
30-Sep-06, 19:36
i wasnt a registered childminder when this happened. and i now only allow children to play in the back garden as it is closed in and fully supervised. i would never put any child at risk and i am very good at what i do. i have notified the police, it is not possible for them to do anything now but have kept it on record.

gollach
30-Sep-06, 19:46
Las123,

I said what I said because you claimed that this happened just the other day

he took my 2 year old son out of our garden the other day

and I noticed you advertising as a registered childminder in July. I am sure that you would never expose a child to risk but your post did suggest to that there was a genuine child protection issue here given the reported behaviour of your neighbour.

unicorn
30-Sep-06, 19:48
I thought that also so sorry for any offense caused as none was intended I am sure you are very good at your job as these days you have to be absolutely dedicated to what you do to be a registered childminder lol.

Sarahc
12-Jan-07, 15:31
In response to Las123's comments on bad neighbours.

I have known said neighbour for more than 12 years and can categorically confirm that they are one of the best families you could meet.

Their children are very well behaved and the house and garden area are always well presented and tidy.

As for all night parties, what's the harm in having a 30th birthday party in your own home?

I think people should not prejudge before someone moves in based on the hearsay of narrow minded people.

People really make me angry when they gossip about someone they actually know nothing about.

the nomad
12-Jan-07, 17:24
Oh dear we have a huge difference of opinion here handbags at dawn!!!!

Seriously without pre judging anyone he had no right to remove a two year old, if he needed a drink he would have gone shouting to his mum anyway.

If he is staring and whistling he appears to be intent on winding you up, did you have a fall out at anytime?

Still remaiming neutral if your fears are founded then a damn good kicking sounds about right. My boss (aka mrs nomad) would expect me to do nothing less. Also if one of my neighbours was whistling and oggling mrs m that's kicking number 2 without direct instruction.