PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone repair a chip on my windscreen

travelling man
26-Jul-11, 21:37
While travelling on the Dounreay road today a very kind lorry threw up a stone that chipped my windscreen, Ive seen the TV advert about repairing the chip rather than fitting a new windscreen was wondering if anyone on the Org new of a garage/workshop that could do that type of repair.

Tosh
26-Jul-11, 22:10
Check your insurance policy,most repair it free, others cost £10, Auto glass will come to you, there is a guy based in caithness, he did mine was there in less than an hour.

theone
26-Jul-11, 23:37
Gavin from Autoglass will do it.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

ducati
26-Jul-11, 23:54
A word of warning, I had a chip repaired and the windscreen cracked nearly in half the next day. I wasn't even driving :eek:

sweetpea
27-Jul-11, 09:07
A word of warning, I had a chip repaired and the windscreen cracked nearly in half the next day. I wasn't even driving :eek:

Same thing happened to me a couple of months back. Autoglass repaired the chip for free but were back within a few days and charged me £75 to put in new screen, wouldn't accept it had anything to do with the original repair even though the crack appeared right from where the repair had been.

orkneycadian
27-Jul-11, 13:42
Had a chip "repaired" by "Autoglass" some years ago. For that, read, some guy from a local farm came out and painted stuff like nail varnish over it. That was it! Windscreen still intact, but it looks likes someones painted a dollop of nail varnish in the middle of it.....

Dunno what all the fuss on the radio adverts is about. If its that easy, just paint some stuff that looks like nail varnish over and never bother with all this "calling them out" and "well take care of it with your insurance company"!

upolian
28-Jul-11, 18:34
I can.... :)

Ricco
31-Jul-11, 21:20
I've had several repairs done by (approved) Autoglass technicians - never had any trouble. Could hardly see the repair... and one of them was right at the acceptable size limit.