PDA

View Full Version : Help again! LG U8360

porshiepoo
28-Sep-06, 20:45
I have a LG U8360 mobile phone that I bought last week 2nd hand (DUH! Note to self - no such thing as a bargain) anyways it was locked to the 3G sim so I sent it off and had it unlocked and it now accepts any sim.
I thought everything was great until someone rang me and although i could hear them they couldn't hear me.
Does anyone know what this could be? Could it be the microphone? I'm not sure of the inner trappings of this particular make so I haven't got a clue.

Has this happened to anyone else? Would purchasing a bluetooth headset help? This will sound completely anal as I have never even seen a bluetooth but do they bypass the need for the phone microphone?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Piglet
28-Sep-06, 20:47
A blue tooth head set is like a one piece headset u clip round your ear this should bypass your problem as the mike is on the headset -only if it is blue tooth enabled phone but anyone can feel free to contradict as i am not that techno minded

henry20
28-Sep-06, 20:56
Probably the best thing to do would be to borrow a bluetooth set from someone to try it out first. Better than forking out for a bluetooth set. :)

Ricco
28-Sep-06, 21:00
Porshiepoo - what are you up to my dear? Having a technological brainstorm by the looks of things. ;)

porshiepoo
29-Sep-06, 09:02
Porshiepoo - what are you up to my dear? Having a technological brainstorm by the looks of things. ;)

Hahahahaha! Dangerous isn't it! :lol:

Got a bit too cock sure of myself when I fixed my puterthough - with the help of fellow orgers - and I figured I'd reinstall windows on my kids computer. Eek!
I managed to fix mine and break theirs lol. They ain't too chuffed, especially as I don't seem to be as manically attempting to fix theirs as I was mine. lol.

j4bberw0ck
29-Sep-06, 12:18
Did it come with a recovery disk???? :lol::lol:

porshiepoo
29-Sep-06, 13:21
Sure did!!!!! :lol:

Moonboots
05-Oct-06, 10:06
I have a LG U8360 mobile phone that I bought last week 2nd hand (DUH! Note to self - no such thing as a bargain) anyways it was locked to the 3G sim so I sent it off and had it unlocked and it now accepts any sim.
I thought everything was great until someone rang me and although i could hear them they couldn't hear me.
Does anyone know what this could be? Could it be the microphone? I'm not sure of the inner trappings of this particular make so I haven't got a clue.

Has this happened to anyone else? Would purchasing a bluetooth headset help? This will sound completely anal as I have never even seen a bluetooth but do they bypass the need for the phone microphone?

Thanks in advance for any help.

It looks like when the phone got unlocked. The company or person who done this reloaded the software on the phone. This can cause the microphone to blow and would need replaced.

You phone does have bluetooth so you wont have any problems with using a bluetooth handsfree set.