PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to Bulgaria?

Fran
25-Jul-11, 22:48
Have been told sunny beach, bulgaria is a good place to go by the black sea. Has anyone been?
would like to know what it is like there.

golach
25-Jul-11, 22:51
Have a look here Fran, an honest web site, warts and all

http://www.holidays-uncovered.co.uk/

taffy
26-Jul-11, 12:07
Been 3 times now Fran and going back again. Stayed at the Fenix each time only downside is the food in the hotels but there are lots of good pubs with great food and very cheap. Very friendly people and live music everywhere you go in the evening. Would highly recomend.

dollycat
26-Jul-11, 18:43
My Mum and Dad went there last year. It was a last minute thing and they werent too sure as they had planned Madiera. They loved it and my Mum said the people couldnt be nicer. She said she could have stayed for much longer than the week. The trip was booked locally in Wick so you could speak to the girls in there.

crashbandicoot1979
27-Jul-11, 13:09
I was there a couple of years ago, the people were really friendly and there was quite alot to do so I would recommend it. Agree that the food in the hotels wasnt brilliant but there are loads of really good restaurants so would suggest B&B rather than half/full board. Its a big resort but easy to get around as they have wee wooden trains that go back and forth all the time.

alanatkie
27-Jul-11, 17:50
We are currently in Sunny Beach, Bulgaria.
The weather is hot 32c (89f) today.
Food is ok, coffee is bitter and strong. The People are very friendly. We are also B&B rather than self catering, Eating out is very cheap.

Fran
28-Jul-11, 01:00
[ Hope you are having a wonderful holiday.. Have been told the Majestic Hotel is a good place. Wondering if there is a long walk through the airport to the coach?

=alanatkie;873184]We are currently in Sunny Beach, Bulgaria.
The weather is hot 32c (89f) today.
Fo

od is ok, coffee is bitter and strong. The People are very friendly. We are also B&B rather than self catering, Eating out is very cheap.[/QUOTE]

alanatkie
28-Jul-11, 05:36
The walk through the airport was very short, and security was really quick (might have been because it was 3.15 am).
we are staying at Aurelia Hotel, (http://www.travelmatch.co.uk/holidays/detail/aurelia-hotel-sunny-beach.html?alltabs=1&mkwid=38asiwQG&pcrid=8693584670&plid=&gclid=CK2TxdSao6oCFdAn3wods0NOYQ#state=BQoUKFAAUKA hAA&view=description) it is small with only 20 rooms.The maids are in everyday cleaning making the beds etc.
The waitresses are very friendly and look after the bar and restaurant. The food is good.
The hotel is at the end of Sunny beach nearly into Nessebar so it is very quiet.
Last night we went up to another hotel called Grenada and watched a Magic show.