PDA

View Full Version : BT Vision or Sky

caithgal
25-Jul-11, 14:47
Anyone know which one is best/value for money?

annemarie482
25-Jul-11, 15:34
i have bt vision.
its cheap, similar to freeview with the bonus of recording, rewinding and pausing live tv.
good for films, kids programmes etc also has radio channels like sky but only has two music channels.
you also have the box office facility like sky to purchase new release films etc.

i'm delighted with it and have no inclination to change to sky, for the amount of time i spend watching tv it is perfect.

Cattach
25-Jul-11, 15:52
Anyone know which one is best/value for money?

I have Sky, family have BT vision. I would certainly not exchange my Sky for their BT vision.

Kodiak
25-Jul-11, 23:12
No doubt about it, SKY is far the Better. More Stations, More HD Stations than anyone else over 50 of them, Anytime and Anytime +, SKY Atlantic, SKY Living etc etc.

Macwull
26-Jul-11, 08:55
It all depends your needs, bt vision comes in at £12.50/m for the full package minus sports. this gives youall the freeview channels with all bt's on demand content which when i had it was great for the kids, i you arent to bothered about hd would go fr this def the cheaper option.

sky on the other hand has a great hd line up and a lot more channels. currently it starts at about £18/m but you dont get too much pemium channels for that, with sports and movies your talking about 50/m.

if you really only watch feeview then i would opt for the vision box.

I have both, not on the full packages but i would recommend vision.

ShelleyCowie
27-Jul-11, 12:09
I have Sky HD. Delighted with it, but....it costs quite alot! We cut off the movies last year because i was sick of paying for repeats or movies i already had/seen. We not have the entertainment packages and educational (discovery channel etc etc) No sports, no music, no movies, no home and health. Thats about £35 a month including the HD channels.

We were thinking of changing to BT vision soon though!

Kevin Milkins
27-Jul-11, 13:17
We have had BT Vision for a few years now and have never had a problem. Mrs M knows how to work it and thats bonus.

My brother has Sky and he said that they are also very good.

Kodiak
27-Jul-11, 13:17
My personal opinion is that if you Only want the Freeview Channels then either go for FreeSat or Buy buy a SKY HD Box off ebay, I bought a Amstrad DRX890 Box for £49, and use it as a Freeview. You will get all the Free Channels, more than FreeSat and the Free HD Channels as well. Then if you decide to at a Later date you can always go for the Subscription at SKY. Remember SKY have now frozen their Prices until September 2012.

orkneycadian
27-Jul-11, 13:45
Get Sky if you must - Saves bottlenecking the internet and causing folk to complain "The internets very slow tonight...."