PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Guys!

porshiepoo
28-Sep-06, 16:58
Thanks for all of you who helped with my recent computer probs and to those of you who suggested commands for me to give the blasted thing as it gave me the finger. :lol:
I have now sorted the whole thing and have managed to re install windows onto the computer.:)

Thanks again guys!

henry20
28-Sep-06, 17:00
Well done Porshie, after all the frustration you must be delighted :D

MGB1979
28-Sep-06, 17:58
I didn't help directly but I was rooting for you all the way. http://forum.caithness.org/images/icons/icon14.gif

j4bberw0ck
28-Sep-06, 17:58
Porshiepoo, as long as you're stuck with the recovery disk, a good way to back up / save data you don't want to lose is to get a USB hard disk - it's a lot simpler than burning cd's! Once you get a pc in the future which comes with a proper OS disk get someone to talk you through creating two or three partitions on the disk - which would appear as drives C; , D:, and so on, and then save all data in a partition other than C: .

Then if you need to reinstall at some point you can do it without losing pics, files and so on. Dead easy.

Glad you're sorted, anyway.

porshiepoo
28-Sep-06, 20:30
Porshiepoo, as long as you're stuck with the recovery disk, a good way to back up / save data you don't want to lose is to get a USB hard disk - it's a lot simpler than burning cd's! Once you get a pc in the future which comes with a proper OS disk get someone to talk you through creating two or three partitions on the disk - which would appear as drives C; , D:, and so on, and then save all data in a partition other than C: .

Then if you need to reinstall at some point you can do it without losing pics, files and so on. Dead easy.

Glad you're sorted, anyway.

Not entirely sure but I think I may have already created these two drives :eek: ,
I have local disk C and local disk D showing up in my computer?
I do vaguely remember over the last coupl of day doing somehting along the lines of partitioning but I kinda just winged it and pressed things hoping it would make the cd play. :confused
What do you think???????