PDA

View Full Version : Suspicious van noseing around

newweecroft
23-Jul-11, 20:30
A white transit van, recent shape, came driving down looking for "things to buy"

Forse, Latheron area at 18.30 today.

two men, one stocky shaved head goatee in light blue overalls, driver slim- tanned 40+ smoking thining brownish hair.

didnt catch the plate but if anything goes missing give the above info to the police as a suspicious coincidence.

also if you see them try and get the plate and add it to the tread.

DeHaviLand
23-Jul-11, 20:49
smoking thining brownish hair.

Makes a change from dope, I suppose!

Torvaig
23-Jul-11, 20:55
DHL - may be a bit facetious but I like it! :lol:

philupmaboug
25-Jul-11, 08:18
They maybe up for the big fat Gypsies wedding at the gala in Wick! or they could be parked at the Airport Industrial Estate in Wick with all the rest of the travellers.

cramock
25-Jul-11, 09:16
so newweecroft because guys in a white van were "looking for things to buy" that makes them suspicious??? and "if things go missing report them to police" well seeing as they were looking to buy things i think it is unfair to accuse them of stealing if something goes missing, i take it you have never seen a programme called american pickers where 2 guys go around in a van and buy peoples "junk" cheap and sell it on to make a profit!

seems unfair you judge them without knowing them

sybil ramkin
25-Jul-11, 10:31
so newweecroft because guys in a white van were "looking for things to buy" that makes them suspicious??? and "if things go missing report them to police" well seeing as they were looking to buy things i think it is unfair to accuse them of stealing if something goes missing, i take it you have never seen a programme called american pickers where 2 guys go around in a van and buy peoples "junk" cheap and sell it on to make a profit!

seems unfair you judge them without knowing them
american pickers is so cool!

catran
25-Jul-11, 10:44
White van, what kind? Are there travellers camped at Wick?

cramock
25-Jul-11, 10:57
american pickers is so cool!they dont half make a profit from some of the seemingly rusty old junk you gotta hand it to them

oldmarine
26-Jul-11, 17:53
Hasn't anyone located that van yet?

Walter Ego
26-Jul-11, 19:44
Pitchfork waving mob alert.......pitchfork waving mob alert......

:Razz

DeHaviLand
26-Jul-11, 20:36
Got me thinking, if the OP is suspicious about folk wanting to buy things, maybe they want to steer clear of Tesco.

bagpuss
26-Jul-11, 20:51
Some good friends in the borders had a large caravan in their driveway- and thought that they had adequate security- ie motion sensor lights and an alarm. They woke up one morning to realise something was awry- their caravan had literally been lifted by crane and taken away. The police advised them to claim on their insurance and reckoned that the travellers from a visiting funfair had made off with it.

Did the Transit occupants specify what exactly they were looking to buy? Antiques? scrap metal?

equusdriving
26-Jul-11, 23:15
Warning: Do Not Buy Any Pond Fish From These People
I bought some very small pond fish from them, the next day my newly landscaped garden was completely wrecked, there was gas bottles, pallets, burnt out cars, small half clothed children and dogs running around I eventually caught up with them and they said what did you expect they were Diddy Koi's (diddicoys) boom boom :lol:

Gronnuck
26-Jul-11, 23:21
Domestic oil thieves have an MO that involves cold calling in rural areas. If they get no response from the house they have a go at the oil tank. Its quite easy to conceal a gennie, a pump and a tank in the back of a transit size van.
Its in our own interests to be aware of strangers and their vehicles just in case.