PDA

View Full Version : medical help

funky-dunky
23-Jul-11, 20:29
Hi anyone know if you can take 2 paracetomol along with one ibucalm (ibuprofen)

just that doctor put me on strong cocodomols and i have ran out so mum went to chemist and thats what they gave her for me but they never said take them together or seperate, but i have to take ibucalm 2 tablets every four hours, the same as my paracetomol, so i dont know what am meant to do

gerry4
23-Jul-11, 20:31
best thing you can do is call nhs direct

Torvaig
23-Jul-11, 20:34
Gerry4 is correct; nhs for professional advice before the pseudo doctors start posting....

bagpuss
23-Jul-11, 20:37
check with NHS- but keep in mind that the two painkillers do different things. Ibuprofen tneds to be used for muscle related conditions- one option might be, to take paracetamol orally and apply ibuleve etc to affected area as a gel

Kodiak
23-Jul-11, 21:03
I agree you should phone NHS 24Hr. It is possible to Take Paracetamol & Ibuprofen together but I also believe that they should be combined and not taken separately. There is Nuromol that you can buy from a Chemist and that is a combination of Paracetamol & Ibuprofen together.

http://i.imgur.com/vLg4p.jpg

Kodiak
23-Jul-11, 21:07
Oooops I lost connection and posted twice, now removed.

Hen Broon
23-Jul-11, 21:13
I'm pretty sure you can take both, I have when i have had migraines etc, if you read the boxes or leaflets inside ibuprophin it says do not take with asprin etc but no metion of paracetamol, so you should be safe enough.

NickInTheNorth
23-Jul-11, 21:18
you can take both, either at the same time, or separately. If this is still to do with the toothache then you are being very foolish and risking your life. Get it sorted. If it's not your toothache then my apologies.

DIH
23-Jul-11, 21:23
Hi you can take two paracetamol up to 4 times a day and two ibuprofen (400mg) 3 times a day. Best to take them at different times during the day so one starts working as the other is wearing off. Also best to have something to eat with the ibuprofen as its hard on your stomach. If you're asthmatic its best not to take ibuprofen unless you've had it before and were ok with it. Also be careful not to take other tables with paracetamol in it at the same time. Hope this helps.

Torvaig
23-Jul-11, 21:33
I hope the OP has phoned NHS or their doctor for professional advice. None of us here know his/her medical history......

Torvaig
23-Jul-11, 21:34
I give up!

cramock
23-Jul-11, 21:40
I've taken 2 of each together plenty of times over the years for toothache and migraines and has done me no harm but if your worried about doing so seek more professional advice, milk and food with the ibuprofen is advised tho as it is hard on stomache, i maybe just have a strong system but has never caused me any harm in the past

if on any other medication as well as these pain killers or have allergies to certain medication most certainly seek professional advice

funky-dunky
23-Jul-11, 22:13
hi all thanks for the comments i have called nhs 24/7 i have to wait up to three hours for them to phone me back, yes it is for my toothache i have been to the dentist and now waiting to go to hospital to get te tooth out, thanks everyone for there replys

Koi
23-Jul-11, 22:22
hi all thanks for the comments i have called nhs 24/7 i have to wait up to three hours for them to phone me back, yes it is for my toothache i have been to the dentist and now waiting to go to hospital to get te tooth out, thanks everyone for there replys

How come the dentist couldn't do it? Why the hospital?:confused Seems weird to me.

cramock
23-Jul-11, 22:37
How come the dentist couldn't do it? Why the hospital?:confused Seems weird to me.

if its an emergency appointment you could be put to the hospital to get it done i have had to go there once before in the past because the thurso riverside dentist wouldn't take me on because i apparently missed an appointment with them years before which i cant remember but they insisted i couldn't register with them because of this, completely ridiculous so i ended up paying erridge? (probably spelled his name wrong) in wick over 470 pound to get my teeth done, they lost out there could of been money in their pockets

Dadie
23-Jul-11, 22:54
Yes you can take paracetamol and ibrobrufen together...just dont go over the max dose for either!
You can give small children calpol (paracetamol) and calpofen/kids nurofen (ibrobrufen) at the same time and you dont have to stagger the doses either!
I have done the adult one..and it took a couple of phonecalls to NHS direct with kids hitting the magic 40 deg to find out about the paracetamol/ibrobrufen thing!
I always thought you had to stagger the doses ....

funky-dunky
24-Jul-11, 14:05

Hi i have to go to the hospital to get my teeth out because of atleast ten reasons, but yeah they can either put u to hospital to get put to sleep and get all bad teeth out or they can put u to hospital to get sedated to get the tooth out.

oldmarine
24-Jul-11, 16:20
Looks like you received some good advise for your question. Sounds reasonable to me.

Mrs Bucket
24-Jul-11, 22:00
if its an emergency appointment you could be put to the hospital to get it done i have had to go there once before in the past because the thurso riverside dentist wouldn't take me on because i apparently missed an appointment with them years before which i cant remember but they insisted i couldn't register with them because of this, completely ridiculous so i ended up paying erridge? (probably spelled his name wrong) in wick over 470 pound to get my teeth done, they lost out there could of been money in their pockets Excuse me Im sure you mean Mr Erridge.