PDA

View Full Version : Eggheads

fender
28-Sep-06, 07:57
What a delight it was last night watching 5 posties from the Western Isles 'gub' the 5 eggheads to win £37K. Well done lads.

Mister Squiggle
28-Sep-06, 09:52
Too right, Fender! Maybe it's a sign that I need to get out more, but I was actually CHEERING when I watched this last night. The best bit of telly I've seen in ages! Good on 'em, I say.

henry20
28-Sep-06, 09:54
I missed it last night - too busy cooking dinner :( but they must've been delighted and what a terrific amount of money to win!

brokencross
28-Sep-06, 12:40
When they won, I think the presenter said it was the first time the Eggheads had been beaten.............well back in the summer I watched a team of students from Leeds win £19000 so methinks last nights was a repeat, but that does not detract from their achievement. Aren't the Eggheads a motley crew though?

mooncat
28-Sep-06, 12:42
Yes can you imagine being trapped in a lift with them.... and no loaded gun...!!!

scorrie
28-Sep-06, 21:59
When they won, I think the presenter said it was the first time the Eggheads had been beaten.............well back in the summer I watched a team of students from Leeds win £19000 so methinks last nights was a repeat, but that does not detract from their achievement. Aren't the Eggheads a motley crew though?

The recent episodes have been repeats. Even I was getting them all correct!!

tip top
28-Sep-06, 22:10
Wish i'd known they were going to loose, I would have liked to see that lothesome bunch of condescending know alls eating a bit of humble pie. I cant bear the lot of them, especially the one who looks like the agony aunt from This Morning.

crashbandicoot1979
28-Sep-06, 22:12
Wish i'd known they were going to loose, I would have liked to see that lothesome bunch of condescending know alls eating a bit of humble pie. I cant bear the lot of them, especially the one who looks like the agony aunt from This Morning.

The two wifies annoy me the most - I love it when they get beat :lol: