PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Org Chapter Meeting

canuck
28-Sep-06, 04:49
Knowing that several Caithness Orgers would be rushing to their computers first thing in the morning to check on the big bash in Toronto we figured that we had to get something up quickly. It was decided that as the designated driver I should also be the designated poster. So I fought my way home through a driving rainstorm to get this message to you. Those I left behind were on their way to their digs to finish off their latest case of Molson Ice.

I can report that neither of the Caithness visitors are suffering too badly in the Canadian climate. We wear coats and wrap in blankets. They seem content to wander around in short sleeves. Sleep deprivation may soon become a problem, but there is just so much to do and see. It will get worse if rich has his way and takes them on a tour of downtown.

Our fearless president was unable to make the meeting tonight so we figure that he is good for a round of drinks if the tour materializes in the next few days.

Alice in Blunderland, big brother had one message and that was a warning to leave his house intact.

It has been quite a few days for me, having met three orgers and one former orger face to face for the first time. Thank you all for including me in your trips to Toronto.

Once mobility returns to the rest of the partiers I am sure that they will add tidbits of their account. The craic was great so there is much to tell.

Malcolmdog
28-Sep-06, 05:05
Many thanks to canuck and the others at the dinner tonight in Windy O'Neils in Woodbridge, Toronto!

All the folks looking after us were there including weeboyagee and the family charged with looking after the two travellers from your side of the pond (my lot!). Rich wasn't there but don't worry - we will get him later to stand his hand for the promised round of drinks!

The singer playing during the meal was great and managed to sing any of the songs that we requested of him!

Going to have a few relaxing beers with the rest of the gang and heading into Toronto tomorrow for another blow out in the shops!

See you guys later........

weeboyagee
28-Sep-06, 05:12
What a night - rain, thunder and lightning, good company and as the sign said on the wall outside - ol agus ceol agus caint agus craic! (drink, music, conversation and craic!)

Good pub grub with music thrown in (makes a change!).

Everyone is being so kind and I believe rich will be just as kind when we meet up with him at some point!

Anyway - malcolmdog is off uncapping a nice cold bottle of Molson Canadian Ice, Dan is having no 24 of 20 bottles of Candian Ex and me - well I am having a glass of water with ice, slice and straw - and if you believe that you believe anything!

Good evening to you on this side, good morning to you on that side and good bye from this side!

WBG :cool: