PDA

View Full Version : Dogs

Doreen
20-Jul-11, 14:18
There seems to be an awful lot of dogs constantly barking round our area it is so frustrating can dog owners not consider the neighbourhood and how annoying it is hearing it somtimes i can hardly hear my telly at night because of constant barking and late at night do they not think about people thats got to get up for work .[evil]

RIR
20-Jul-11, 14:41
If you close your windows, the dogs will not hear Coronation Street, Eastenders and Emmerdale, and, therefore, have no reason to bark.

:D

Seriously though, are the dogs in question kept outside? If so, they are "talking" to each other.

And do they have commas, sorry, collars, on? ;)

Ian.

Doreen
20-Jul-11, 14:59
If you close your windows, the dogs will not hear Coronation Street, Eastenders and Emmerdale, and, therefore, have no reason to bark.

:D

Seriously though, are the dogs in question kept outside? If so, they are "talking" to each other.

And do they have commas, sorry, collars, on? ;)

Ian.Ha Ha your so funny well i dont watch corrie or emmerdale and why should i have to close my windows even when windows are closed you can still hear them so its no my telly making them bark maybe its you sneaking about.

RIR
20-Jul-11, 15:21
Touchy eh? Oh dear.

This is a comma. It makes things easier to read. ","

It was a joke. Note the smileys. :D

Anyway, back to the subject.

Are they kept outside?

And it's not me sneaking about, dogs don't bark at me. :D I can control my dog. Or almost any other dog.

I'll bow out of this now; I hope that you can find someone to help you (to speak to your neighbours that own the dogs).

Ian.

111heather
20-Jul-11, 15:31
where is it you stay

starfish
20-Jul-11, 15:39
what is it on here people are just out to pull people up on there spelling and the use of comma and full stops capital letters some people just use this sight for a enjoyable banter not to be mark as if it was a english exam as you can see i used none and had some spelling mastakes but i do not care as i say this should be used a light hearted banter if these people do not like how people write read a book instead

RIR
20-Jul-11, 15:42
Because if you want it read, make it readable.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-14130854

Ian.

Doreen
20-Jul-11, 15:54
what is it on here people are just out to pull people up on there spelling and the use of comma and full stops capital letters some people just use this sight for a enjoyable banter not to be mark as if it was a english exam as you can see i used none and had some spelling mastakes but i do not care as i say this should be used a light hearted banter if these people do not like how people write read a book insteadThanks your dead right Rir still managed to read it but had to get what he thought was funny to critizise me for my writing there is a few on here that just want to be down right rude their no worth it were not all perfect.

RIR
20-Jul-11, 15:57
I rest my case. :roll:

However, still trying to help, are the offending dogs kept outside?

Ian.

Doreen
20-Jul-11, 16:06
I rest my case. :roll:

However, still trying to help, are the offending dogs kept outside?

Ian.Is that an apology if it is i might tell you.

RIR
20-Jul-11, 16:08
Go on then.

I apologise. :)

Ian.

Doreen
20-Jul-11, 16:13
Go on then.

I apologise. :)

Ian.Thank you no i dont think there kept outside but surley the people that own the should take them in or use a muzzle on them the barking goes on for ages and becomes quiete tyring when trying to sleep.

RIR
20-Jul-11, 16:32
OK. A muzzle will not prevent a dog from barking, it'll make it/them worse.

Dogs do not sweat (apart from their foot pads). The only way that they can cool themselves is to inhale cool air through the nose and exhale warm air through the mouth. That's why they pant. A muzzle will restrict that function.

Dogs bark for a reason. Talking, pain, warning their owners to a threat. Some, mainly small terriers, just bark for the sake of it (it seems).

And yes, the owners should take them in. Could you not just have a polite word with them?

:)

Ian.

Eilanboy
20-Jul-11, 16:33
Thank you no i dont think there kept outside but surley the people that own the should take them in or use a muzzle on them the barking goes on for ages and becomes quiete tyring when trying to sleep.

Have you tried calling the police to have a word with the owners

Doreen
20-Jul-11, 16:52
Have you tried calling the police to have a word with the ownersDont think the police is an option but im getting really tired of it now but surely the owners know its wrong to let thier dog out late in the evening and let it bark one morning it was after two it went on for well after three there is a few dogs roud here that barks and yes i know before im told thats what dogs do but im afraid when you have got work next day and kept awake with a dog barking its not good i know its not the dogs fault its the owners.

RIR
20-Jul-11, 16:54
Have you tried calling the police to have a word with the owners

And the law transgressed would be?

"That you let your dogs bark". You are not obliged to say anything, but anything.......

Extreme borderline Breach of the Peace perhaps......

Ian.

dragonfly
20-Jul-11, 16:55
Doreen whose dogs are you referring to?

RIR
20-Jul-11, 16:55
Is it one dog, or several?

Ian.

Dont think the police is an option but im getting really tired of it now but surely the owners know its wrong to let thier dog out late in the evening and let it bark one morning it was after two it went on for well after three there is a few dogs roud here that barks and yes i know before im told thats what dogs do but im afraid when you have got work next day and kept awake with a dog barking its not good i know its not the dogs fault its the owners.

Doreen
20-Jul-11, 16:59
Doreen whose dogs are you referring to?There is quite a few an no not yours julie so we are not going down that road i know you dont let yours bark but there is a few around that it is constant.

lindsaymcc
20-Jul-11, 17:02
The thing with barking dogs is you dont always know where its coming from unless you can see it.

Jake barks once or twice, and we pull him in, and he is never out after 9pm.

there is one dog I notice barking a lot, but it doesnt disturb us during the evening.

Doreen
20-Jul-11, 17:05
No Julie its not yours im reffering to.

dragonfly
20-Jul-11, 17:07
phew! I know mine bark but very occassionally when someone is approaching the back gate/alley which I am all in favour of after being broken into previously. I can honestly say I don't hear dogs barking constantly

RIR
20-Jul-11, 17:12

Hi Doreen!

Ian.

Doreen
20-Jul-11, 17:19
No Julie its not yours im reffering to.

Doreen
20-Jul-11, 17:22
http://rirwebdesign.co.uk/hutch/mypictures/index48.html

Hi Doreen!

Ian.Aw he looks cute but i woul no like my backside behind him lol

Doreen
20-Jul-11, 17:24
phew! I know mine bark but very occassionally when someone is approaching the back gate/alley which I am all in favour of after being broken into previously. I can honestly say I don't hear dogs barking constantlyIknow you dont let yours bark but im shocked you dont hear the ones that do Aggh its annoying.

dragonfly
20-Jul-11, 17:28
unless its coming from further up the road so nearer you than me?

cherokee
20-Jul-11, 17:33
I can only imagine how annoying that must be Doreen - some dog owners are just plain inconsiderate !! [evil]

I'm lucky, in that we live in a very quiet area; there are a few dogs barking during the day, but nothing that is disturbing us.

Can you get one of those whistles, the one which can only be heard by dogs, not people, and blow it as loud as you can when the barking gets overwhelming?

This might just "shock" them into keeping quiet, albeit for even a wee while. Mind you, not knowing enough about these type of whistles, you may have every dog in your neighborhood sitting on your front door-step, expectantly, after you blow the whistle !! :roll:

Sorry, Doreen, I'm not trying to make light of your situation, but I genuinely think that maybe you could look into said whistle - just an idea ?

cherokee
20-Jul-11, 17:39
Just another wee thought, Doreen....

If you can pin-point which dogs are causing the most noise, then you could inform the dog warden and they could possibly have a word with the owners.

"Mop-Top" on here, I'm sure, will be able to give you good advice also.

Hope you get some peace soon, lassie !

Doreen
20-Jul-11, 17:57
The thing with barking dogs is you dont always know where its coming from unless you can see it.

Jake barks once or twice, and we pull him in, and he is never out after 9pm.

there is one dog I notice barking a lot, but it doesnt disturb us during the evening.That is the point im trying to make dogs that bark constantly surely their owners know to take them in and find it quite distressing if it keeps me and others awake have the owners got no thought that people need their rest if they have work in the morning.

Gronnuck
20-Jul-11, 17:58
In law, a barking dog can be a noise nuisance. The owner can be taken to court if he does nothing to stop the nuisance. You might want to look here (http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Environment/Pollution/Noise-Nuisance/16871/8369)
I used the Environment Health Department when I was living in the Central Belt. The dog owner learned quickly to bring their dog in in the evening.

cherokee
20-Jul-11, 18:00
In law, a barking dog can be a noise nuisance. The owner can be taken to court if he does nothing to stop the nuisance. You might want to look here (http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Environment/Pollution/Noise-Nuisance/16871/8369)
I used the Environment Health Department when I was living in the Central Belt. The dog owner learned quickly to bring their dog in in the evening.

Thats a very good point Gronnuck !

Doreen
20-Jul-11, 18:04
I used the Environment Health Department when I was living in the Central Belt. The dog owner learned quickly to bring their dog in in the evening.Thanks for that but its so frustrating when it goes on and on.

111heather
20-Jul-11, 18:13
where about in wick give us a street name near to where you think it is comeing from

dragonfly
20-Jul-11, 18:18
its in Thurso, not Wick Heather

Koi
20-Jul-11, 20:42
Thanks for that but its so frustrating when it goes on and on.

I don't mean to seem nasty but surely instead of complaining about it on here, why don't you speak to the owners and invest in ear plugs for the time being untill its sorted out?

I'm sure that if you speak to the owners then something will be done. Warn them that they will be reported if they let it carry on. Doing this will be more constructive than complaining about it on here. ;)

Doreen
20-Jul-11, 21:02
koi iwork in the care sector and i do voulentry work for my community and do you not think i should have such a complaint to make they are the owners of these dogs i am ao call and it is overnight to help people that may be in need of help and no its not that im complaining as such but goodness me if you have a dog show some respect for your neighbors and there is a lot more than me thats got jobs and need sleep and with being such a close community thats why i put it on here and no i dont want togo to the police thats the last resort but i dont need you to say im a complainer id get out of my bed at any hour if someone needs me but dogs keeping me awake is no fun .:(