PDA

View Full Version : James Ross " Chasing The Sun"

Torvaig
20-Jul-11, 10:22
Am listening to James Ross's cd "Chasing the Sun" - wonderful!

As Susan Wilson (Northings) quotes on the sleeve "Chasing the Sun is a seven-movement suite combining music and image to depict a journey along Scotland's north coast. It was originally co-commissioned by the Blas Festival and Celtic Connections. Shifting fluently through tempos, time signatures and moods, adding and subtracting layers of instrumentation, colour and texture.. the music's alternating passages of tranquility and turbulence, sadness and exultation vividly conjured such splendours as a winter storm and a summer sunset; the quickening of spring or the majesty of the Northern Lights."

All the music was composed and arranged by James, a very talented young man. I first heard him play in D.R. Simpson's in his home town of Wick one new year and he was obviously going places.

It is a magic cd; 45 minutes of sheer beauty of sound which will leave you wanting more.... well done James and thank you for your wonderful music and a big thank you to his family who have encouraged and supported James all the way making it possible for us to enjoy his talent.

I thoroughly recommend this cd to all who appreciate good and very listenable music.

www.jamesrossmusic.co.uk (http://www.jamesrossmusic.co.uk)

stumpy
21-Jul-11, 08:18
Absolutely,Torvaig,it's one of the best instrumental albums I've heard for a while.James does so much work with and for other people,teaching and playing,that it's good to see him record in his own right and hopefully this cd will do well for him.

Torvaig
21-Jul-11, 09:35
A big thank you to you stumpy for introducing it to us in the first place! :)

tootler
16-Aug-11, 11:55
James Ross is a genius - I LOVE his music! :)

Torvaig
16-Aug-11, 14:46
Yes, genius is a good description..... :lol: just been listening to it again...and again...and again....