PDA

View Full Version : TESCO up to 15p off per Ltr for Fuel

Kodiak
19-Jul-11, 18:09
Tesco have special offers in their Store where if you buy certain items, IE PG Tips T-Bags, they will give you a Coupon for 5p off per Ltr of Fuel for each item you buy.

You can now use up to three (3) coupns at a time when you fill up with fuel. So this means you can get up to 15p off per Ltr of Fuel.

I bought some coffee, t-bags and other things I required and I received 5 coupons. I filled up with Diesel used 3 of the coupons and with the 15p off per Ltr I only Paid £1.23 a Ltr for my Diesel. Much better than the £1.44 at Dunnets, Thurso.

poppett
19-Jul-11, 18:25
I had three coupons last week when I was in Inverness and they were happy to take them all together. The chap infront of me had his own car, his wife`s and two daughters all filled up at different pumps and he paid for it all together with three vouchers and reckoned he had saved about thirty pounds on the deal.

Corrie 3
19-Jul-11, 19:12
As much as I love Tesco I think they are up to their old tricks here and ripping us off up in the far North. The price of oil has dropped in the last few months and they could easily afford to cut the fuel by 15p a litre but as usual they make us go into the store and buy certain products before we can get this 15p off in the hope that while we are in there we will buy other stuff as well (that we probably don't need).
I do find it strange though that Dunnets have changed from Esso to Gulf and the price has gone up!!!!!!
Lets face it, because of our location we are always going to get ripped off, its enough to make you want to go and live in London...ok... only joking!!!

C3......:roll::(;)

Kodiak
19-Jul-11, 19:47
As much as I love Tesco I think they are up to their old tricks here and ripping us off up in the far North. The price of oil has dropped in the last few months and they could easily afford to cut the fuel by 15p a litre but as usual they make us go into the store and buy certain products before we can get this 15p off in the hope that while we are in there we will buy other stuff as well (that we probably don't need).
I do find it strange though that Dunnets have changed from Esso to Gulf and the price has gone up!!!!!!
Lets face it, because of our location we are always going to get ripped off, its enough to make you want to go and live in London...ok... only joking!!!

C3......:roll::(;)

I think you will find that TESCO is not ripping us off for fuel. In Edinburgh, and that is not exactly the Far North, the prce for Diesel ranges from £1.34.9 to £1.48.9 per Ltr. So when the Price at Teaso Wick is £1.38.9 Per Ltr before any discout due to coupons they are on Par with any retailer in Scotland. If you take in the Price when the Coupons are applied, well I think that £1.23.9 Per Ltr is a lot cheaper than anywhere in Scotland.

If you think TESCO is ripping you then go to Dunnets and pay £1.44.9 for a LTR of Diesel.

sandyr1
20-Jul-11, 03:21
Just thought I would 'Poke' this in....Have been travelling to and from the cottage and here is my Petrol Bill.......

$68.00......55 litres of Premium.....approx $1.26 per L.....

Taxes on fuel is approx 25%.......

Mpg....35 ..... 3.8 litre lite turbo/ large car///////take note Ducati!

So is it your taxes that are so much more??

roadbowler
20-Jul-11, 10:42
I have always been under the impression that "supermarket fuel" is a lower grade fuel so, therefore do not use it no matter how cheap in price it is perceived to be. Sounds like your getting a sweet deal there sandyr1. I believe fuel duty is .59p a litre plus 20percent VAT on top of that here now. Making 60percent roughly of the cost of fuel - Tax!:eek:

ducati
20-Jul-11, 11:17
Just thought I would 'Poke' this in....Have been travelling to and from the cottage and here is my Petrol Bill.......

$68.00......55 litres of Premium.....approx $1.26 per L.....

Taxes on fuel is approx 25%.......

Mpg....35 ..... 3.8 litre lite turbo/ large car///////take note Ducati!

So is it your taxes that are so much more??

My brother in law drives a Chevy Suburban and laughs at the cost of fuel. What power is your car Sandy? A european 4ltre turbo would typically be 400 BHP

kgs
20-Jul-11, 11:52
I have always been under the impression that "supermarket fuel" is a lower grade fuel so, therefore do not use it no matter how cheap in price it is perceived to be.

I agree. We checked and our car gets about 30 or 40 miles less per tank if we use supermarket fuel!!

Even Chance
20-Jul-11, 12:04
I agree. We checked and our car gets about 30 or 40 miles less per tank if we use supermarket fuel!!

I also agree. Dunnets for me always. To hell with the price, its pays to look after the engine!

Kodiak
20-Jul-11, 12:17
The fuel you buy from TESCO is exactly the same as any other fuel as it all comes from the same place, Grangemouth.

I am getting 62.5 Miles per Gallon and I use nothing but TESCO Diesel and my engine runs perfect. Go to Dunnets and pay 21p a Ltr more, that is your decision. Me I would rather pay less and save 21p a Ltr.

Even Chance
20-Jul-11, 12:45
Argue your point if you will.
Yes, it DOES come from the same place, but different companies specify different additives (if at all). We have been here many times before. Do some more research.
I will continue supporting my local fuel suppliers and being kinder to my engine thank you very much.

sandyr1
20-Jul-11, 14:05
My brother in law drives a Chevy Suburban and laughs at the cost of fuel. What power is your car Sandy? A european 4ltre turbo would typically be 400 BHP

About 300 hp. Nothing special.....Same size as the 5 Series BMW., but of course not the same quality, altho' I have 218,000 km on it. 2nd set of tires and 2nd set of brakes...Am afraid it is getting a bit tires, but runs well. Original everything, including spark plus and wires! Plugs never out.
Was $30,000 new.....
Now a Chevy Suburban....Yes, she be hard on petrol.
Where is your B i L?

Geo
20-Jul-11, 15:28

How often have you compared? it? 30 0r 40 miles less could be down to a change in driving style, driving on faster roads etc. Drove to Perth last Tuesday and got 54mpg using Tesco diesel. Was pleased with that. I do use a dash of Millers diesel additive though. Will have to compare without it. The argument over the quality of supermarket fuel has gone on for years. You'd think if it was so much worse everyone that uses it would see a difference.

ducati
20-Jul-11, 15:49
About 300 hp. Nothing special.....Same size as the 5 Series BMW., but of course not the same quality, altho' I have 218,000 km on it. 2nd set of tires and 2nd set of brakes...Am afraid it is getting a bit tires, but runs well. Original everything, including spark plus and wires! Plugs never out.
Was $30,000 new.....
Now a Chevy Suburban....Yes, she be hard on petrol.
Where is your B i L?

Springfield Mass. Top gear got an M5 down to about 6MPH I seem to remember :lol: It is a V10!

poppett
20-Jul-11, 16:44
Wee word of caution the team in Tescos have changed the items in the promotion now on Coffee and Catfood.

Kodiak
20-Jul-11, 16:50
Argue your point if you will.
Yes, it DOES come from the same place, but different companies specify different additives (if at all). We have been here many times before. Do some more research.
I will continue supporting my local fuel suppliers and being kinder to my engine thank you very much.

As I said, "It is your decision", If you want to waste your money then fine.

If you want to believe the Urban Myth that TESCO gets a Special Refinement Process with different additives to damage Vehicles, then go ahead and believe.

I am not bothered one way or another, I will continue to go to TESCO and buy my Fuel at a far better price.

lindsaymcc
20-Jul-11, 17:14
We did Dumbarton - Thurso up the Fort William road on less than half a tank yesterday - cheap fuel wins! Not bad for my gas guzzling 1.9 diesel auto Zafira!

sids
20-Jul-11, 19:07
Tesco petrol is great! I'm sure I get another 5mph on my top speed down the Long Shore Road with a full tank of Tesco petrol.

sandyr1
21-Jul-11, 00:48
Springfield Mass. Top gear got an M5 down to about 6MPH I seem to remember :lol: It is a V10!

Petrol in the US is cheaper than in Canada....If you drive a car really hard it's amazing...I had a prototype of the Mazda RX8 with the Wankel 1.3 litre engine given to me for 'Evaluation". The Mazda Exec who is a friend said.. 'Drive it'. So I did and after 2 days he called and asked what I thought....well it was OK BUT I told him it wasn't what I had expected. He asked how fast I was revving it and I said approx 5/6000rpm......He said take it up to 9500rpm. Really.......
Wow what a different car...Except.....the fuel mileage was terrible. I had it at 15mpg....1.3L engine..... So I suppose that economy is in our driving.
Wicked little car tho'.

Tatbabe
21-Jul-11, 18:50
I think you don't necessarily save ... considering how much you spend on the items you (have to) buy.
They had an offer to buy a certain toilet paper to get a voucher - if I didn't buy the toilet paper and filled up at the regular fuel price I'd only pay slightly more than the what the toilet paper would have cost me ...

Kodiak
21-Jul-11, 19:38
I think you don't necessarily save ... considering how much you spend on the items you (have to) buy.
They had an offer to buy a certain toilet paper to get a voucher - if I didn't buy the toilet paper and filled up at the regular fuel price I'd only pay slightly more than the what the toilet paper would have cost me ...

Toilet Paper is something that will keep and even if you do not need it at that particular time, it is still worth buying as you will need it sometime and it will save you having to buy some later. So looking at the long run you would have saved money if you had of bought them.

Tatbabe
21-Jul-11, 19:53
I only buy recycled toilet paper and not the expensive one; in general I don't buy products I usually wouldn't buy just to get the voucher ...
that's me

Kodiak
21-Jul-11, 20:05
I only buy recycled toilet paper and not the expensive one; in general I don't buy products I usually wouldn't buy just to get the voucher ...
that's me

I think you will find that Recycled Toilet Paper is more expensive than the one they had on offer. The price was £4.79 for 12 rolls and it was not an expensive brand as it was TESCO Soft Toilet Paper.

But good for you buying Recycled Paper, me I can not afford it.

Tatbabe
21-Jul-11, 20:10
I think you will find that Recycled Toilet Paper is more expensive than the one they had on offer. The price was £4.79 for 12 rolls and it was not an expensive brand as it was TESCO Soft Toilet Paper.

But good for you buying Recycled Paper, me I can not afford it.

not if you buy it at Lidl <smile>

sandyr1
21-Jul-11, 20:23
Gosh you guys are well heeled....'Twas a Dockan for me!

ducati
22-Jul-11, 00:36
Gosh you guys are well heeled....'Twas a Dockan for me!

We bought the cushiony velvet one. But it was so nice we wallpapered the lounge with it. That's not as mad as it sounds, it's really handy if you don't want to miss part of your television show. :eek: