PDA

View Full Version : Challenge for council appointee

Nwicker60
18-Jul-11, 17:36
New manager will aim to maximise council's property

HIGHLAND COUNCIL has appointed a corporate property asset manager to spearhead its plans for maximising the benefits of its property portfolio.
He is Graham Bull, a property manager with the Council’s Housing and Property Service, who is a Chartered Surveyor with degrees in both Architecture and Building Surveying. He has worked for the Council since 2005, having previously worked in private practice.
One of the asset management team's early challenges will be to identify options for reducing the number of properties the council operates in Inverness and Dingwall.
He said: 'I am delighted to have accepted the position of Corporate Property Asset Manager for The Highland Council. I am really looking forward to working with our Members, together with colleagues within my own Service and across the Council, to bring about the positive changes within our property portfolio that will support the Council to deliver improved services and outcomes for our customers and communities.
Mr Bull continued: “The Asset Management Team has a wide remit that will include developing our existing, as well as forming new, relationships with other organisations across the Highlands that will explore opportunities for improving how our properties can better contribute to improving our services.”
Steve Barron, Director of Housing and Property Services, said: “The post is a very important one for the Council as the delivery of our Asset Management objectives underpin many aspects of our Corporate Improvement Programme.”
-