PDA

View Full Version : Hackers/spammers?

bekisman
17-Jul-11, 21:43
Is anyone else getting senseless emails (I've had three) from other orgers (Mine: 'Yo Bekisman', then meaningless words and a link that goes nowhere?) the ones I am getting are from a fellow Orger, but from an email that he does not use to me - unfortunately he's away, so can't confirm if he uses this email address on the org.. so put the email through Spamcop - did not action it - but came up; Network where email originates; @tct.ir (telecommunications in Iran).. any ideas?

Bobinovich
17-Jul-11, 22:46
Could be as a result of the recent Org hack at a guess...

Fran
17-Jul-11, 23:59
ive been hacked several times in the last 2 weeks and my account blocked. what a job to get it back again!!

shazzap
18-Jul-11, 00:00
Is anyone else getting senseless emails (I've had three) from other orgers (Mine: 'Yo Bekisman', then meaningless words and a link that goes nowhere?) the ones I am getting are from a fellow Orger, but from an email that he does not use to me - unfortunately he's away, so can't confirm if he uses this email address on the org.. so put the email through Spamcop - did not action it - but came up; Network where email originates; @tct.ir (telecommunications in Iran).. any ideas?

What is spam block??

dx100uk
18-Jul-11, 00:04
this wil mean they have sadly been compromised by a trojan and their address book has been harvested
they will need to run combofix or malwarebytes in safe mode with networking [not by wireless]

dx

dx

bekisman
18-Jul-11, 07:37
this wil mean they have sadly been compromised by a trojan and their address book has been harvested
they will need to run combofix or malwarebytes in safe mode with networking [not by wireless]

dx

dxI did not have the email address (from the another Orger) in my Address Book.. have done what you suggested earlier. As Bob mentions above, all our emails were harvested during the recent Org Hacking

bekisman
18-Jul-11, 07:39
What is spam block??
It was Spamcop; http://www.spamcop.net/

weezer 316
18-Jul-11, 13:13
Pay no attention to where it says an email is from. I could send you an email from yourself no problem at all. Dont need your password to do it.

shazzap
18-Jul-11, 14:22
It was Spamcop; http://www.spamcop.net/

Thank you.