PDA

View Full Version : Caithness Strongest Man

cullbucket
27-Sep-06, 01:06
I see the strongest man competition is on at the weekend, events include: Lorry pull - Car lift - Squat - Tyre Flip - Shoulder Press - Farmers Walk - but what are the events that they should have included?

How about the "Stirk Lift" or the "Whin Run" I reckon they would be more interesting or maybe some involving drink....
Wish I could be there to see it.....

Naefearjustbeer
27-Sep-06, 01:26
Now if it were a naked whin run or nettle dash that really would show the toughest man in caithness ouch ouch ouch :eek:

hereboy
27-Sep-06, 09:25
I think there should be an event called "stiffening" - It probably looks like wandering about the field a bit dazed with drink with your shirt off roaring at folk with the 1000 yard stare before having a square go. Should really be held indoors on Mad Friday.

The trophies should be inscribed by the Pentland Sports Emporium as follows:

1st - "whoor of a man for one man"
2nd - "if you were twice the man the think you are, you would only be half the man I am"
3rd - "you think you're the kiddie"

What about Caithness's strongest woman? What kind of events would that competition have?

connieb19
27-Sep-06, 09:33
What about Caithness's strongest woman? What kind of events would that competition have?
How about, "Who you luckin at, chavvy?"
Then se how many drinks you can tip on someone before gettin a floggin?

connieb19
27-Sep-06, 09:43
How about seeing who can make the fastest rollies while pushing a pram?

Naefearjustbeer
27-Sep-06, 10:19
Pentland Sports Emporium, How long ago did that place shut down? I can remember buying a badminton raquet from the place about 20 years ago. Not sure how long after that it remained open!

MGB1979
27-Sep-06, 13:19
Bouncer Baiting - It's like badger baiting but you have to hit as many pub bouncers with a spade before you end up in the hospital/jail.

TSB endurance challenge - contestants have to prop up the TSB bank in Wick, last man standing (on one leg, obviously) is the victor.

great thread, 5 stars

scotsboy
27-Sep-06, 14:56
Pentland Sports Emporium, How long ago did that place shut down? I can remember buying a badminton raquet from the place about 20 years ago. Not sure how long after that it remained open!

It had the greatest cinema advertisement ever.