PDA

View Full Version : computer scam

argyle kid
16-Jul-11, 11:03
Hi all,

I posted this on the general forum as most people watch it.
Our Asian technical help friends are trying it on again. A friendly chap told me that I was having problems with my computer and he was very willing to sort things out.
I told him where to go!!
That evening they tried again this time my wife answered the phone and politely told them where to go and what to do.
This tech help SCAM has done the rounds up here before so this is really a reminder to all orgers out there inform those you know whom might be vulnerable, to hang up on them.

Bazeye
16-Jul-11, 11:13
Or, if youve got nothing else better to do, have some fun with them.

shazzap
16-Jul-11, 11:18
I keep an empty wipes pack, just for this type of call. I keep getting an International number calling. I answer, but crinkle the empty packet down the line. They soon hang up.

ANNIE
16-Jul-11, 18:04
iv had a few calls from them just hang up now lol
they even been in touch with people who dont have a computer lol

ks
16-Jul-11, 19:26
I managed to keep them on for 18 minutes before they hung up in a wild rage!!!

linnie612
16-Jul-11, 20:52
Although this is not exactly a scam, (insomuch I don't think its illegal), we had been getting quite a few calls about whether we had taken out a loan in the last few years, and did we know we could be entitled to compensation blah blah. One day I had a call from a very enthusiastic gentleman who was, sadly, a stranger to the English language. The little devil in me came out and I bombarded him with questions, but without referring to my circumstances. This got him even more excited, and he would pass me on to someone who could help. I let him crack at it and next on the line came a very pleasant gentleman, with vastly better English. When I informed him I was perfectly happy with my financial position, he bade me farewell with barely concealed temper..

Fly
16-Jul-11, 23:19
I had one some time ago then another one the other day. Kept him talking as long as I could then blew the dog whistle down the line.