PDA

View Full Version : Family affairs?

nightowl
26-Sep-06, 22:04
So, a wee girl has fallen out with her mum and gone to stay with her dad and sister in Pakistan. She does not appear to have been kidnapped or taken against her will - in fact she looks quite happy to be there. This, to me, seems to be a private family matter, to be sorted out through the courts if needs be, by the family involved. Does it really warrant all the television coverage, with daily updates on national news? Surely this can't be the first time this has happened.

the original ducky
26-Sep-06, 22:06
yeah i know how u feel whats the big deal as long as she happy. hope it all works out for the best for her and her family. hope it gets sorted out soon.

newpark
27-Sep-06, 08:33
Totally agree, shame they can't put so much time, effort and press into the kids that have been truly abducted and are sad and miserable. The girl wants to be with her Dad in Lahore let her she is old enough to know what she wants.

loo-b-loo
27-Sep-06, 18:08
Totally agree, shame they can't put so much time, effort and press into the kids that have been truly abducted and are sad and miserable. The girl wants to be with her Dad in Lahore let her she is old enough to know what she wants.

Also would like to say that yet again it puts "Dad's" in the frame as he "kidnapped" his own daugther apparently.... Molly looked more than happy to go and does not want to return to the UK.

Shame that yet again fathers are painted in a bad light, more bad press for them.

orkneylass
27-Sep-06, 18:10
I think the press were guilty of both dad bashing and racism. The mum did not stand up to scrutiny very well......

unicorn
27-Sep-06, 18:11
She looks very happy where she is and I agree that she is old enough to know where she is happy.

loo-b-loo
27-Sep-06, 18:13
I wish they would just leave them alone to get on with it and not splash it in all the papers and TV.
As said before this is a private family matter.

percy toboggan
27-Sep-06, 18:55
Anyone who would voluntarily swap a life in the outer Hebrdes for Pakistan must either have been brain washed, be totally devoted her father and siblings, exalt Islam beyond all, or, be one bag short of a full load.

I suspect it's a family thing.

This does not deserve much media attention. Unlike the outer Hebrides.

obiron
27-Sep-06, 19:30
She looks very happy where she is and I agree that she is old enough to know where she is happy.

your right there unicorn. she looked so happy in her pics to be back wi her dad. if thats what she wants.

Alice in Blunderland
27-Sep-06, 20:40
Anyone who would voluntarily swap a life in the outer Hebrdes for Pakistan must either have been brain washed, be totally devoted her father and siblings, exalt Islam beyond all, or, be one bag short of a full load.

I suspect it's a family thing.

This does not deserve much media attention. Unlike the outer Hebrides.
I take it you have been there and seen how this girl is living.Life in Pakistan can be tough, it can also be very privelidged for those who can afford it.It is a family matter and she has a large family in Pakistan as well as in Scotland not an easy one this but wherever she remains so long as she is happy and healthy then that is all that matters surely.

percy toboggan
27-Sep-06, 20:56
I take it you have been there and seen how this girl is living.Life in Pakistan can be tough, it can also be very privelidged for those who can afford it......

Alice,no, I have not been there and have no desire to go within one thousand miles of the place. 'Privileged' in Pakistan to me would be comparable with the most hum-drum existence in this often grey and damp little corner of the world.