PDA

View Full Version : cbt

bilbobaggins
15-Jul-11, 04:36
Hi has any one got the number for the cbt motorbike test in wick and the price to do it thanks

Bill Fernie
15-Jul-11, 08:43
Your post is not very clear I think. CBT to me stands for Computer Based Training but perhaps can stand for other things. If you mean the driving theory test centre then you can book it online at www.bookyourtheorytestonline.co.uk/ (http://www.bookyourtheorytestonline.co.uk/)

In this area the driving test centre is mobile using a converted bus type vehicle that you see sometiimes parked at the harbour or assembly rooms. I doubt if you can contact it direct.

If you are not looking for the driving theory test centre perhaps you can expand on you enquiry and maybe someone can help.

Computer based training is available through North Highland College and some times with PPP in Wick and you can sit testing in competency.

Can you speciify exactly what you are looking for?

robglysen
15-Jul-11, 10:10
Hiya,
I think he's talking about compulsory basic training, which allows you to ride a 125cc motorbike for 2 years, during which time you'll need to book the theory test and then the practical test.
(but once you've done CBT, book your theory online ASAP)
David Bremners number for your CBT is 01955651317, but only phone around ten in the evening, and of course be polite, hes a great guy with years and years of experience and knowledge.

When you do your CBT wear good boots and gloves and be prepared to get soaked if it rains.
Mind its not a test, its an all day course and is around £100.

dragonfly
15-Jul-11, 10:11
Think it may be for the motorbike test in which case its David Bremner on 01955 651317, not sure of what cost is now but it was £110 2 years ago when my son completed his

EDDIE
16-Jul-11, 06:53
Hiya,
I think he's talking about compulsory basic training, which allows you to ride a 125cc motorbike for 2 years, during which time you'll need to book the theory test and then the practical test.
(but once you've done CBT, book your theory online ASAP)
David Bremners number for your CBT is 01955651317, but only phone around ten in the evening, and of course be polite, hes a great guy with years and years of experience and knowledge..

When you do your CBT wear good boots and gloves and be prepared to get soaked if it rains.
Mind its not a test, its an all day course and is around £100.

Its not a test but if he doesnt meet the standard you wont get the certificate you might be asked to do another days training?
Proper motorbike gloves and jacket is the min safety gear you should wear on a bike but usually you should get supplyied with that if requested because motorbike clothes is expensive if your starting out.
But it is worthwhile to take along waterproof trousers if it rains your trousers will get drenched and it will ruin ure whole day and your instructor should supply u with a proper motorbike jacket that will be waterproofed?
But if its £120 for a days training it is cheap when you get a use of bike use there fuel you cant even hire a bike for one day at that price?

Walter Ego
16-Jul-11, 09:43
Its not a test but if he doesnt meet the standard you wont get the certificate you might be asked to do another days training?
Proper motorbike gloves and jacket is the min safety gear you should wear on a bike but usually you should get supplyied with that if requested because motorbike clothes is expensive if your starting out.
But it is worthwhile to take along waterproof trousers if it rains your trousers will get drenched and it will ruin ure whole day and your instructor should supply u with a proper motorbike jacket that will be waterproofed?
But if its £120 for a days training it is cheap when you get a use of bike use there fuel you cant even hire a bike for one day at that price?

Eddie, it's not normally down to the course provider to supply helmets or jackets. If Mr Bremner does have a few spare bits of kit he loans out then fair enough, but candidates are normally expected to turn up with their own helmet and 'suitable' clothing (not necessarily motorbike gear).

EDDIE
16-Jul-11, 11:55
Eddie, it's not normally down to the course provider to supply helmets or jackets. If Mr Bremner does have a few spare bits of kit he loans out then fair enough, but candidates are normally expected to turn up with their own helmet and 'suitable' clothing (not necessarily motorbike gear).

Well when i did my cbt and licence i had all that supplied but i did buy my own helmet because its a job getting a helmet that fits comfortably all the instructers in aberdeen supply all that kind of kit.
Going out on a bike without proper gloves and jacket as min requirement is silly and it is in the instructer interest to supply or offer it as extra hire just incase one of his students comes of the bike while learning the hire of protective clothing should be built into the price?
Its a bit pointless an instructor teaching a student on there cbt about the right and wrongs of wearing protective clothing while riding a bike and then allowing them to go out on a bike without protective clothing under there supervision thats why a lot of good bike schools supply that kit in with the price fee.

And if i was bilbobaggins i would hurry up and book it when the weather is still nice?

robglysen
18-Jul-11, 17:02
On a side note, the highlands have the highest driving test pass rates in the UK, I imagine the same would apply for two wheels.

northener
19-Jul-11, 09:28
On a side note, the highlands have the highest driving test pass rates in the UK, I imagine the same would apply for two wheels.

I'm nitpicking, but that's not a true statement.

There's plenty of individual DTC's with higher pass rates than up here. The 'Highland' figures are misleading - you need to break it down to DTC level to get anything meaningful out of the figures.

One of the best breakdowns is here: http://www2.dft.gov.uk/dsa/Documents/FOI/operational_statistics/practical_test/car_pass_rate_by_centre_by_month_by_gender.pdf

(http://www2.dft.gov.uk/dsa/Documents/FOI/operational_statistics/practical_test/car_pass_rate_by_centre_by_month_by_gender.pdf)For example, Thurso has a pass rate of 54%, Wick 47% and Ullapool 47% all of which are soundly beaten by other DTC's.

And remember that Thurso and Ullapool don't have any roundabouts......;)

Bike figures here:

http://www2.dft.gov.uk/dsa/Documents/FOI/operational_statistics/practical_test/mod2_pass_rate_by_month_by_test_centre_by_gender.p df

(http://www2.dft.gov.uk/dsa/Documents/FOI/operational_statistics/practical_test/mod2_pass_rate_by_month_by_test_centre_by_gender.p df)And Wick is one of the lowest ones.....

But I would say that the overall pass rates are meaningless - especially on the bike test in an area where only a relatively small amount of tests take place....it only takes a short run of fails to skew the figures somewhat.

To put it simply: If you perform to the set standard on the day - you'll pass. Ignore pass rates at DTC's.

robglysen
19-Jul-11, 16:30
Nitpicking? on the org, Nevah!!

Seriously though, cheers for the info, i've got my bike test very soon too. /fingers crossed.