PDA

View Full Version : Bridgend Building Supplies

dozy
26-Sep-06, 18:23
Whats going on at Bridgend supplies ??????????

changilass
26-Sep-06, 18:26
Might be able to answer if you had given your reasons for asking:confused

Royster1911
26-Sep-06, 18:51
Doors locked last Friday due to unpaid debts to taxman or so I have been informed.

hobbes1962
26-Sep-06, 20:21
It might help if you bought a P & J as it was all in there

buggyracer
26-Sep-06, 20:56
why do people on here constantly feel the need to discuss peoples livlehoods and businesses? its not our god given rights to do so, and half ot it amounts to hearsay and speculation, as much as i like this forum, the gossiping on it sometimes drives me mad!

By the way i have no connection to BBS, just feel its sad the way some folk on here find it acceptable to gossip so much!

Rant over, :)

changilass
26-Sep-06, 21:06
I don't see this post as simple idle gossip. Someone was asking why it was closed and someone else replied giving the reasons that weree printed in the paper.

I havn't been into Thurso for a while, but was planning a trip tomorrow, one of the places I would probably have gone to is Bridgend. Having read the post I now know not to.

This is a community board, so things that happen in the community are posted on it.

No one has mentioned any names or figures, or, from what I can see anything that couldn't be seen in the P&J. As I don't buy the paper, I would like to thank the vairous poosters for keeping me up to date.

Thats My rant over:D

buggyracer
26-Sep-06, 21:31
I don't see this post as simple idle gossip. Someone was asking why it was closed and someone else replied giving the reasons that weree printed in the paper.

I havn't been into Thurso for a while, but was planning a trip tomorrow, one of the places I would probably have gone to is Bridgend. Having read the post I now know not to.

This is a community board, so things that happen in the community are posted on it.

No one has mentioned any names or figures, or, from what I can see anything that couldn't be seen in the P&J. As I don't buy the paper, I would like to thank the vairous poosters for keeping me up to date.

Thats My rant over:D

Changilass you can put your slant on it i have mine, keep up the gossip, oh sorry i meant good work lol :)

caithnessboyagee
26-Sep-06, 21:43
Isn't that the same person that had Munro brothers in wick didn't they go bust ?

changilass
26-Sep-06, 21:47
Buggyracer, can I just ask you how you would feel if you took time out of your busy schedule to go to a shop only to find it was no longer open, for whatever reason, when a simple post on here could have saved you the time.

I shop(ed) in Bridgend on a regular basis, that is I would go through twice a month with a big list of things to buy. The information on this thread now means that instead of going to thurso I will now be going to wick tomorrow, with no waste of fuel.

I think you have a cheek in calling me a gossip just for being happy to have saved myself a trip.

buggyracer
26-Sep-06, 22:01
Buggyracer, can I just ask you how you would feel if you took time out of your busy schedule to go to a shop only to find it was no longer open, for whatever reason, when a simple post on here could have saved you the time.

I shop(ed) in Bridgend on a regular basis, that is I would go through twice a month with a big list of things to buy. The information on this thread now means that instead of going to thurso I will now be going to wick tomorrow, with no waste of fuel.

I think you have a cheek in calling me a gossip just for being happy to have saved myself a trip.

if the cap fits ware it? who said i was aiming it at you?

i have just noticed on more than a few occasions when a business in the county does something wrong or closes the community website feels it is there duty to discuss it? I would hate to read something on here about me as i am sure you would do, if the origional post was genuine and not just fishing, then i appologise, i just hate it when people feel they have a right to discuss others livelehoods just because they ran a business in the county, could the origional poster not enquired about it in a more discreet manner? i.e not on here?

webmannie
27-Sep-06, 00:23
if the cap fits ware it? who said i was aiming it at you?

i have just noticed on more than a few occasions when a business in the county does something wrong or closes the community website feels it is there duty to discuss it? I would hate to read something on here about me as i am sure you would do, if the origional post was genuine and not just fishing, then i appologise, i just hate it when people feel they have a right to discuss others livelehoods just because they ran a business in the county, could the origional poster not enquired about it in a more discreet manner? i.e not on here?

And why is it wrong not to?

That is what a community is all about, i'd far rather hear about it on here than be oblivious and lose money over it. Or are you an advocate of 'hear no evil', 'speak no evil'. You doth protest too much methinks!

And I have a big cap for my big heeed!

Loafer
27-Sep-06, 07:17
why do people on here constantly feel the need to discuss peoples livlehoods and businesses? its not our god given rights to do so, and half ot it amounts to hearsay and speculation, as much as i like this forum, the gossiping on it sometimes drives me mad!

By the way i have no connection to BBS, just feel its sad the way some folk on here find it acceptable to gossip so much!

Rant over, :)

This is Caithness we are in here by the way. If you have indigestion at 10'oclock in the morning, you have had a heart attack and died by noon!!

The Loafer

henry20
27-Sep-06, 09:07
I see no problem discussing local 'current affairs' as long as its not an incident such as a car crash or similar where the outcome is unknown.

There will always be speculation about things regardless of whether it is on the forum or not. In fact, the forum might clarify the matter rather than let the 'idle gossip' grow too many arms & legs.

There does not appear to be any info on here that wasn't published in the P&J or courier.

However, my heart goes out to people who have friends/family involved in car crashes etc. It must be terrible if the first place they hear it is here. In situations like this, people should think carefully before posting - imagine you heard about an accident, posted it on here, then found out it was someone close to you.

These threads can get quite critical of situations without knowing the full facts and it must be very hurtful for family/friends to see it - especially if there was a fatality. :~(

webmannie
27-Sep-06, 10:01
I see no problem discussing local 'current affairs' as long as its not an incident such as a car crash or similar where the outcome is unknown.:~(

It is useful to hear that 'x road has been closed due to an accident, etc,etc'

However 'Common sense' needs to be exercised. If i remember rightly, recently there were postings about makes and colours of cars involved. If the information is accurate and has been 'checked' then this is no different than what would be published in a paper. Speculating that it was so and so's car is wrong (how do you know it is?)

Countryman
27-Sep-06, 10:02
This is a community web site that discusses and raise issues that people have concerns about. At least members can disagree with what is put on a Thread and have their views aired within minutes or hours, not like the newspapers where it can take over a week to get a letter published if they publish it.

We as the community should be looking to find out when trouble is around the corner and help if we can, Buggyracer if you had your way we would not discuss any relevant community issues - censorship - I belive in the freedom of free speech.

Carry on Caithness let people have their say on any community issue don't change the rules.

Jeid
27-Sep-06, 10:12
I don't thinkBuggyracer is going to that sort of extremes. I think what he means is, if you don't know facts, why make a point of posting? Perhaps I'm misreading though.

To certain degrees I agree. Threads about car crashes and the like should be approached with a degree of caution.

The thread starter in this instance hasn't really gained much more info than was printed in the newspaper. It's public knowledge now.

bigpete
27-Sep-06, 12:23
Sorry to read that BBS has gone (?), but does anyone have any idea who does MACGAS propane bottles, as can't find any other supplier, so far. Thanks

bigpete
27-Sep-06, 14:43
Thanks for private message - Thurso Building Supplies (by the railway station) now does Macgas as well - "due to special circumstances"..

thanks

Piglet
27-Sep-06, 14:47
No probs Big Pete

Happy to help. :D

Jeid
27-Sep-06, 15:14
I think Thurso building supplies will have a lot of "special circumstances" ahead.

changilass
27-Sep-06, 15:22
Talk about cashing in on others missfortune. My brother has his own bussiness and a calor rep has just been round touting for business. Didn't take long for the vultures to come out to play.[disgust]

Piglet
27-Sep-06, 15:24
Talk about cashing in on others missfortune. My brother has his own bussiness and a calor rep has just been round touting for business. Didn't take long for the vultures to come out to play.[disgust]

Well thats business - dare say its nothing personal just supply & demand as they say.
Life moves on.