PDA

View Full Version : Thought provoking link!

grantyg
26-Sep-06, 17:01
Sorry if this is a repost!
What would the earth be like with 100 people!

http://www.miniature-earth.com/

Makes you think - it would be just my luck I was stuck with muppets of colleagues!

Billy Boy
26-Sep-06, 17:23
its very thought provoking lol

elaine
27-Sep-06, 19:25
Just sat through that little clip.....

Food for thought!

MadPict
27-Sep-06, 20:54
Only 3 have internet?

My, the Org would be dead.....

caithnessboyagee
27-Sep-06, 22:08
We just don't know how lucky we are.

Piglet
27-Sep-06, 22:53
We definetly don't. We are looking forward to an Asda when there is plenty out there that wouldn't have the money to shop.:roll:

Jeid
27-Sep-06, 23:28
That's outstanding. I dunno what else to say. Wow!

_Ju_
28-Sep-06, 00:52
Thank you very much for sharing that with us.

When you put things to that scale, they seem so much larger, so why don't we all think of what we could do as "just" one person to help make things better for "just" one of those others that cannot read, are ill, have no house, water, sanitation, medicationor even something to eat?

Mister Squiggle
28-Sep-06, 09:58
This is a great little snapshot of the world. I have seen this done in a school lesson on percentages, where you get the kids to graph or visualise the percentages, move around into different groups to show how many people have homes, how many have food etc. A lot of older children find this fascinating and it prompts lots of interesting discussions around who gets what in this often crazy world.
There was a teacher I met once who demonstrated this lesson to us at uni, based on a packet of chocolate biscuits. I think my group was Africa and we got a few crumbs to bicker over. Amazing.