PDA

View Full Version : Seal Culling

golach
12-Jul-11, 23:03
I have just read that the annual Namibian Seal Cull has begun. I thought this was a purely Canadian past time[disgust]

http://www.namibian.com.na/news/full-story/archive/2011/july/article/seal-cull-starts-late/

gleeber
12-Jul-11, 23:11
I have to admit I never get too worked up about something like this. Maybe i'll grow out of it but I suspect it's too late now. 91000 seals. It must be worth a few bob. And then there's all the fish they wid have eaten. Its a dog eat dog world. :confused

Aaldtimer
13-Jul-11, 03:30
91,000 sounds a bit over the top, but what's the overall population?
It's not so much the cull, but the method!
The fact that they won't allow observers suggests that it will be less than humane![disgust]

GLENELG
13-Jul-11, 13:51
Its high time they had a Scottish seal cull ,there more and more of them.

NickInTheNorth
13-Jul-11, 13:58
Its high time they had a Scottish seal cull ,there more and more of them.

oh no, you can't do that, they're all cute and fluffy and have big cute eyes :roll: :lol:

seadog
13-Jul-11, 16:18
oh no, you can't do that, they're all cute and fluffy and have big cute eyes :roll: :lol:

Aye, the killer whales seem to like them too;)

golach
13-Jul-11, 16:23
Aye, the killer whales seem to like them too;)

Thats natures way Seadog, Orca's do not use big wooden clubs, then skin them

Mystical Potato Head
13-Jul-11, 17:08

No,they just toss them around for ages,batter them with their tails sending the seals flying through the air,shacking them repeatedly in their jaws causing the seal a very slow,and i would image,excrutiatingly painful death.They sometimes dont even bother to eat the seals,just "play" with them
Probably Much slower than the big wooden club death,but hey,thats natures way.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/881976/killer_whale_owning_a_seal/

NickInTheNorth
13-Jul-11, 17:12

They would if they had opposable thumbs :D

GLENELG
13-Jul-11, 18:14
Aye, the killer whales seem to like them too;)They love them, could do with more of them.