PDA

View Full Version : Poor dog...how cruel.

Fran
11-Jul-11, 14:30
How cruel to tie a dog to the entrance door rail at the hospital where the dog was in the road of ambulances and his paws could have been run over. His chain was so short he couldn't sit or lie down and he was shaking with fear. I moved him to the grass area where he was safe and was told by a paramedic that he had been there for hours. I gave him my cheese roll and he was starving. Such a beautiful friendly dog. I was so upset. I was informed that he had been dumped and often is. He is now in a safe place where he will get fed and a lot of cuddles. Such a lovely natured dog.How can anyone be so cruel.

funky-dunky
11-Jul-11, 15:12
that is so horrible, what kind and colour of dog was this

cherokee
11-Jul-11, 16:03
Well done Fran for having consideration for a defenceless animal.

It's utterly disgusting how some individuals treat their animals, glad to know the wee guy is now safe, well fed and cared for.

sids
11-Jul-11, 18:01
Where is he now?

celtic lass
11-Jul-11, 19:25
well done fran,the so called owner ought to be charged ,after all if it was a kid, there would be some hugh and cry

golach
11-Jul-11, 19:30
Well done Fran

Leanne
11-Jul-11, 20:24
Poor dog - he was such a friendly soul. He was taken to the police station for the dog warden to collect as he had been tied up for at least 3, possible 4 hours. The dog warden informed me that when she went to collect the dog he had already been claimed by his owner. Let's hope it was a happy reunion.

Fran - empty your inbox tried to PM you. It was nice to meet you today :)

Walter Ego
11-Jul-11, 21:05
Perhaps the next time this idiot leaves their dog out like this, maybe the dog ought to be 'unofficially' picked up?

sids
11-Jul-11, 21:54
Let's not confuse our species. It's not like tieing a person by the neck, to a railing.

Would the dog have been any happier left at home while the owner visited hospital?

Leanne
11-Jul-11, 22:02
Let's not confuse our species. It's not like tieing a person by the neck, to a railing.

Would the dog have been any happier left at home while the owner visited hospital?

Why mention people - a very weird comment. And yes, the dog probably would have been happier left at home. It would have had less chance of being run over and would have been less scared. Poor dog was really traumatised :(

sids
11-Jul-11, 22:36
I expect it was used to being tied up outside places and wasn't really all that worried.

Could you tell it was traumatised by the look on its face?

Leanne
11-Jul-11, 22:37
Could you tell it was traumatised by the look on its face?

By the fact it was shaking and howling

sids
11-Jul-11, 22:46
Why mention people - a very weird comment. :(

after all if it was a kid, there would be some hugh and cry

Do you get it?

sids
11-Jul-11, 22:47
He is now in a safe place where he will get fed and a lot of cuddles.

I often wondered what the cops do in there. Now I know.

sids
11-Jul-11, 22:48
By the fact it was shaking and howling

My dog does that when he smells cheese.

Do you by any chance smell of cheese? That might have set him off.

Fran
11-Jul-11, 23:55
Maybe its your dog?

sids
12-Jul-11, 00:02
My dog is one you'd be well advised to leave alone.

To remove him is theft.

Torvaig
12-Jul-11, 02:20
Leanne has already told us that the dog has been reunited with it's owner.....

Aaldtimer
12-Jul-11, 03:40

Fran posted..." His chain was so short he couldn't sit or lie down and he was shaking with fear."

What part of that did you not understand?

Sounds like your dog would benefit from a new guardian![disgust]

sids
12-Jul-11, 06:44
Fran posted..." His chain was so short he couldn't sit or lie down and he was shaking with fear."

What part of that did you not understand?

Sounds like your dog would benefit from a new guardian![disgust]

Frankly, I think there is exaggeration of the dog's plight, to make a story or Org rant and to attract morally comforting replies from fellow animal lovers.

What am I doing wrong to my old dog? He's sitting beside me but he can't read my cynical posts.
If you want to know his own point of view, he'd definitely always be in favour of getting a cheese piece, but would rather avoid death row in the police station thankyou very much.

Walter Ego
12-Jul-11, 07:00
Frankly, I think there is exaggeration of the dog's plight, to make a story or Org rant and to attract morally comforting replies from fellow animal lovers.

What am I doing wrong to my old dog? He's sitting beside me but he can't read my cynical posts.
If you want to know his own point of view, he'd definitely always be in favour of getting a cheese piece, but would rather avoid death row in the police station thankyou very much.

What about if you offered him Stilton? My dog hates it.

sids
12-Jul-11, 07:43
What about if you offered him Stilton? My dog hates it.

He'll happily eat Stilton.

And much worser things too. Won't touch raw meat though.

porshiepoo
12-Jul-11, 08:47
How cruel to tie a dog to the entrance door rail at the hospital where the dog was in the road of ambulances and his paws could have been run over. His chain was so short he couldn't sit or lie down and he was shaking with fear. I moved him to the grass area where he was safe and was told by a paramedic that he had been there for hours. I gave him my cheese roll and he was starving. Such a beautiful friendly dog. I was so upset. I was informed that he had been dumped and often is. He is now in a safe place where he will get fed and a lot of cuddles. Such a lovely natured dog.How can anyone be so cruel.

Well done you for taking care of the poor animal. xx

Perhaps this owner has issues that maybe prevents them from understanding the consequences of their actions? (I'm trying to put it politely there)
Tying him up so tight was obviously wrong and would have caused anxiety to the dog especially being tied so close to the road. I assume the owner may have thought that tying him tighter would help prevent him getting access to the road or that tying him up over the other side may have caused an accident if he got loose? Whatever the thought behind it it was stupid and caused unnecessary anxiety to the animal.
Who on earth takes a dog to a hospital appointment anyway? Bizarre!
On the upside the owner cared enough to claim the dog back. Let's just hope that having to claim him back will prevent the owner from being so irresponsible in the future. Doubt it though!

sids_ I can honestly say IMO the dog would most definitely have been better off at home. Even if a dog gets anxious left alone at home it would have been safer for him to have been there rather than tied to a hospital railing.

Fran
12-Jul-11, 11:46
I can assure you there is no exaggeration of the dogs plight at all. We certainly did not want to attract comforting replies, what for, the dog was safe and well.Many nurses, paramedics, and visitors were concerned. He was tied in a dangerous situation, and unable to sit or lie down for hours. I had hoped the owner w
ould have read the original message.If I had my way the owner would have been charged with neglect and criuelty.

Sids, I am puzzled as to why you have made 9 comments about a dog you have no interest in at all, and wonder if you really do have a dog yourself!!

sids
12-Jul-11, 12:04
I'm puzzled as to why you think I have no interest in a dog I'm taking time to compose 10 important comments about.

Anyway- put up a shaggy dog tale in the General Forum and this sort of thing can happen.

binnes
12-Jul-11, 12:32
Sids, I dont think it is right in the way you appear to be 'attacking' these people. They have merely tried to do the best they can for this animal and should therefore be thanked.

Duncansby
12-Jul-11, 13:33
This forum would be pretty dire if we all agreed with each other. It is perfectly acceptable to question what we are told and I think most people would do that. It is unfair to be making accusations and generating the county to righteous indignity when we are only hearing one side of a story.

tori
12-Jul-11, 14:55
sids just trying to get his rep up ;)

oldmarine
12-Jul-11, 15:39
My dog is one you'd be well advised to leave alone.

To remove him is theft.
Loved your comment. Readers should take heed. I commend those who love animals enough to show symphathy. In particular when they are pets.

donnick
12-Jul-11, 17:27
Lets not judge too much as it was tied outside a hospital and we don't know the circumstances of what was going on with the owner.Some people are too quick to judge these situation,i am sure we ALL have made mistakes .

summer
12-Jul-11, 18:48

Wick police station doesn't have a death row surely?

Robinwood
24-Aug-11, 07:10
I often see dogs tied up in this manner near our area... When i asked them regarding this.. you know what answer would they give to me.... I earned it with my own cash and i got all rights on it so you just f--k of from here ! :(