PDA

View Full Version : annoying cravings

funky-dunky
10-Jul-11, 21:25
Why do we get cravings, there so annoying, i always have bad cravings for juice and love hearts, got it when there is no shop open etc, so annoying :(

starfish
10-Jul-11, 21:31
mine craving when pregnant with my first was candy floss hard to get in november the second was condensed milk with hard liquorish and the third was the smell of tarmac walked miles to fine a man digging a hole in the road . they must had thought i was a nutter escape from the mad house lol

funky-dunky
10-Jul-11, 21:58
mine craving when pregnant with my first was candy floss hard to get in november the second was condensed milk with hard liquorish and the third was the smell of tarmac walked miles to fine a man digging a hole in the road . they must had thought i was a nutter escape from the mad house lol

i remember with my twins i had craving of hard sticky rock, then when i bought some and finished it could find some anywhere, even ordered it of internet for 10pounds all in but still wasnt right for me lol, my youngest it was at first oranges then i moved too sugar on toast but at the end it was hot currys etc, but cravings now and i aint even pregnant lol

Tilly Teckel
10-Jul-11, 23:53
It's said that it's your body's way of telling you you're lacking in something - possibly sugar?! I had a thing for ice lollies whilst pregnant and I was much warmer at that time (I'm normally a cold person - physically, not emotionally by the way!). Our body knows when it needs something and tries to alter our behaviour to make sure it gets it, apparently.

I also read once that people's habits sometimes stem from physical deficiencies. For example, if you bite your nails you could be lacking in calcium. I always sit with my legs crossed under me (bent at the knees) and apparently this is common in people who have low blood pressure. It's the body's way of limiting blood flow to the lower extremities, so keeping blood pressure a little higher. My blood pressure is on the low side of normal, so maybe that's why I do this?!

Humans are weird, huh? ;)

Bazeye
11-Jul-11, 00:56

Nothing to worry about that, Ive always loved the smell of tar. Still do.

funky-dunky
11-Jul-11, 12:36
I had a baby nine month ago i thought maybe this s why i still have the cravings, but then i cant really blame that lol, i dont normally eat alot of rubbish food etc, so dont know why i get these cravings, it always seems to be when shop is shut too.

mumof2
11-Jul-11, 18:53
annoyingly it is sometimes a case of wanting what you can't have, as soon as someone says you can't have something you automatically want it. same as if i say i'm on a diet i am suddenly really hungry:roll: