PDA

View Full Version : postage by royal mail to ireland

spittywillow
10-Jul-11, 12:11
anyone know if it costs extra to send a parcel to ireland? i have a book to send to kilkenny...will it cost the same as if i were posting to england?

NickInTheNorth
10-Jul-11, 12:16
go to the royalmail web site, they have full details of exactly what it costs

gollach
10-Jul-11, 12:16
No, more expensive cos you are sending outside the UK.

theone
10-Jul-11, 12:17
No, Ireland is a foreign country.

Try this for price:

http://pricefinder.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/PriceFinder?pageId=pc_sltc_po_search&catId=91100756&keyname=search&_DARGS=/portal/rmgroup/apps/templates/html/po/search.jsp

spittywillow
10-Jul-11, 12:23
ah. ok well thanks. i think according to that it will be less that £3.50 ........i'll risk it. i reckoned around 340 g so hopefully am right.
thanks for replies

Kodiak
10-Jul-11, 16:51
The best way to send a Packet to Ireland is by Small Packets. So before you post it write on the packet "Small Packets" this will ensure you get it posted at the best rate.

spittywillow
10-Jul-11, 19:25
it's a book. hardback a little bigger than an a4 sheet of paper and about an inch & 1/2 deep....does that make a difference?

Kodiak
10-Jul-11, 19:50
That will go as a Small Packet. When you go to the Post Office tell the assistant that you want it sent by "Royal Mail Air Mail Small Packets" They will then advise you of the cost.

All I can say about the cost is that for an Item sent to Ireland by Royal Air Mail Small Packets was before the last price increase £3.16. As I said this was before the last price Hike so it will be a bit more now.

Dont forget to write in Clear Letters on the front "Small Packet" otherwise it will cost more.