PDA

View Full Version : can any one help

cezzy1234
09-Jul-11, 16:12
Hi was not sure where to put this so i just wonder can any one out there tell me how to get rid off a wasp nest
mum found one in her shed..and is scared the grandchildren might get hurt ....

NickInTheNorth
09-Jul-11, 16:22
http://www.highland.gov.uk/yourenvironment/animalsandpestcontrol/

Pest Control

Officers from the Section can offer advice on pests and infestations. Treatment services are provided for the following pests in domestic properties: rats, mice and household insect pests of public health significance, including wasps. A fee is made for any treatment carried out.

John Little
09-Jul-11, 16:27
Yesterday I found a wasps' nest in our roof.

I dusted it with this;
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Doff-Wasp-Nest-Killer-300g/dp/B00175HEG0

You can get it from your ironmongers. All it needs is a tiny wee bit to be carried into the nest.

All my wasps were dead within an hour.

bluechesse
09-Jul-11, 20:25
If its accessible, and you can get a cardboard box over it with out leaving any gaps to allow any of the angry little s out.....

Put the box over the nest without disturbing the nest (maybe best to wait untill all the wee waspies are all tucked up in bed). Get 1 can of expanding foam. Make a very small hole to allow the end of the nozzle in to the box. Empty the whole can in to the box and wait an hour or two. Remove box, together with nest nicely encased in hard foam.

Disclaimer: bluechesse is in no way responsible for any wasp stings received while carrying out this process. Wasps are evil, proceeding with this is entirley at your own risk!

davem
09-Jul-11, 20:41
What about the bits of the nest that are stuck to the wall? When you pull the nest away leaving a new door you'll have lots of very cross wasps.
Call the council or get a spray that works from long distance - preferably on a pole.

bluechesse
09-Jul-11, 20:50
Hmmm, you'd need to get the foam right round it...... Never said it was fool proof!:eek: