PDA

View Full Version : Thurso swimming pool

henry20
25-Sep-06, 19:11
Did anyone go past Thurso swimming pool yesterday?? I'm assuming that there was some sort of competition on.

The cars were parked wherever they pleased with little or no regard to other traffic. As we came round the corner at boating pond, we almost collided with a car coming the opposite way who had no choice but to overtake the cars and hope for the best.

This isn't the first time it has happened.

Big G
25-Sep-06, 20:07
yes there was a competition - Orkney were at it too!!

rockchick
25-Sep-06, 20:10
Yes, it was the Thurso Mini-Meet on over the weekend. Visitors from all over came to compete, from as far as Orkney and Buckie, Elgin and Inverness. There was a disco in Skinandis as well on Saturday evening, which makes it very popular among the young swimmers.

Moby
25-Sep-06, 20:28
In defence of the pool staff and the swimming club I must say that safety announcements were made several times over the weekend with regard to the parking situation asking people to move their cars from the corner of Millbank Road.

henry20
25-Sep-06, 20:34
In defence of the pool staff and the swimming club I must say that safety announcements were made several times over the weekend with regard to the parking situation asking people to move their cars from the corner of Millbank Road.

It's just a shame nobody listened :roll:

Its crazy because the majority of the time, the car park is nowhere near full, but on events like this, the carpark is overflowing and you have to weave in & out of all the cars with no knowledge of whether there is traffic coming or not! [disgust]

theone
26-Sep-06, 02:45
There used to be double yellow lines around that corner. Since the road resurfacing they haven't been replaced.

Accident waiting to happen.