PDA

View Full Version : Car body paintwork damaged by polish

Monk
25-Sep-06, 17:36
I was washing the car yesterday and as i applied the polish, it started to rain. I thought I better go inside and finish it after it stopped raining. After, I went out to use the buffer and have it sparkling but the polish wouldn't come off at all. It looks like it was raining turps!

What is the best thing to remove the polish as it will cost over £1000 to get it resprayed and I don't want that.

Please help!

Billy Boy
25-Sep-06, 17:45
try some t-cut,that should take it of,

hammers
25-Sep-06, 18:25
Same thing happened to roof of car when i was polishing it.Just re-apply a coat of your polish and it should come of no probs.

rs 2k
25-Sep-06, 18:32
i cant see that a resin polish and water would damage the paintwork of your car,that you would have to get it resprayed.
i would get the worst of it off with one of them stringy cloots that you get for applying the polish ,then rewash the car with warm water,ensure the car is totally dry with a good leather shammie then try again with the polish. you have to be careful when using t-cut or anything similar as it is slightly adbrasive to cut into the paint layer, if your car is laquered its not to bad as the laquered coat is really paint with no pigment
hope this helps!:)

Fran
25-Sep-06, 22:53
I would think a good foamy wash at the car wash would remove it, then start again.