PDA

View Full Version : Cameron's "Lewinsky" moment

NickInTheNorth
08-Jul-11, 10:24
I believe that Cameron has just committed political suicide live on TV.

Having heard a newspaper editor state live on TV unequivocally that he had passed a warning to Cameron regarding Coulson, for Cameron to deny such a warning seems to me a bit of a "Lewinsky" denial moment!

Time will tell.

oldmarine
08-Jul-11, 11:18
I believe that Cameron has just committed political suicide live on TV.

Having heard a newspaper editor state live on TV unequivocally that he had passed a warning to Cameron regarding Coulson, for Cameron to deny such a warning seems to me a bit of a "Lewinsky" denial moment!

Time will tell.

Shades of Bill Clinton. [lol]

Bazeye
08-Jul-11, 14:08
Minus the cigar, of course.

ducati
08-Jul-11, 14:09
Lol Don't hold your breath.

bagpuss
08-Jul-11, 19:55
Please remember- the Coalition are in power for 5 years- just 4 to go........

He's not agood judge of character at the best of times- but remember- the Coalition are doing a wonderful job and e should be so very grateful to have such good guys as Dave, Geordie and Nick to lead us through such hard and troubling times

Corrie 3
08-Jul-11, 20:05

He's not agood judge of character at the best of times- but remember- the Coalition are doing a wonderful job and e should be so very grateful to have such good guys as Dave, Geordie and Nick to lead us through such hard and troubling times
After all "We are all in this together" aren't we?....Best joke I have heard all year is that one!!!

C3.....[disgust][disgust]

Bazeye
08-Jul-11, 21:20

He's not agood judge of character at the best of times- but remember-

His head looks like a boiled egg.

John Little
08-Jul-11, 21:25
The journalist Caitlin Moran said he looked like C3PO made of ham.....

Bazeye
09-Jul-11, 00:06
The journalist Caitlin Moran said he looked like C3PO made of ham.....

Ha! Know youve bin away john but thats the first entry that comes up whenever I google the org.

tonkatojo
09-Jul-11, 11:55
Lol Don't hold your breath.

I think your probably giving good advice there, he's more slippery than a greased pig like most of his ilk. Just curious what are the chances of the police investigation actually coming to arrests/prosecutions ?, now my advice would be don't bother contemplating holding your breath.

ducati
09-Jul-11, 17:33
I think your probably giving good advice there, he's more slippery than a greased pig like most of his ilk. Just curious what are the chances of the police investigation actually coming to arrests/prosecutions ?, now my advice would be don't bother contemplating holding your breath.

This shouldn't end until Newscorp gets drummed out of the UK. Not only should they never be allowed to buy the balance of BSKYB, they should have their current holding confiscated. Also have a very very close look into the tax situation of this companies activities in the UK, going back a very long time.

In fact thinking about it, nationalising BSKYB is a brilliant idea. It is a monopoly, that charges too much. Ideal fodder. It could be run as the commercial arm of the BBC, something the BBC has been crying out for.

tonkatojo
09-Jul-11, 18:20
This shouldn't end until Newscorp gets drummed out of the UK. Not only should they never be allowed to buy the balance of BSKYB, they should have their current holding confiscated. Also have a very very close look into the tax situation of this companies activities in the UK, going back a very long time.

In fact thinking about it, nationalising BSKYB is a brilliant idea. It is a monopoly, that charges too much. Ideal fodder. It could be run as the commercial arm of the BBC, something the BBC has been crying out for.

This really gets me wondering, why would the Tories want to privatise something other than to cover something up ? could it be why another big ex con was appointed director big man of the BBC ?.

ducati
09-Jul-11, 20:59
This really gets me wondering, why would the Tories want to privatise something other than to cover something up ? could it be why another big ex con was appointed director big man of the BBC ?.

I have a very large supply of tinfoil I could let you have cheap.