PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried.......

poppett
07-Jul-11, 09:23
The A9er diner just on the south side of the main road through Helmsdale?

It used to be a tourist information office before it was a cafe which seems to have changed hands a few times.

Yesterday it was lovely to see it being well used with tables and chairs outside.

Just wondering if any orgers have stopped and tried it and if so some feedback please.

Hoida
07-Jul-11, 10:13
Haven't been in yet but I do know the people who have it and have heard the food is very good, Plan to be down that way in next couple of weeks and plan stopping If yo get there before me You can let me know what you think.

poppett
07-Jul-11, 10:35
Is it still the folks who have the Bay Owl restaurant who are running the A9er?

If so it will be ace.

dodo
07-Jul-11, 11:20
too close to portgower!!!!!!:eek:

sandyr1
07-Jul-11, 12:04
Excellent with Computers & WIFI.

poppett
07-Jul-11, 12:18
Now Dodo, what a bright idea you have given me.............a community cafe in Portgower new community hall.......

greener
07-Jul-11, 13:57
Get a bank loan first before you sit down , what a Rip Off

poppett
07-Jul-11, 15:11
Thanks for the reply greener, perhaps you would enlighten us what you had and how much it cost.

Walter Ego
07-Jul-11, 16:25
Thanks for the reply greener, perhaps you would enlighten us what you had and how much it cost.

I wouldn't hold your breath Poppet.

Ignore Greener, he/she will be accusing the owners of being 'Sooth Moothers' next:roll:

Here's a link to the extortionate 'rip off' prices: http://www.helmsdale.org/a9er-diner.php

(http://www.helmsdale.org/a9er-diner.php)Horrific, aren't they[lol]

sandyr1
07-Jul-11, 16:32

Ignore Greener, he/she will be accusing the owners of being 'Sooth Moothers' next:roll:

Here's a link to the extortionate 'rip off' prices: Horrific, aren't they[lol]

Good food/ good value....

speedo215
07-Jul-11, 17:29
the day the steam engines were up, i took a run down to helmsdale and tried this place, very limited choice of food and not much space inside

poppett
07-Jul-11, 17:37
Price for breakfast on a par with Tall pines at Dornoch and Laidhay croft museum.

Curious now and will try it out.

cherokee
07-Jul-11, 19:08

Here's a link to the extortionate 'rip off' prices: Horrific, aren't they[lol]

I tend to agree with you Walter and also sandyr1 - We sometimes travel down the A9 for various reasons, so shall definetely be making a stop at this wee restaurant; it always looks very smart from the outside and I'm sure will command some bonny views of Helmsdale. My Very Best Wishes and Good Luck to the Proprietors !

DeHaviLand
07-Jul-11, 19:40

Here's a link to the extortionate 'rip off' prices: http://www.helmsdale.org/a9er-diner.php

(http://www.helmsdale.org/a9er-diner.php)Horrific, aren't they[lol]

Just looked at that link, Greener may have a point. £200 for a home made cake!

Walter Ego
07-Jul-11, 20:51
Just looked at that link, Greener may have a point. £200 for a home made cake!

Good God.

Greeners got one over on me.:Razz[lol] I'm getting sloppy.:~(

Greener - I salute you!

Yup, a bit steep, I'd say £150 tops.

Hoida
08-Jul-11, 09:34
I believe the people who have this place are from Kinbrace at least thats what I was told!

dodo
08-Jul-11, 11:08
Poppett. reference post no6 feeling a bit down can i have some of what you had :(...

oldmarine
08-Jul-11, 11:15
too close to portgower!!!!!!:eek:

This new member must be afraid of portgower and its reported ghosts.

poppett
09-Jul-11, 12:07
My thoughts about Portgower running a cafe at the community hall was thinking along the lines of the reported vampires there surely a good source for some decent black pudding on the breakfast plates.