PDA

View Full Version : Wick reached it's Broadband Capacity!!!!!!!!

sharky
05-Nov-04, 15:01
Anyone else discovered this?

I ordered it last week and was given 04/11/04 as the activation date but nothing happended.
After many phone calls last night and today I was finally told that Wick has reached it's capacity and no further connections are available.
They are also unable to tell me when there will be any.

[mad]

Colin Manson
05-Nov-04, 15:20
Are you trying to order it from an ISP that uses datastream? i.e. Tiscali, Tesco, Fast24 etc..

sharky
05-Nov-04, 15:28
No,

I ordered BT Yahoo Broadband, my line is still PSTN and Broadband can't be enabled on my line due to Wick reaching it's capacity.
As I said in my previous post this is what I was told this morning after several calls to different BT departments.

I've also spoken to a friend who has heard similar stories recently about other users with the same problem.

Colin Manson
05-Nov-04, 15:51
Not looking good then.

I heard the same about Thurso a few weeks ago but it was Tesco that said it, they bulk buy a batch of connections, their limit had been reached but there was still free space on the exchange.

Cheers
Colin

webmannie
05-Nov-04, 17:39
The capacity at Thurso was recently upgraded so there should be no problem now.

Wick is waiting for hardware to upgrade capacity, there is now a backlog of installations, which will take time to clear

johndy
05-Nov-04, 18:51
I have had this problem with the Wick exchange as well, should of been activated on 12th October, still waiting! :eyes

squashed frog
06-Nov-04, 06:44
Does anybody know when and if wick will be getting the hardware to upgrade it's capacity as I ordered broadband from wanadoo about 10 days ago and i'm still waiting for the little green light flashing on my new modem to stop flashing but by the sound of things i could be waiting for a long time????

The Angel Of Death
06-Nov-04, 11:07
makes sence when i think about it had a mate who is ordering at the moment and his has been stuck for over a week now

Colin Manson
06-Nov-04, 12:43
Exchange Capacity Information
VP upgrade date: None planned
Total DSLAM's: 1
SDSL DSLAM's: 0
Next DSLAM date: None planned
Data last updated: 06 November 2004, 10:24:47

Taken from http://www.samknows.com/broadband/fulldetail.php?exch=5449

Gizmo
06-Nov-04, 12:50
Anyone else discovered this?

I ordered it last week and was given 04/11/04 as the activation date but nothing happended.
After many phone calls last night and today I was finally told that Wick has reached it's capacity and no further connections are available.
They are also unable to tell me when there will be any.

[mad]

You snooze you loose :p

I wonder if there is anywhere that you can find out just how many Broadband connections the Wick & Thurso exchanges have enabled, i'm just curious to know if the amount of connections supplied by BT equals the 500 registrations they wanted before they would enable the exchange.

webmannie
09-Nov-04, 11:06
Apparently the equipment is sitting in the exchange awaiting installation, 2-3 weeks is latest estimate. The backlog will require to be cleared before any new users are added, another 2-3 weeks.

The word is that they underestimated the number of users, hardware installed was based on the trigger.

Gizmo
09-Nov-04, 15:16
The word is that they underestimated the number of users, hardware installed was based on the trigger.

Thats good news, and it feels good to be proved wrong in this instance, 500 plus Broadband connections since July, thats awesome, if you asked me how many connections i thought there were i would have said 250 Max.......on yoursel ya durty weekers :D

squashed frog
09-Nov-04, 20:40
Nice one hopefully we'll get up and running before crimbo :eek:

webmannie
09-Nov-04, 21:33
Even better news, word is that the installation will be completed by the end of this week.

I was also wrong, the hardware that was initially installed was for lower than the trigger, BT didn't believe so many durdy weekers would want to connect!

flyfifer
13-Nov-04, 19:43
webmannie had it right. I got connected to broadband today, and its great. I was checking mail and BT sent a mail to say it would be activated today, and it was. Less than a weeks delay, still I'm glad it wasn't any longer!!!

JAWS
13-Nov-04, 19:48
"You dirty rotten swines!" - Stop Rubbing It In!

MadPict
13-Nov-04, 21:14
Hmmmmm, broadband is fab.......... :p

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/MadPict/images/flaminmad.gifMadPict
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/MadPict/images/gruff_ext.gif

JAWS
13-Nov-04, 22:17
That was a definite "low blow" MadPict! I'm devastated!

golach
13-Nov-04, 22:22
Hmmmmm, broadband is fab.......... :p

MadPict I agree, I wonder how I was able to enjoy the 'Net before it was brought into the 21st Century, I pity them who still use the steam driven internet [lol]

Golach

DM
13-Nov-04, 22:32
I think BT have been spending the whole day getting you lovely people into the 21st century, just goes to show if they supplied the right equipment in the first place maybe their debt would be less!!! :eyes

squashed frog
14-Nov-04, 13:33
WooHooo

Broadband activated yesterday
:p

JAWS
14-Nov-04, 17:53
Just you lot wait, just wait! I'm not SULKING!
I'm not,I'm not, I'm not! [mad] [mad] [mad]