PDA

View Full Version : Casey Anthony case

David Banks
06-Jul-11, 01:33
Here is one good example of where the Scottish legal option of "Not Proven," being not available, was the problem.

sandyr1
06-Jul-11, 01:54
Prove a case beyond a 'reasonable doubt'...................
Juries are renowned for this type of thing.......

Remember... 'Tis better that a 'hundred guilty men (women) go free, than one innocent (person) be hanged'.

This was tried in the media David........e.g. Nancy Grace.

George Brims
06-Jul-11, 21:03
It was becoming clear as the trial went on that because the body was found so long after death and in such bad condition, and the other forensic evidence was thin, that she was liable to be acquitted. I had hoped a desirable side effect would be Nancy Grace's head exploding, but sadly it didn't happen.

oldmarine
06-Jul-11, 21:56
Shades of the O.J. Simpson case from many years ago.

trix
06-Jul-11, 22:42
i followed 'at case. i go til ma granys for a while efter ma work an' she watches FOX news 'e whole time an' she tells me aboot'ed.

poor bairny :~(

so did she do'ed or no? surly she didna if 'e jury......ach i da ken, it wid gie ye a sore heid.

dis 'at mean that even if she admitted it now that she widna get 'e jail, cos ye ca be tried for 'e same crime twice? where as if it wis a 'not proven' outcome she could get hauled back in anytime, dependin on new new evidence?

oldmarine
08-Jul-11, 11:55
O.J. Simpson beat the murder charge, but his unlawfulness caught up with him and put him back in jail again.