05-Jul-11, 11:17
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g7-ClEw_LI
i hope you like it.

gunner
05-Jul-11, 12:00
didint know wick looked so bonny.brilliant film well done

linnie612
05-Jul-11, 12:10
Lovely film, very well made. What with the music and all, I felt quite sentimental - and I'm still here!:)

pat
05-Jul-11, 12:19
Lovely film - pal just sent me the link to it this morning.

squidge
05-Jul-11, 12:40
Goodness me Bcsman I'm sitting here sniffling. Lovely film and shows wick in a way many locals don't see because of their familiarity. I miss living in Caithness.

shazzap
05-Jul-11, 13:11
Really nice. Brought back memories.

Margaret M.
05-Jul-11, 13:59
Super video! I'm glad I'm coming home in a couple of weeks -- that made me kinda homesick.

sandyr1
05-Jul-11, 14:07
Very nice.....everything looked so clean and perfect.

mi16
05-Jul-11, 14:23
Dirty Old Town by the Pogues would be better suited to Wick

Even Chance
05-Jul-11, 14:43

Never man, yer choost jealous yer no a Weeker.:lol:
Yer way too used til e middle o nowhere!

Brill film by the way. Keep em coming.

Bazeye
05-Jul-11, 14:55
Good film mate. It doesnt look like that on streetview though.

mi16
05-Jul-11, 14:58
Never man, yer choost jealous yer no a Weeker.:lol:
Yer way too used til e middle o nowhere!

Brill film by the way. Keep em coming.

Jings Barry youre Week lingo is tough to digest
Hows things bud?

shazzap
05-Jul-11, 15:14

Compared to the link below. Wick is a paradise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEXEekmhUts

mi16
05-Jul-11, 15:21
To be fair Wick or Thurso could be made to look every bit a meek as the Hull clip.
The Wick one shot Bridge Street from a fair old distance on a bright sunny day so you couldnt see how dark, dingy and generally grotty it really is.
I didnt notice Murchie or and of the other not so desireable areas shot either, hence you dont see the boarded up houses and shops, trolleys in gardens or burnt out cars!!

trinkie
05-Jul-11, 15:29
A hundred thanks ! That was so lovely to see, and beautifully made, you did an excellent job.
Trinkie

mi16
05-Jul-11, 15:31
Apologies to the OP you did make a cracking job of the clip.

oldmarine
05-Jul-11, 15:39
Very well done. Looks very professional.

Margaret M.
05-Jul-11, 16:47
I've shared it on this side of the ocean, I hope that's OK. Kudos to you for catching the river looking so beautiful, I rarely see it looking so good. The lone seagull is a nice touch.

poppett
05-Jul-11, 19:06
Thank you for the link. A most enjoyable visit to Wick...........and not a Tesco is sight.

Kevin Milkins
05-Jul-11, 19:24
Well done and thank you for sharing.

bluebell
05-Jul-11, 23:40
Love it,seen it on FB, I like the old car & the scorrie well done bcsman...

Whitewater
06-Jul-11, 01:04
Very well done, I always enjoy my walks around Wick. Thank you for sharing some of my favourite places with others,

Phill
09-Jul-11, 12:17
Woohoo!! Methinks I'm a filum star!I does seem to be walking very fast though!?!Nice wee film, good job.

chrisupyonder
10-Jul-11, 02:13
Very nice. Well done.

Chris.

rogermellie
10-Jul-11, 02:41
Compared to the link below. Wick is a paradise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEXEekmhUts

at least the above video is an honest representation

if i was a tourist visiting Wick, my view would be a shade less rose tinted than the OP's

where's the high school litter blowing down the desolate high street? the fearless enjoying a day out at the sheriff court? the empty premises, bustling charity shops and even busier bookies? even Pulteneytown was given a wide berth for some unknown reason :confused

i don't want to detract too much from the video, but i think we should have some balance, as it is, this video should be banned under the trades description act.

Jud
10-Jul-11, 08:20
Thanks , loved it I hope you dont mind I posted it to my facebook so all my friends can also enjoy it.

The Music Monster
10-Jul-11, 08:45
I also saw this on Facebook and was very impressed - particularly with your choice of starting point ;)

Well done, you!

bcsman
10-Jul-11, 11:01
thanks for your honest opinion rogermellie
you are right about showing balance,
the next video im going to make will be shot in the glebe and high ormlie,i want to capture the fearless enjoying their day in native surroundings.

cheer min :lol:

at least the above video is an honest representation

if i was a tourist visiting Wick, my view would be a shade less rose tinted than the OP's

where's the high school litter blowing down the desolate high street? the fearless enjoying a day out at the sheriff court? the empty premises, bustling charity shops and even busier bookies? even Pulteneytown was given a wide berth for some unknown reason :confused

i don't want to detract too much from the video, but i think we should have some balance, as it is, this video should be banned under the trades description act.

rogermellie
10-Jul-11, 11:37
lol thanks for not taking offence, in all honesty it does show Wick at it's best, you did well to get such nice weather as well.

i wouldn't take any chances having a high value item like a video camera on display in the Glebe or High Ormlie, but good luck

wavy davy
10-Jul-11, 12:03
Well done - thankyou

bcsman
10-Jul-11, 14:58
no offence taken rogermellie,if a dirty weeker and a teanabowlie canna hev a bit o banter,caithness would be a dull county.
cheers again :lol:

lol thanks for not taking offence, in all honesty it does show Wick at it's best, you did well to get such nice weather as well.

i wouldn't take any chances having a high value item like a video camera on display in the Glebe or High Ormlie, but good luck

catran
10-Jul-11, 20:53
brilliant, does make one feel home sick

George Brims
11-Jul-11, 20:02
Nicely done.

cherokee
11-Jul-11, 20:11
Just glad I live close-by......if I still lived away (which I have done for a couple of years) I'd be crying my heart out to watch this !!!

Well Made and Well Done !