PDA

View Full Version : Caithness singles!

mirandarainbow
04-Jul-11, 20:19
How about a page for Caithness singles? Or is that just too tacky for the intelligentsia that frequent this site?!

annemarie482
04-Jul-11, 21:18
i dont see why not, it'd be up to yourself if you posted on it etc.
good way to meet friends.
i know i have made friends through the org, just through buying things etc!

pat
04-Jul-11, 21:23
you would get too many nosey folk, loggin on to find out what and who is doing what with whom!

I am sure you will get quite a pms from some of the single folk and you can all have a get together and have a good time all getting to know each other.

Hope you get a few answers

mi16
04-Jul-11, 21:37
you would get too many nosey folk, loggin on to find out what and who is doing what with whom!

I am sure you will get quite a pms from some of the single folk and you can all have a get together and have a good time all getting to know each other.

Hope you get a few answers

Would that be a "caithness.orgy"
boom boom tish

canadagirl
05-Jul-11, 03:27
A good idea BUT....would it really work in a place where everybody knows everything about everyone else? I met a few nice fellows when I was over there, just by being out and about but that's kind of a hit-and-miss way to do it. What is needed is the return of the village dance every couple weeks!

weezer 316
05-Jul-11, 10:10
boom boom tish

hahaha, brilliant!

bluechesse
06-Jul-11, 01:11
boom boom tish Class! [lol][lol]

pat
06-Jul-11, 07:16
Hi Miranda
Hope some of the singles in Caithness have been in touch via pm to you - then you can all plan an event to meet somewhere - outwith the low level humour of some of the folk on here, meet some interesting folk and have a laugh together.

mi16
06-Jul-11, 07:29
Jings
lighten up bud

katarina
06-Jul-11, 18:22
A good idea BUT....would it really work in a place where everybody knows everything about everyone else? I met a few nice fellows when I was over there, just by being out and about but that's kind of a hit-and-miss way to do it. What is needed is the return of the village dance every couple weeks!

Yeah, bring back the barn dances I say.

mi16
07-Jul-11, 09:52
Yeah, bring back the barn dances I say.

Regs dictiate otherwise unfortunately.

toffee_pie
07-Jul-11, 23:07
wouldnt mind a singles event lol

trying to meet anyone up here seems nigh on impossible.. :p

pat
08-Jul-11, 09:19
with a thread like this youshould all pm the initial thread starter then agree to meet up and do various activities - even a walk up the river to start or a walk round the harbour, anything to break the ice and meet other folk in the much the same situation.
There is bound to be more than one person responding to this and in the same situation of wanting to get out and about to do all sorts of things but lack the courage to join a group on your own - be brave and make the first move to start a group for folk on their own or the If Only (If only I had a pal to do ???? with group), you never know what this would open up for you all.

Bazeye
08-Jul-11, 14:14
wouldnt mind a singles event lol

trying to meet anyone up here seems nigh on impossible.. :p

Knew there was an ulterior motive for your footie kickabout. ;)

linnie612
08-Jul-11, 14:24

Well, to be fair, t_p DID more or less say they were looking to meet people.

demac-artist
08-Jul-11, 14:45
Why don't all the people who are looking to meet up with other people for friendship and possibly more meet up at Wetherspoons on Sat 30 July 8.30pm all wearing something red, a shirt, skirt, flower, ribbon, socks, tie something so you can recognise each other and meet every month on the last sat night of the month that way everyone gets to give it a go and call it the Red Rabble

Sounds like it would get the party started and enable the meeting of new people
Hows that sound? All it takes a couple of people to go and then it should become something organised.

Sorry I'm taken but would have loved something like this when I was single and looking for new friends aswell and potential something more

Bazeye
08-Jul-11, 18:00
I'd go with a red beanie hat in my pocket, before checking the talent first.

bluechesse
09-Jul-11, 20:43
Good lord! If your not single, make sure you don’t wear anything red in Spoons on the 30th July. Could lead to some embarrassment........

Corrie 3
09-Jul-11, 20:54
Are OAP's invited?

C3....:roll:;);)

ducati
09-Jul-11, 21:11
The only problem with meeting people in Caithness, is that you have to meet people in Caithness. Ha. Ha. Only joking ha, er...... ha. :eek:

toffee_pie
09-Jul-11, 22:41

hehe

well in all fairness i was not expecting many lassies to be enrolling.. in the, erm kickabout. :p

dissapointing nothing became of it.

Bazeye
10-Jul-11, 00:53
hehe

well in all fairness i was not expecting many lassies to be enrolling.. in the, erm kickabout. :p

dissapointing nothing became of it.
If you want an old man in goals(as long as I can smoke) next summer I'll be up for it.

toffee_pie
12-Jul-11, 10:10
anyone else lol

:D