PDA

View Full Version : Badly injured dog picked up on Friday

mop top
04-Jul-11, 11:12
I recieved a call on Friday afternoon to come and pick up a stray dog that was badly injured and had been found in a garden in Nicolson Street in Wick. On arrival the dog was bleeding quite heavily from various wounds to his head neck etc i suspect caused from an attack from another dog, he was immediately taken to the vets although things did not look to good for him as he was an elderly dog.

Delighted to say that he made it, thanks to the excellent care he received at the vets over the weekend. he was picked up this morning and taken to the council kennels, where he is wrapped up cosily with a kennel coat on after being hand fed his breakfast lol, he is classed as a stray as no owner has come forward to claim him or even report him missing.

He is elderly about 10 - 12 years old and black and tan coloured he is probably a real mixed breed there could be a bit of collie, terrier and even lurcher in there. Showing signs of being a really nice dog who is grateful for the tlc he is recieving his tail has started wagging when you speak to him.

If you know who may have lost this dog please get in touch with the Highland Council on 01955 607737.

mop top
05-Jul-11, 14:22
This dog was claimed today and is now back home with his family poor Jake is actually 17years old but wearing well! Hope he soon gets over his ordeal.

Torvaig
05-Jul-11, 15:42
Well done for taking care of him; let's hope he can forget his ordeal, poor soul....

Theerah0166
05-Jul-11, 17:10
Delighted that his owners have been found. I would be interested to know if the SSPCA are likely to take any action on this!!!!!

Stefan
05-Jul-11, 17:26
What kind of action ???

tonkatojo
05-Jul-11, 19:05
What kind of action ???

Could an investigation be raised as to the dog that savaged an an year old geriatric dog, or is it because its an animal it doesn't matter ?.

PS: I personally do not see the 17 year old dog instigating a rumpus.

Liz
05-Jul-11, 19:48
Aw well done for taking such good care of poor Jake until he was (thankfully) reunited with his owners. xx

bluebell
05-Jul-11, 23:45
This dog was claimed today and is now back home with his family poor Jake is actually 17years old but wearing well! Hope he soon gets over his ordeal.
good to hear that Jake is back with his family and is wearing well

spaceddaisy
06-Jul-11, 12:09
Delighted that his owners have been found. I would be interested to know if the SSPCA are likely to take any action on this!!!!!

How do you intend the SSPCA to take action on a random, unknown dog who attacked another? It's not going to be possible.

binnes
12-Jul-11, 12:42
Glad to hear that all has worked out well. What a good age!!

Robinwood
24-Aug-11, 07:20
Some of the people leave there dogs as they get old or they get infected ! i have seen this for many times.. You wont believe but one day me and my friend went for a adventure in the forest and i have seen one family brought there dog (its a little fellow a year or two) to the spot so i thought they have taken him for a ride but suddenly they tied it to a tree and went back to the car ... he shouted so loudly but none of them returned and it had even made some noise like crying and just could not able to see all this so i just went and released it from the tree and you wont believe guys but it started running so fast that we had to follow him on our bikes but unfortunately it did not made to its owner... but any how we caught it and when we had taken it in our hands we have seen that it has been badly infected and thought that's the reason they left it there .. so we immediately taken it to the vat and started medicine over it and after few weeks it totally got away from the infection, ya we spent little heavy money though but we are happy that its back to normal... and now we are totally taking care of it and trust me guys its a very friendly puppy !

Still am trying to find its owner not to return the puppy but to return some words from me to them ! :mad:

teenybash
27-Aug-11, 00:10
Good for you, caring for the puppy and getting it vet treatment. Well done.

lsb1
27-Aug-11, 15:47
Thats great to hear that the dog will be ok. Poor old thing, but he must be a bit of a tough cookie to have come through that ordeal! :D