PDA

View Full Version : Wasps in Sparrow Terrace!

Liz
03-Jul-11, 20:29
We have an unused sparrow terrace on a house wall and some wasps have taken up residence in one of the compartments!

We've been checking and there don't seem to be many(yet!). Would it be mad to try to remove them ourselves?
We planned to do it late at night when they are quiet, block up the entrance, lift the sparrow terrace gently down and put it into something, then take it to a derelict house in the country.

We don't really want to kill them.

starfish
03-Jul-11, 20:52
All i can say is good luck if you move it and upset them

Liz
03-Jul-11, 20:56
I wouldn't risk it at all starfish if there were loads of them but have been watching and there are only a few. Gulp!lol

binnes
03-Jul-11, 21:11
Your motives, without doubt, are good but in my opinion, I really dont think it is a particually wise thing to do. Wasps are nasty mean little creatures and heaven help you if they escape and furthermore, by the time you get to your detination, they will be livid!!

Also, beware of any anaphylactic shock should you get stung.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Liz
04-Jul-11, 00:34
Well I am very pleased to report that Operation Wasp went according to plan and no wasps or humans were hurt in the process!:)

I have to say again that there is no way that we would have attempted it if we knew there was a large swarm but there weren't very many so decided to give it a go. They are now in a new home far away from houses.

Thanks for your concern and best wishes binnes.

Bazeye
04-Jul-11, 02:01
There was a young man from St. Bees
who got stung on the leg by a wasp
when asked if it hurt, he replied, just a bit
its a good job it wasnt a hornet