PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend a car mechanic in Thurso area?

Tatbabe
03-Jul-11, 13:25
I'm looking for someone to do some work on my MK4 Golf and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good car mechanic who is also priced reasonably or does the work in his spare time. would like to save money compared to prices at garages but still have a good and reliable mechanic do the job.

thanks for reading.

Doreen
03-Jul-11, 13:56
I highly recommend viking motors just had my car fixed this morning then they took my car back to me repaired micheal and paula will go out of ther way to help and they dont take the eyes out you like the rest of the local garages .

poppett
03-Jul-11, 15:57
I second that, Doreen.

wkgeorge
03-Jul-11, 18:49
I see you stay in Halkirk so why not go to your local garage there, reasonable rates and reliable.

Gadge
12-Jul-11, 14:24
try kenny mackay george st halkirk he is very good and cheap

Kodiak
12-Jul-11, 16:54
The Very Best place to take your car to is ....

Viking Motors
Unit 7/4c
Ormlie Industrial Estate
Thurso
KW14 &QU

Tel 07769 731664 and 07810 862486

Or if you like you could contact our very own Tugmistress here at .org as she runs Viking Motors along with her Husband.

I can Highly Recommend them and you do not need to take out a Mortgage either as they have the best prices in Caithness by far. Their Work is to a really high standard so I am sure they will be able to help you. Click on link to view their Prices for Labour.

http://vikingmotors-thurso.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=49:prices&catid=31:general&Itemid=41

DrChin
12-Jul-11, 17:12
The Very Best place to take your car to is ....

Viking Motors
Unit 7/4c
Ormlie Industrial Estate
Thurso
KW14 &QU

Tel 07769 731664 and 07810 862486

Or if you like you could contact our very own Tugmistress here at .org as she runs Viking Motors along with her Husband.

I can Highly Recommend them and you do not need to take out a Mortgage either as they have the best prices in Caithness by far. Their Work is to a really high standard so I am sure they will be able to help you. Click on link to view their Prices for Labour.

http://vikingmotors-thurso.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=49:prices&catid=31:general&Itemid=41

I agree with the above post. I took my car in to Viking Motors a couple of weeks ago and I was only Charged £45 for a Job I was Quoted £100 to £150 at Halkirk. From now on I will go to Viking first and never back to Halkirk.

Stefan
12-Jul-11, 17:36
I'll third, forth and fifth that !
Would never go anywhere else again !
Totally honest, reliable service, super prices and always helpful. You can even borrow a car off them if you need to leave yours and are left with no transport etc.

ter21wat
12-Jul-11, 18:13
I would recommend Viking Motors too! Nothing is too much bother for them, they do an excellent job and their prices are by far the best in the county!

abby 1
12-Jul-11, 21:40
try g s donn harpsdale

Noah08
14-Jul-11, 07:58
J sutherland, from Dunnet is very good and cheap. pms or phone 07784639592.

Digby
15-Jul-11, 13:21
I know this thread has been open a while,

but I was informed yesterday that in the old CG construction building at the back of the Ormlie Industrial Estate theres a lad opened a garage, he previously had one up here about 10 years ago and I went to him then so I going to give him a try again, he was thouragh and a fair price.

Will find out more after I pop in to see him, will add to thread then

Bobinovich
17-Jul-11, 14:44
Another huge thumbs up for Michael & Paula at Viking Motors. Night before heading away on a weeks' holiday with my kids my car developed a nasty squeal from the nearside front wheel, called them and they were with me within 20 minutes despite it being after 10pm on a Saturday night!! They took a look and quickly diagnosed the problem (stone chip caught on back plate IIRC), but couldn't sort it due to location and lack of light. Took it to their garage and sorted it (and my stress levels lol) by 10am on the Sunday morning. Thanks again guys :D

Digby
29-Jul-11, 22:21
I know this thread has been open a while,

but I was informed yesterday that in the old CG construction building at the back of the Ormlie Industrial Estate theres a lad opened a garage, he previously had one up here about 10 years ago and I went to him then so I going to give him a try again, he was thouragh and a fair price.

Will find out more after I pop in to see him, will add to thread then

Okay folks I finely made it up to get my car serviced, and I have to say I am glad I waited.
they do valeting, servicing and repair, but also caravan storage which I think is rare in thurso?

As I said had my car serviced and the lad got it in the next day and even gave me a run home, he also pointed out something I will need done for the MOT which is due next month, I got a cuppa when I went back to pick it up. If I have one complaint its that I think hes to cheap, but I wasnt going to argue.

I am going back net week to get a towbar fitted and to get the MOT problem corrected, hope he does well

He has a website, www.kdmautosthurso.co.uk (http://www.kdmautosthurso.co.uk)

womble
10-Aug-11, 18:16
I would add my vote for Viking Motors. having tried 2 garages in Thurso and been disappointed, my experience with them couldn't have been better. VERY helpful, informative and for those who always believe a garage wants to con you (me!), i can safely say I was totally reassured. They showed me all the problems, helped with ordering cheap parts and then fitted them and did the rest of the work for a bargain. (They charge by 1/4 hour - not the hour!). Will definately keep using them....well done Viking motors.

macdwight
31-Aug-11, 22:45
i would recomend kdm motors ,got a service on my car and a couple of small jobs done,everything was no problem and was quick and very reasonable .