PDA

View Full Version : What will they try to ban next........

Bazeye
02-Jul-11, 19:13
...passing wind in a built up area.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/philipjohnston/8609580/A-ban-on-outdoor-smoking-in-Stony-Stratford-Is-this-the-Britain-we-want.html

NickInTheNorth
02-Jul-11, 19:25
An interesting article. I make no secret of the fact ever that I would like to see a 100% ban on smoking in places to which the general public have access, whether indoors or out. This would appear to be a first step in that direction and so I welcome it.

The principle argument used by the author of the article is the usual one of freedom of choice. This is such a spurious argument. If someone is smoking in a public place then my freedom of choice is instantly curtailed. I cannot be in the close vicinity of that person without smelling and breathing in second hand smoke. I don't want to do so. Therefore the only "group" whose freedom is being preserved by allowing smoking in public is the smokers. Non-smokers still have the accept it or get lost choice.

In my eyes that is not a choice.

sandyr1
02-Jul-11, 23:17
FYI...A study done in London, England in the 70's indicated that one 'whiff' of diesel smoke/fumes....i.e. unburned fuel, was worse than smoking a hundred Fags!
And most of the vehicles in the UK are diesel....

pmcd
03-Jul-11, 00:20
Definition of hypocrite is someone who slags smokers and who drives a car. Who produces the most toxins? The person whose face I wish to continue punching is the person who condemns passive smoking as anti-social while driving his chariot far too often and badly and spraying everyone in noseshot in vile miasmic effluent. There must be a special hell for these people.

Luckily for my blood pressure, I realise that driving is important for a lot of people, and am prepared to endure the mild poisons and the occasional smog, and even try to remember that despite the Highway Code, pedestrians are merely annoyances and obstacles, you selfish, road-hogging Mr (and Mrs) Toads!

Sadly, the same equanimity is rarely to be found in non-smokers, especially ex-smokers, who see it as part of their redemption from nicotine to preach its horrors, attempt to shame remaining smokers, and behave as though they were on some higher moral plane.

Not if you drive, sunshine..........

oldmarine
03-Jul-11, 01:12
An interesting article. I make no secret of the fact ever that I would like to see a 100% ban on smoking in places to which the general public have access, whether indoors or out. This would appear to be a first step in that direction and so I welcome it.

The principle argument used by the author of the article is the usual one of freedom of choice. This is such a spurious argument. If someone is smoking in a public place then my freedom of choice is instantly curtailed. I cannot be in the close vicinity of that person without smelling and breathing in second hand smoke. I don't want to do so. Therefore the only "group" whose freedom is being preserved by allowing smoking in public is the smokers. Non-smokers still have the accept it or get lost choice.

In my eyes that is not a choice.
I agree with Nick. I quit smoking for the purpose of good health. That includes second-hand smoke. Smokers should go to their own private space to smoke where it does not harm others.

sids
03-Jul-11, 07:44
FYI...A study done in London, England in the 70's indicated that one 'whiff' of diesel smoke/fumes.....

I'd say they were wrong about that. Who sponsored the research?

mi16
03-Jul-11, 07:59
FYI...A study done in London, England in the 70's indicated that one 'whiff' of diesel smoke/fumes....i.e. unburned fuel, was worse than smoking a hundred Fags!

Were 70's diesels equipped with electronic engine control units, exhaust gas recirculation systems, diesel particulate filters or catalytic converters?
Answer No, the diesel car of the 70's was a slow and smoky beast, the ones of today are not.
You cannot base an argument today on a study carried out 40+ years ago (when smoking was still being advertised and fashionable I may add)

Away back to your smokers shack and think up the next cunning argument.

NickInTheNorth
03-Jul-11, 07:59

When a decent, economically viable means of transportation is available that doesn't spew out the fumes that cars, vans, lorries do then I'll be first in the queue demanding the ban on such vehicles. Until such times I put up with them as a necessary evil. The harm is outweighed by the good.

The same is not true of smoking!

northener
03-Jul-11, 09:11
James I of Scotchland and Engurland says it all in his 'Counterblaste to Tobbacco' in 1605:

excerpt:

And for the vanities committed in this filthie custome, is it not both great vanitie and vncleanenesse, that at the table, a place of respect, of cleanelinesse, of modestie, men should not be ashamed, to sit tossing of Tobacco pipes, and puffing of the smoke of Tobacco one to another, making the filthy smoke and stinke thereof, to exhale athwart the dishes, and infect the aire, when very often, men that abhorre it are at their repast? Surely Smoke becomes a kitchin far better then a Dining chamber, and yet it makes a kitchin also oftentimes in the inward parts of men, soiling and infecting them, with an vnctuous and oily kinde of Soote, as hath bene found in some great Tobacco takers, that after their death were opened. And not onely meate time, but no other time nor action is exempted from the publike vse of this vnciuill tricke: so as if the wiues of Diepe list to contest with this Nation for good maners their worst maners would in all reason be found at least not so dishonest (as ours are) in this point. The publike vse whereof, at all times, and in all places, hath now so farre preuailed, as diuers men very sound both in iudgement, and complexion, haue bene at last forced to take it also without desire, partly because they were ashamed to seeme singular, (like the two Philosophers that were forced to duck themselues in that raine water, and so become fooles aswell as the rest of the people) and partly, to be as one that was content to eate Garlicke (which hee did not loue) that he might not be troubled with the smell of it, in the breath of his fellowes. And is it not a great vanitie, that a man cannot heartily welcome his friend now, but straight they must bee in hand with Tobacco? No it is become in place of a cure, a point of good fellowship, and he that will refuse to take a pipe of Tobacco among his fellowes, (though by his own election he would rather feele the sauour of a Sinke) is accounted peeuish and no good company, euen as they doe with tippling in the cold Easterne Countries. Yea the Mistresse cannot in a more manerly kinde, entertaine her seruant, then by giuing him out of her faire hand a pipe of Tobacco. But herein is not onely a great vanitie, but a great contempt of Gods good giftes, that the sweetenesse of mans breath, being a good gift of God, should be willfully corrupted by this stinking smoke, wherein I must confesse, it hath too strong a vertue: and so that which is an ornament of nature, and can neither by any artifice be at the first acquired, nor once lost, be recouered againe, shall be filthily corrupted with an incurable stinke, which vile qualitie is as directly contrary to that wrong opinion which is holden of the wholesomenesse thereof, as the venime of putrifaction is contrary to the vertue Preseruative.
Moreouer, which is a great iniquitie, and against all humanitie, the husband shall not bee ashamed, to reduce thereby his delicate, wholesome, and cleane complexioned wife, to that extremitie, that either shee must also corrupt her sweete breath therewith, or else resolue to liue in a perpetuall stinking torment.
Haue you not reason then to bee ashamed, and to forbeare this filthie noueltie, so basely grounded, so foolishly receiued and so grossely mistaken in the right vse thereof? In your abuse thereof sinning against God, harming your selues both in persons and goods, and raking also thereby the markes and notes of vanitie vpon you: by the custome thereof making your selues to be wondered at by all forraine ciuil Nations, and by all strangers that come among you, to be scorned and contemned. A custome lothsome to the eye, hatefull to the Nose, harmefull to the braine, dangerous to the Lungs, and in the blacke stinking fume thereof, neerest resembling the horrible Stigian smoke of the pit that is bottomlesse.

And that's just the last few paragraphs:Razz

Full version (along with a very relevant observation upon fashion and vanity) here: http://www.luminarium.org/renascence-editions/james1.html

Torvaig
03-Jul-11, 10:03
That James the 1st seems to be a sensible soul...... :lol:

Leanne
03-Jul-11, 10:17
I agree - it should be banned. As a non-smoker (not ex smoker) I am tired of having to inhale the noxious smell. It is horrible - forget the health hazards of it... I'd put it on line with someone passing an eggy wind - truly horrible. In fact it's worse - cigarette smoke sticks to your clothing, trumps don't. I moved to Wick to escape the smell of the general unwashed masses smoking away.

Has anyone noticed the trend with smoking - in the old days it used to be seen as something 'cool' to do. Nowadays it tend to be a very working class thing to do. Of course there are exceptions but I've noticed that less of my friends smoke that are professionals, than who have a 'normal' job. I don't know whether that is me being snobby but just my observation.

golach
03-Jul-11, 10:35
I moved to Wick to escape the smell of the general unwashed masses smoking away.
Has anyone noticed the trend with smoking . Nowadays it tend to be a very working class thing to do. Of course there are exceptions but I've noticed that less of my friends smoke that are professionals, than who have a 'normal' job. I don't know whether that is me being snobby but just my observation.

Very snobby I would suggest [disgust]

pmcd
03-Jul-11, 10:57
Oh no, not snobby. Just fashionable. Fashion attracts majorities. The majority currently hate smokers, and are drivers. They can't see the smog that hangs over urban centres. All produced, no doubt, by the 27% of the population who smoke, not the gas-burners. No, no - nowt to do with health, but with how the majority opinion becomes the social norm. And not to put too fine a point on it, an amount of bullying, too. It's easy to shout down and condemn a minority. It's also, as in most cases of bullying, a wee bit cowardly.

If smokers are "working class", then that's it for great and former smokers such as Joanna Lumley and Winston Churchill. Well common, those geezers, innit?

Corrie 3
03-Jul-11, 11:03
I agree - it should be banned. As a non-smoker (not ex smoker) I am tired of having to inhale the noxious smell. It is horrible - forget the health hazards of it... I'd put it on line with someone passing an eggy wind - truly horrible. In fact it's worse - cigarette smoke sticks to your clothing, trumps don't. I moved to Wick to escape the smell of the general unwashed masses smoking away.

Has anyone noticed the trend with smoking - in the old days it used to be seen as something 'cool' to do. Nowadays it tend to be a very working class thing to do. Of course there are exceptions but I've noticed that less of my friends smoke that are professionals, than who have a 'normal' job. I don't know whether that is me being snobby but just my observation.
I take it you dont drive or have a car Leanne? Or go anywhere on the bus or train? You only have to go as far as Union Street in Inverness to taste the poison coming out of exhausts!

C3......:roll::roll:;)

Doreen
03-Jul-11, 11:07
Cheek you have us smokers have got as much rights as non smokers and the worst the ex-non smokers do you pay for our fags no if i want to smoke thats up to me and we have every right to smoke outside if you dont like the smell move somewhere else.

theone
03-Jul-11, 11:19
I wasn't sure how the smoking ban would work, but I'm glad it did.

Rather than a blanket ban on smoking outdoors, I'd rather see less strict new rules, perhaps forbidding smoking at doorways to buildings etc. Although the non smoker doesn't have to smell others smoke in the pub, they often have to walk through a cloud of it to get in.

Cheek you have us smokers have got as much rights as non smokers and the worst the ex-non smokers do you pay for our fags no if i want to smoke thats up to me and we have every right to smoke outside if you dont like the smell move somewhere else.

Yes Doreen, you may well have the right to smoke there now.

You used to be able to smoke inside public places in the past too. Not any more, times change.

Doreen
03-Jul-11, 11:50
Well do you drive Leanne.

EDDIE
03-Jul-11, 12:05

The thing is Doreen if you smoke you dont relise it but you have no sense of smell or taste but if you stopped smoking for a couple of weeks you would get your sense of smell and taste back and would relise that stink of smoke is bad and a smokers clothes stinks and if you smoke inside your home that will stink as well sorry.
There away to try a ban on outdoor smoking in new york and if it works there its just a matter of time before everyone follows suit times are changing

Doreen
03-Jul-11, 12:16
Well Eddie know all i enjoy having my smoke and i have a sense of smell and taste and no i dont want to stop smoking and nobody is going to stop me smoking out in the open thanks for your advice but to be honest its stinks more than fags.

lasher
03-Jul-11, 12:16
I agree - it should be banned. As a non-smoker (not ex smoker) I am tired of having to inhale the noxious smell. It is horrible - forget the health hazards of it... I'd put it on line with someone passing an eggy wind - truly horrible. In fact it's worse - cigarette smoke sticks to your clothing, trumps don't. I moved to Wick to escape the smell of the general unwashed masses smoking away.Has anyone noticed the trend with smoking - in the old days it used to be seen as something 'cool' to do. Nowadays it tend to be a very working class thing to do. Of course there are exceptions but I've noticed that less of my friends smoke that are professionals, than who have a 'normal' job. I don't know whether that is me being snobby but just my observation.Yip very snobby, why don't you go back where u came from!

mi16
03-Jul-11, 12:42
Well Eddie know all i enjoy having my smoke and i have a sense of smell and taste and no i dont want to stop smoking and nobody is going to stop me smoking out in the open thanks for your advice but to be honest its stinks more than fags.

Will you choose to break the law then if it comes into force?

Rheghead
03-Jul-11, 12:44
I heard this week that smoking in a car is worse for your health than breathing in the exhaust fumes, I find that hard to believe.

Doreen
03-Jul-11, 13:10
Will you choose to break the law then if it comes into force? Yes if that what it takes but can you see that happening i dont think so.

ss.sv650
03-Jul-11, 13:24
hope it dose maybe you can still smoke in the old jail house tho !!

theone
03-Jul-11, 13:26
Yes if that what it takes but can you see that happening i dont think so.

I can definately see it happening in the next 10-20 years.

Local councils can (and have) banned drinking alcohol outside. I can't see how smoking could be treated any differently.

It will be interesting to see what happens in that towwn in the newspaper report.

theone
03-Jul-11, 13:27
I heard this week that smoking in a car is worse for your health than breathing in the exhaust fumes, I find that hard to believe.

You don't often hear of people commitiing suicide by locking themselves in a car with a pack of 20!

NickInTheNorth
03-Jul-11, 14:01
You don't often hear of people commitiing suicide by locking themselves in a car with a pack of 20!

no, but plenty commit long slow suicide over the shortened lifespan...

theone
03-Jul-11, 14:06
no, but plenty commit long slow suicide over the shortened lifespan...

I don't deny that. I was just agreeing with the previous poster that I find it hard to believe smoking in a car can possibly be worse than breathing exhaust fumes.

NickInTheNorth
03-Jul-11, 14:16
I don't deny that. I was just agreeing with the previous poster that I find it hard to believe smoking in a car can possibly be worse than breathing exhaust fumes.

But don't forget, the "smelly" part of the exhaust fumes is not - as far as I am aware, happy to be proved wrong - what kills you. It is the carbon monoxide which does the damage. Nowadays it is actually not so very easy to kill yourself by running a car in an enclosed space, or by running a hose into the car or whatever. It gets pretty horrible breathing in the un-combusted fuel, but that won't kill you real quick either.

On balance I would rather breathe the cigarette smoke than the exhaust fumes, however I believe the cigarette fumes would be more likely to kill me than the exhaust.

RecQuery
03-Jul-11, 14:19
I don't like smoking I'm particularly annoyed when I'm walking behind someone on the street and it wafts into my face or if I'm standing at a bus stop and someone is smoking.

I too find that diesel worse than smoking research to be rather counter intuitive, from a quick journal search it seems the reverse is true, there's a large body of research that indicates that smoking is much worse than diesel.

theone
03-Jul-11, 14:28
On balance I would rather breathe the cigarette smoke than the exhaust fumes, however I believe the cigarette fumes would be more likely to kill me than the exhaust.

I wouldn't test your theory if I was you.

There's still a significant amount of carbon monoxide in the emissions from modern cars. It might take a little longer to reach the toxic levels, but if you locked youself in your garage with the engine running, a bottle of gin and a radiohead album, I doubt you'd hear too many songs repeated.

EDDIE
03-Jul-11, 14:31

If you dont want to stop smoking dont if your happy wasting your hard earned cash on fags go for it. but you only think you have a sense of smell and taste as smoker but you dont if you dont believe me stop smoking for a couple of weeks and you will see what i mean and then you will understand why so many people moan about the smell of smoke.

sandyr1
03-Jul-11, 14:44
I'd say they were wrong about that. Who sponsored the research?

Firstly I stopped smoking 25 years ago......fyi Mi16.
The sponser for this research...likely I could find it but it was a long time ago...someone said.....But whilst directing traffic in Brixton, London, England in the early 70's and wearing a white coat for this purpose, I remember vividly having breathing probs after 60 mins and the white coat changing to a darker color. A study was done and I read the results, and as a result, we were cut to 30 mins after that.
And mi16...with all the new components to reduce said dangers, having recently traversed the Berriedale Braes behind lorries that one could hardly see because the black smoke was so thick, there didn't seem to be much modern technology there....I guess it is just a lack of maintainance..Injectors etc.
And then not too long ago....being at Platsburg Air Force base in the US...a S.A.C. field watching B52's., B1., and B2 bombers in action plus the Fighters, when they went overhead the oily smoke etc. was incredible....... As NITN said, the harm is outweighed by the good...Really?

And smoker's rites......I dunno...It's kind of like some religions etc. etc...Don't bother me with it.....I am not the awful reformed smoker...just leave me out.....
And we are in the same boat in North America.

mi16
03-Jul-11, 15:11
A diesel under full load will undoubtedly smoke a bit, but thankfully the country is not full of Berridale Braes, most of the time they are cruising and not churning out so many nasties.
I see you are in Ontario, when was is that you last traversed Berridale? did you notice the age of the trucks?

mi16
03-Jul-11, 15:12
Yes if that what it takes but can you see that happening i dont think so.

Did you foresee the current smoking ban happening from back in the 80's or 90's?
I would guess not

mi16
03-Jul-11, 15:27
I wouldn't test your theory if I was you.

There's still a significant amount of carbon monoxide in the emissions from modern cars. It might take a little longer to reach the toxic levels, but if you locked youself in your garage with the engine running, a bottle of gin and a radiohead album, I doubt you'd hear too many songs repeated.

I think with a bottle of gin and a radiohead album you would be more liable to slash your wrists before the fumes got you.

sandyr1
03-Jul-11, 15:30
A diesel under full load will undoubtedly smoke a bit, but thankfully the country is not full of Berridale Braes, most of the time they are cruising and not churning out so many nasties.
I see you are in Ontario, when was is that you last traversed Berridale? did you notice the age of the trucks?

Four weeks ago.....and Stevens and Gunns were the clean ones...Cannot remember the other names....
Trucks were fairly new, but they put on huge mileage and the servicing has to be regular....plus a few small vans were also belching.
Big fines here for unnecessary smoke here. Must get them Caithness Coppers to do their job! Am I opening up a can o' worms!!

mi16
03-Jul-11, 16:27
Smoking whilst driving should be the next thing banned in my opinion.
As an ex smoker who was very fond of a ciggie when driving, the amount of times a hazard has been caused either by smoke in the eye, dropping ash, dropping the ciggie or raking for lighters was quite scary thinking back.
Also I thought that the smoking ban applied when at work, if so why do I see posties and lorry or van drivers smoking in their respective vehicles.

NickInTheNorth
03-Jul-11, 16:32
if so why do I see posties and lorry or van drivers smoking in their respective vehicles. 'cos they are breaking the law...

shazzap
03-Jul-11, 17:17
Cheek you have us smokers have got as much rights as non smokers and the worst the ex-non smokers do you pay for our fags no if i want to smoke thats up to me and we have every right to smoke outside if you don't like the smell move somewhere else.

I'm an ex smoker. I do not preach to smokers. If out with my OH and he has a cig, which is quite often, even prolific. I tell him to stay a little behind me, so i don't get it in my face. No mean feat, when i can only walk at a snails pace. Also Diesel stinks, as in smells. Come to think of it, so does Petrol. The smell of both fuels, makes me feel sick.

RecQuery
03-Jul-11, 17:32

Would you be annoyed if I stood next to you at a bus stop, at an entrance or in a line and started spraying deodorant in your face or playing really loud music or whatever. Don't like it well just move.

I'm quite happy to take the "If you don't like it don't watch it or do it" approach, but you'd have to apply it to everything.

Doreen
03-Jul-11, 17:50
Would you be annoyed if I stood next to you at a bus stop, at an entrance or in a line and started spraying deodorant in your face or playing really loud music or whatever. Don't like it well just move.

I'm quite happy to take the "If you don't like it don't watch it or do it" approach, but you'd have to apply it to everything.So you are trying to say Requery that i go up to people and blow smoke in peoples face god grow up i think you need to go and have a we word wi yeself how stupid that statment was and ive got every right to smoke beside a bus shelter as long as im not in it its about time smokers got to smoke inside public places now because all the smokers are moaning about us smoking outside je whizz what a bunch o moaners .

EDDIE
03-Jul-11, 18:03
So you are trying to say Requery that i go up to people and blow smoke in peoples face god grow up i think you need to go and have a we word wi yeself how stupid that statment was and ive got every right to smoke beside a bus shelter as long as im not in it its about time smokers got to smoke inside public places now because all the smokers are moaning about us smoking outside je whizz what a bunch o moaners .

Because your a smoker you cant smell the fag smoke but when u light up non smokers can smell that awful smell from at least 25 yards maybey more thats how bad the smell is.
What i find odd about you is you seem proud and happy that you smoke thats the bit i dont get 99% of smokers if there honest wish they never started and would love to stop.
How much do you spend on fags in a month?

Doreen
03-Jul-11, 18:18
Because your a smoker you cant smell the fag smoke but when u light up non smokers can smell that awful smell from at least 25 yards maybey more thats how bad the smell is.
What i find odd about you is you seem proud and happy that you smoke thats the bit i dont get 99% of smokers if there honest wish they never started and would love to stop.
How much do you spend on fags in a month?Now your talking rubbish and did i say i was proud of smoking NO and has it got any buisness of yours how much i spend on fags i work hard for my money im entitled to spend it on what i wish and i do enjoy my fag so nobody has got any right to discriminate me for being a smoker its my health and i do not smoke around none smokers and if i want a fag outside i will have one simple.

EDDIE
03-Jul-11, 18:28
Now your talking rubbish and did i say i was proud of smoking NO and has it got any buisness of yours how much i spend on fags i work hard for my money im entitled to spend it on what i wish and i do enjoy my fag so nobody has got any right to discriminate me for being a smoker its my health and i do not smoke around none smokers and if i want a fag outside i will have one simple.
Lets just say for example you own a diesol car surely you wouldnt be silly enough to willyfully put water or dirt or even petrol in the tank because you no thats going to damage the car and cost you so you wouldnt do that so why stick a fag in your mouth and smoke when you no full well its bad for you?

Doreen
03-Jul-11, 18:35
Lets just say for example you own a diesol car surely you wouldnt be silly enough to willyfully put water or dirt or even petrol in the tank because you no thats going to damage the car and cost you so you wouldnt do that so why stick a fag in your mouth and smoke when you no full well its bad for you?Oh Eddie stop making such stupid statments were on about smokers not cars and petrol or diesil and i stick the fag in my mouth and take a puff because i enjoy a fag and i dont need you to tell me what i should do why dont you sit an a rocket and take a launch to the moon there surly will no be any smokers there have a nice day must go for a smoke is that ok wi you .

NickInTheNorth
03-Jul-11, 18:40
i do not smoke around none smokers and if i want a fag outside i will have one simple.

Bit of a contradiction there Doreen - unless you ask everyone around you when you light up outside you may well be smoking around none smokers. And I for one can assure you that it is really offensive to have to suffer the stink of cigarettes outside when trying to enjoy the fresh air.

And your sheer arrogance in saying:

is fairly typical of the argument put forward in the bad old days when smokers were allowed to inflict their disgusting habit on the rest of us indoors.

Why should you be able to decide where I am allowed to be?

Why should I have to move to breathe clean air just because you choose to light up?

Smoking will be banned in public in my life time, I would guess within 20 years.

Doreen
03-Jul-11, 18:52
Nick of the North why should you decide where i light up im entitiled to smoke outside if i want i think its you that needs a fag chill chill who says your right and im wrong is vice versa but thanks for your statment yawn

Leanne
03-Jul-11, 19:20
The tone of the smokers in here is very similar to that of the 'staffie' lot ;) Same type of person?

golach
03-Jul-11, 19:27
The tone of the smokers in here is very similar to that of the 'staffie' lot ;) Same type of person?

I am a non smoker and a non "Staffie" owner, still think your a snobby woman. [lol]

shazzap
03-Jul-11, 19:31

Your very judge mental Leanne.

Doreen
03-Jul-11, 19:32
The tone of the smokers in here is very similar to that of the 'staffie' lot ;) Same type of person?Well do you own a car you still have not said.

Leanne
03-Jul-11, 19:36
I am a non smoker and a non "Staffie" owner, still think your a snobby woman. [lol]

Some call it snobby, others call it having standards. Edit - I actually don't see snobby as a derogatory term TBH

Well do you own a car you still have not said.

We are a one car family but I have to have a car for on call at work. My OH doesn't have a car - we make do... If I didn't do oncall for work I would cycle like I used to do to my old job. Actually, I'd probably get the bus as it's 7 and a half miles to work :(

Doreen
03-Jul-11, 19:41
Some call it snobby, others call it having standards. Edit - I actually don't see snobby as a derogatory term TBH

We are a one car family but I have to have a car for on call at work. My OH doesn't have a car - we make do... If I didn't do oncall for work I would cycle like I used to do to my old job. Actually, I'd probably get the bus as it's 7 and a half miles to work :(So you are guilty of putting poison fumes in the air and you really have two cars not one i can count.:lol:

Leanne
03-Jul-11, 19:51
So you are guilty of putting poison fumes in the air and you really have two cars not one i can count.:lol:

I am guilty of putting poisonous fumes in the air - out of necessity. I did 2 years car-free before moving up here. I was pretty central in town and within cycling distance of work. It's also amazing how much you save not having a car! That is another reason why we only have one now - why spend all that cash? Better things to spend it on :)

I think you have the wrong person - I only have one car... We are 1/2 a mile from the road. Unless you have been coming onto our property you would have no way of seeing how many cars we have

Edited to add a hyphen.

Corrie 3
03-Jul-11, 19:57
I think you have the wrong person - I only have one car... We are 1/2 a mile from the road. Unless you have been coming onto our property you would have no way of seeing how many cars we have
You are not the same Leanne that had a Land Rover 90 for sale with a pony trailer then?....Now lets just see, how much poison does a Land Rover and towing a pony trailer chuck out? I bet you had a Chelsea tractor when you lived down south didnt you. Immigrate to Caithness and become a snob, well thats a new one on me!!!!

C3....:eek::roll:;)

Doreen
03-Jul-11, 19:59
I think you have the wrong person - I only have one car... We are 1/2 a mile from the road. Unless you have been coming onto our property you would have no way of seeing how many cars we haveOh did i upset you you said you are a one car family but you use A car for your oncall job so surly that is two cars are you ok why on earth would i come on to YOUR property i dont even know you but you seem to be quiete full o yersel.

Leanne
03-Jul-11, 20:00
You are not the same Leanne that had a Land Rover 90 for sale with a pony trailer then?....Now lets just see, how much poison does a Land Rover and towing a pony trailer chuck out? I bet you had a Chelsea tractor when you lived down south didnt you. Immigrate to Caithness and become a snob, well thats a new one on me!!!!

C3....:eek::roll:

Again - car out of necessity. BTW my previous car was a cinquicento - horrendous yellow thing. Crumpled like a pancake when I got hit by a drunk driver :( Didn't do to well in the snow either - in fact it didn't do much well lol

Leanne
03-Jul-11, 20:03
Oh did i upset you you said you are a one car family but you use A car for your oncall job so surly that is two cars are you ok why on earth would i come on to YOUR property i dont even know you but you seem to be quiete full o yersel.

I do have one family car which I use for on call - surely this is one?

Edit - full of myself? Well I know my own mind, so it may be perceived as that. I don't mind that comment either - doesn't offend me in the slightest. Rather full of myself than meek and feeble eh?

Corrie 3
03-Jul-11, 20:11
Again - car out of necessity. BTW my previous car was a cinquicento - horrendous yellow thing. Crumpled like a pancake when I got hit by a drunk driver :( Didn't do to well in the snow either - in fact it didn't do much well lol
So Leanne,
its ok for you to spend your money on a poison polluting Land Rover, you obviously weren't bothered who breathed in the fumes as you went by them towing the pony trailer but you object to others spending their hard earned cash on cigarettes and call them derogatory names to boot!!! Btw, there is no necessity to have such a gas guzzling car, was it just about snobbery in your case?

I bet the drunk driver was working class, smoked like a chimney and owned a Staffie didnt he?

C3......:roll::eek:

Walter Ego
03-Jul-11, 20:13
If someone could tell me what the collective description for a bunch of half wits is, I'd like it to be applied to a couple of the dimmer posters in this thread......

Red
03-Jul-11, 20:15
Rather than a complete ban on outdoor smoking, I'd like to see it banned in public places, providing that there is somewhere for smokers to go, a superventilated room somewhere, perhaps in a pub, cafe, restaurant, where they don't feel the need to congregate in doorways or smoke out in the open street.

The smell of smoke makes me physically sick. I grew up in a house where my Mam smoked continuously, she quit smoking when she was 55 after she was diagnosed with Emphysema (now called COPD) and it took 17 years for her body to gradually degrade to the point that every organ failed; a long, slow, painful, hideous death, that ultimately had no dignity for her.

I don't want to walk through fumes that remind me of that and I certainly don't want to subject my child to it!

Doreen
03-Jul-11, 20:15
Again - car out of necessity. BTW my previous car was a cinquicento - horrendous yellow thing. Crumpled like a pancake when I got hit by a drunk driver :( Didn't do to well in the snow either - in fact it didn't do much well lolSo the drunk driver at hit you was he smoking a fag at the time .

golach
03-Jul-11, 20:18

That same sort of standards as this woman methinks
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2010805/Carolyn-Bourne-Is-mother-law-hell-saga-elaborate-PR-stunt.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Corrie 3
03-Jul-11, 20:19
If someone could tell me what the collective description for a bunch of half wits is, I'd like it to be applied to a couple of the dimmer posters in this thread......
I think you will find the name is Tenego's Walter!!!!

C3.....:eek::roll:;)

mi16
04-Jul-11, 07:22
I run two cars, you are right it is a pricey buisness but a necessary one. its funny how all the cancer stick consumers have attempted to turn this thread around from the banning of a completely pointless, filthy and dangerous habit to the right's and wrongs of owning a car.
I think that smokers should be forced to pay more NI contributions to cover the cost of their inevitable medical treatments. I know if they had a similar scheme in place when I smoked then I would have stopped it much sooner.

Doreen
04-Jul-11, 07:34
I run two cars, you are right it is a pricey buisness but a necessary one. its funny how all the cancer stick consumers have attempted to turn this thread around from the banning of a completely pointless, filthy and dangerous habit to the right's and wrongs of owning a car.
I think that smokers should be forced to pay more NI contributions to cover the cost of their inevitable medical treatments. I know if they had a similar scheme in place when I smoked then I would have stopped it much sooner.So do you have proof that is entirely down to smoking that causes cancer and not helped by all the other filthyfumes that come out of veicles .Yet another ex smoker in that case if you run two cars your not doing the enviroment much good either you should be forced to pay more NI contributions as well.

mi16
04-Jul-11, 08:11
Where did I say that cancer is entirely down to smoking?
Are you disputing the fact that smoking causes many health issues then? perhaps you should remove your head from the sand.
I dont have any proof no, I am not a medical scientist.
I am not knocking smoking for the damage to the environment I am knocking it for the damage to the smoker and the NHS burden.
I think that I make quite a contribution in double dipping with road tax, MOT tests and fuel costs.
To be honest i dont think there is a great deal of smog in Thurso, Aberdeen or anywhere inbetween which is where 99% of my driving is carried out.

Walter Ego
04-Jul-11, 08:31
I have the answer.

Ban cigarettes.

Make the smokers continue to pay what would amount to the tax on a packet of ciggies.

The result would be healthier people with no loss of revenue to HMG. And the smokers would be spending less.

Doreen
04-Jul-11, 08:37
Are you disputing the fact that smoking causes many health issues then? perhaps you should remove your head from the sand.
I am not knocking smoking for the damage to the environment I am knocking it for the damage to the smoker and the NHS burden.
I think that I make quite a contribution in double dipping with road tax, MOT tests and fuel costs.
To be honest i dont think there is a great deal of smog in Thurso, Aberdeen or anywhere inbetween which is where 99% of my driving is carried out.So just say if i travelled to work every day on a train or a bus that the fumes id be breathing in would not be as bad for me as smoking. And also the rise in Asthma in children and adults has risen so i suppose thats because of all this disgusting smokers And we pay our NI contributions as well i can assure you theres more than smokers is a burden to the NHS after all we pay our NI we Are all entitiled to health care and you drving two cars about has got a cheek to commen on smokers get a grip .

mi16
04-Jul-11, 08:50
So just say if i travelled to work every day on a train or a bus that the fumes id be breathing in would not be as bad for me as smoking. .
Agreed, I doubt there will be much in the way of fumes in a bus or train, perhaps if your lips were pursed to the exhaust it wouldnt be great for you, but sitting on the seat you will be just fine.

And also the rise in Asthma in children and adults has risen so i suppose thats because of all this disgusting smokers .
No I doubt if it is, unless of course they are in the vicinity of a smoker on a regular basis.

And we pay our NI contributions as well i can assure you theres more than smokers is a burden to the NHS after all we pay our NI we Are all entitiled to health care .
You pay the same NI though as a non smoker, Im not saying in all cases but in the majority, smoking leads to health issues in one way or another that need medical treatment. As a smoker you have willfully brought these increased risks upon yourself hence you should have to pay for the increased risk by way of higher NI payments.

and you drving two cars about has got a cheek to commen on smokers get a grip .
No I am a normal human being hence I can only drive one car at a time! Therefore can you please explain how I damage the environment any more than a person who owns one car?

Do you own a car Doreen?

Doreen
04-Jul-11, 09:18
Agreed, I doubt there will be much in the way of fumes in a bus or train, perhaps if your lips were pursed to the exhaust it wouldnt be great for you, but sitting on the seat you will be just fine.

No I doubt if it is, unless of course they are in the vicinity of a smoker on a regular basis.

You pay the same NI though as a non smoker, Im not saying in all cases but in the majority, smoking leads to health issues in one way or another that need medical treatment. As a smoker you have willfully brought these increased risks upon yourself hence you should have to pay for the increased risk by way of higher NI payments.

No I am a normal human being hence I can only drive one car at a time! Therefore can you please explain how I damage the environment any more than a person who owns one car?

Do you own a car Doreen?Yes i do own a car and now whats your point because i smoke you dont does that make me less a person than you i have the right to my choices in my life i know smoking is not good but all you non smokers have got no right to discriminate us its our choice we dont need people like you gobbing of i pay my way in my life and nobody is going to bully me or discriminate me for the choices i make you are as much to blame for the enviroment as me and your not any better person than i am.

Walter Ego
04-Jul-11, 09:25
Teddy bear launch imminent.

Teddy bear warning Red.

pmcd
04-Jul-11, 09:31
Incoming teddy bear, with tinfoil helmet. Never take on the entrenched.

2010 figures. Sources - NHS, HMRC

Cost of smokers to the NHS - £5bn

Revenue from Smokers (Excise Duty & VAT) - £10.5bn.

Doreen
04-Jul-11, 09:31

Teddy bear warning Red.No you will be glad to know ats my last comment and rant im just gonna chill now go for a nice relaxing drive in my car and have a smoke.

mi16
04-Jul-11, 09:54
Yes i do own a car and now whats your point because i smoke you dont does that make me less a person than you i have the right to my choices in my life i know smoking is not good but all you non smokers have got no right to discriminate us its our choice we dont need people like you gobbing of i pay my way in my life and nobody is going to bully me or discriminate me for the choices i make you are as much to blame for the enviroment as me and your not any better person than i am.

My word what a long sentance!
My point regarding the car is that you are very keen to talk down motoring as being the root of all evil and now it transpires that you are a car owner, a touch hypocritical no?
I am not trying to bully or discriminate you or anyone else, please accept my upmost apologies if it is coming across as this.
My point is that as an earlier poster has pointed out smokers are a burden on the NHS to the tune of £5bn, i appreciate that you guys and gals generate £10.5bn to the economy but with the NHS at near breaking point I dont think the smokers revenue is injected into the NHS. The same way as the road fund licence and fuel duty is not injected back into the roads of the country.

If £5bn is the annual burden on the NHS then there is apparantly 21% of UK adults who smoke which equates to roughly 13m people.
If each one of those contributed just £1.06 per day to the NHS then the cost of treating the side effects of their habit would be covered, a bargain IMHO!
I gusee instead of my earlier increased NI idea simply adding £1.50 to a packet of 20 ciggies should about cover it. Provided the revenue goes directly to the NHS.

pmcd
04-Jul-11, 10:09
Agreed. The tax is not hypothecated. But that's the government's smoke and mirrors, not the smokers'.

When smokers comprise 3% of the population, lighting up anywhere will be met with a prison sentence.

When smokers comprise 0% of the population, the joyless will find another target to regulate and abolish.

Majorities bully, and any morality they may originally have is obscured by the desire to control as their numbers grow.

"1984" and "Fahrenheit 451" require re-reading!

Doreen
04-Jul-11, 10:18
My word what a long sentance!
My point regarding the car is that you are very keen to talk down motoring as being the root of all evil and now it transpires that you are a car owner, a touch hypocritical no?
I am not trying to bully or discriminate you or anyone else, please accept my upmost apologies if it is coming across as this.
My point is that as an earlier poster has pointed out smokers are a burden on the NHS to the tune of £5bn, i appreciate that you guys and gals generate £10.5bn to the economy but with the NHS at near breaking point I dont think the smokers revenue is injected into the NHS. The same way as the road fund licence and fuel duty is not injected back into the roads of the country.

If £5bn is the annual burden on the NHS then there is apparantly 21% of UK adults who smoke which equates to roughly 13m people.
If each one of those contributed just £1.06 per day to the NHS then the cost of treating the side effects of their habit would be covered, a bargain IMHO!
I gusee instead of my earlier increased NI idea simply adding £1.50 to a packet of 20 ciggies should about cover it. Provided the revenue goes directly to the NHS.Im still here and i would say your scrapping the barrel now at the way i wrote my sentance you are having a go at me i thinks is there anything else you would like to disciminate me about well let me tell you come of your throne and come to the real world Mr or Mrs IM Perfect take your head out of your backside instead of finding little smug remarks about my writing coward

Doreen
04-Jul-11, 10:21

Teddy bear warning Red.Sorry Walter i AM done now promise lol

mi16
04-Jul-11, 10:24
I never had a go, I merely mentioned that it was a long sentance.
I never said anywhere that I was perfect, far from it in fact.
No need to resort to abuse now Doreen, that dummy could have someone's eye out!

Doreen
04-Jul-11, 10:31
I never had a go, I merely mentioned that it was a long sentance.
I never said anywhere that I was perfect, far from it in fact.
No need to resort to abuse now Doreen, that dummy could have someone's eye out!Oh diddums i think if i spit the dummy out it would be better in your mouth and i did not give you abuse you are a bully and a coward and i would say it to your face go in a room and have a few word wi yerself abuse pffft.

shazzap
04-Jul-11, 10:34
There are, many more carcinogens out there. besides cigarettes.

mi16
04-Jul-11, 11:10
Oh diddums i think if i spit the dummy out it would be better in your mouth and i did not give you abuse you are a bully and a coward and i would say it to your face go in a room and have a few word wi yerself abuse pffft.

OK I know I should let this lie but, can you please explain to me exactly where I have bullied you or behaved in a cowardly fashion?

mi16
04-Jul-11, 11:12
Indeed any other things cause Cancer but smoking has to be up there, smoking also causes many other health issues bedises cancer.
That being said we all have to die of something

RecQuery
04-Jul-11, 11:45
LOL this thread is full of fallacies and dodgy debating, Some of them are so stereotypical that I'm thinking about starting a collection.

shazzap
04-Jul-11, 11:48
LOL this thread is full of fallacies and dodgy debating, Some of them are so stereotypical that I'm thinking about starting a collection.

Expand, please.

RecQuery
04-Jul-11, 12:00
Too lazy right now but:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies)
http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/
http://www.don-lindsay-archive.org/skeptic/arguments.html

sandyr1
04-Jul-11, 22:18

You may be quite wrong most of the time, but we can forgive you as we know where you live!!! Without Prejudice.........................of course

Rheghead
04-Jul-11, 22:51
Incoming teddy bear, with tinfoil helmet. Never take on the entrenched.

2010 figures. Sources - NHS, HMRC

Cost of smokers to the NHS - £5bn

Revenue from Smokers (Excise Duty & VAT) - £10.5bn.

I'll take those figures at face value, interesting, thank you for letting us know. But there are other costs due to smoking as well as those to the NHS and there are other medical conditions which mean costs to the NHS which are probably exacerbated by or linked to smoking but not necessarily caused by smoking or costed towards smoking like heart disease, non vascular cancers etc. I know there is a lot of epidemiological uncertainty but it still needs to be acknowledged.

There are costs to the welfare state regarding lieu payments due to a loss of a bread winner in the home, loss of earnings and productivity due to absenteeism/sickness. Also, huge social costs from a death in the family causing, grief, need for counselling, family dysfunctionality etc etc

Of course I could say the same about alcohol and recreational drugs but to say that smokers pay their way on the NHS is much of an over-simplification by quoting NHS costs against tax revenues from tobacco.

Walter Ego
05-Jul-11, 07:15
Smokers?

Bandy legged, brown toothed miserable specimens. They stink. They are unfit, unhealthy and generally look like they've been kippered by the time they are in their late forties.

Did I mention that they stink?

In the workplace, they cannot go for more than half an hour without whining that they must go out to remain virtually motionless for ten minutes whilst their colleagues do their work for them. No-one else does that. If a non-smoker went into the moist eyed 'pity me' routine with their boss after they'd been been grilled for skyving - they'd be laughed out of the building. Yet we apparently are to pander to these loathsome and selfish smokers. And they stink.

Endlessly wailing about how it's so 'unfair' and that it is their 'right' to inflict their pointless pastime on the rest of us, they stain everything they touch, make those around them suffer the indignity of having to breathe in their foul exhalations and then litter the streets with their discards.

And they stink.

They should be herded into cages, jetwashed and and then lowered down the chimney of a third world chemical processing plant.

Did I mention just how much they stink?

mi16
05-Jul-11, 07:36
Do you not like the stale smoke smell then Walter?

Phill
05-Jul-11, 09:33
They should be herded into cages, jetwashed and and then lowered down the chimney of a third world chemical processing plant.Hmmm, cracking idea. But will the tax revenue offset the cost?

NickInTheNorth
05-Jul-11, 09:50
just make sure they are herded there and not driven...

Tugmistress
05-Jul-11, 10:55
Smokers?

Bandy legged, brown toothed miserable specimens. They stink. They are unfit, unhealthy and generally look like they've been kippered by the time they are in their late forties.

In the workplace, they cannot go for more than half an hour without whining that they must go out to remain virtually motionless for ten minutes whilst their colleagues do their work for them. No-one else does that. If a non-smoker went into the moist eyed 'pity me' routine with their boss after they'd been been grilled for skyving - they'd be laughed out of the building. Yet we apparently are to pander to these loathsome and selfish smokers. And they stink.

Endlessly wailing about how it's so 'unfair' and that it is their 'right' to inflict their pointless pastime on the rest of us, they stain everything they touch, make those around them suffer the indignity of having to breathe in their foul exhalations and then litter the streets with their discards.

And they stink.

They should be herded into cages, jetwashed and and then lowered down the chimney of a third world chemical processing plant.

OK, by your estimation i am bandy legged? not that i know of
i am brown toothed? mine are more yellow ;)
i stink? depends what of lol yes you will smell fag smoke on me for a while after i have had a fag
i am unfit? not considering i pass a medical every 2 years for my job
look like i've been kippered? i'll assume that means old and wrinkly and smell like a fish - no to both and i am 45 this year.

you think you pander to us? it's more and more that the smoker is having to pander to the non smokers as has been pointed out somewhere us smokers are in the minority now.

personally i try to smoke either downwind of any non smokers around or i go away entirely.

it's very rare i smoke in my own home as my hubby doesn't smoke and the smell of it can actually make him physically ill

i have a nice big green 'ashtray' outside my front door, i use the ashtray in my car.

what i don't understand is you say you have to breathe our smokey axhalations, why stand downwind then? go upwind and problem solved ;)

can i just be left in peace to kill myself or if i so choose at some point in the future to stop? no, that ain't going to happen because i'm a smoker, a leper, a piece of filth not worth the air i breath according to some, but it takes all sorts to make the world go round and i believe in live and let live, so carry on with the bully boy tactics, making us all feel inferior, are you perfect?

Bazeye
05-Jul-11, 11:12
I dont pay tax on petrol as I dont drive and I dont pay tax on tobacco as I buy knockoff. On a different note when the smoking ban came into force I noticed the smell of stale sweat, sick and the toilets in certain un-named drinking establishments. Actually preferred the smoke as did my wife who's a non smoker.

pmcd
05-Jul-11, 11:13
Well said, Tugmistress! No,your critics are not perfect, but smokers, as I keep on saying, are an EASY target.

With apologies to John Milton

"Him th'Almighty power
Hurled headlong, flaming, from th'ethereal sky
With hideous ruin and combustion
Down to bottomless perdition, there to dwell
In adamantine chains, and penal fire
Who durst gainsay the anti-smokers' hate"

Pass me a lucifer. I wish to set a bonfire under any little person who thinks that smokers "stink". Stale tobacco is NOT the over-riding smell on the Wick bus!

shazzap
05-Jul-11, 11:18
Smokers?

And they stink.

Your comments are very derogatory.

Bazeye
05-Jul-11, 12:00

Wonder if he'd say something similar about a certain religious group that had to stop wok, however namy times a day it is, to pray?

Corrie 3
05-Jul-11, 12:04
are you perfect?
Of course he is Tug's, I would have thought you knew that by now.
Our Walter is the most perfect Man on the Org followed closely by Weezer.

I know that I would like to do with the pair of them!!!!

C3.....:Razz:roll:;).

mi16
05-Jul-11, 12:28

C3.....:Razz:roll:;).

Perhaps this is one for the singletons thread!!

Doreen
05-Jul-11, 12:28
Me to they need to grow up.Well said Tuggs give it to em.

mi16
05-Jul-11, 12:30
aah the elusive Doreen
Still no explanation to your bullying accusations I see!!

Koi
05-Jul-11, 12:43
Oh dear....the dummies have been spat out again.

Honestly why does a topic like this end up in personal attacks and posters playing the "he started it" card. Debate does not include personal attacks. Surely as adults you should be able to debate about a topic without resorting to personal attacks and taking everything personal?

mi16
05-Jul-11, 12:54
Nope no dummy spitting here, merely looking for some clarification on some accusations.

GetWithTheTimes
05-Jul-11, 13:18

My God! I still cant believe that people like you exist lol very snobby indeed lol and very short minded, and you moved to wick to get away from the general unwashed masses hahahaha dont make me laugh hahaha wick is full of just as many smokers as anywhere else lol and its not called dirty wick coz of the mass amounts of extremely clean healthy snobby people lol

i used to be a smoker and hated people whining about the smell of smoke, first they have to stand outside to smoke then people greet about having to walk past smokers lol bloody ridiculous some people just not happy unless they complaining about something

The thing is Doreen if you smoke you dont relise it but you have no sense of smell or taste but if you stopped smoking for a couple of weeks you would get your sense of smell and taste back and would relise that stink of smoke is bad and a smokers clothes stinks and if you smoke inside your home that will stink as well sorry.
There away to try a ban on outdoor smoking in new york and if it works there its just a matter of time before everyone follows suit times are changing

i can agree once you quit the smell of smoke is horrendous lol it really goes for me now but i dont go about shouting it should be banned its personal choice and people should get a grip and expect everyone to be the way they want them to be

I can definately see it happening in the next 10-20 years.

Local councils can (and have) banned drinking alcohol outside. I can't see how smoking could be treated any differently.

It will be interesting to see what happens in that towwn in the newspaper report.

drinking in public causes more problems than smoking in public i hardly see how they can be compared, you are more likely to see 2 people fighting in the street drinking than having a fag which is likely the main reason drinking in the streets was banned due to violence there isnt the same issue with smoking

I'm quite happy to take the "If you don't like it don't watch it or do it" approach, but you'd have to apply it to everything.

spraying deoderant in someones face is hardly the same thing, im pretty sure you would rather stand next to someone smoking than get a can of deoderant in your face, maybe your deoderant is disgusting and would make other people gag, maybe you should think on the word stink, lots of things can stink just because you dont like the smell of something doesnt mean it should be banned

So you are trying to say Requery that i go up to people and blow smoke in peoples face god grow up i think you need to go and have a we word wi yeself how stupid that statment was and ive got every right to smoke beside a bus shelter as long as im not in it its about time smokers got to smoke inside public places now because all the smokers are moaning about us smoking outside je whizz what a bunch o moaners .

exactly moaning animals

How much do you spend on fags in a month?

i agree since stopping smoking i can smell it from a good distance but i dont expect everyone to be confined to their own house to smoke, the ban on smoking in pubs i like because even when i smoked the build up of smoke in pubs while i was drinking made me wheezy but to ban the people from smoking outside when they already banned from smoking inside is a ridiculous notion

Really snobby comment i cant understand how up yourself and short minded people that leave comments like you are, just reading the snobby little remarks and simple minded comments made by people with your opinions on life makes my blood boil and that of many others here too i imagine

I think that smokers should be forced to pay more NI contributions to cover the cost of their inevitable medical treatments. I know if they had a similar scheme in place when I smoked then I would have stopped it much sooner.

what about all the road accidents and pollution from cars maybe you should pay more then maybe you would quit driving a long time ago, the point the smokers are making about the cars is they are doing no more damage than the drivers in fact they must pollute less as there are more drivers than smokers and a fag smells woopty doo so does the fumes of a car, fags kill so do cars, its not about cars or fags its freedom of choice everyone should have the choice to drive or smoke or both or none

To be honest i dont think there is a great deal of smog in Thurso, Aberdeen or anywhere inbetween which is where 99% of my driving is carried out.

drinking and obesity are a burden to nhs too but we wont ban excessive eating or drinking in pubs so why should smoking be banned, its all the chemicals that are added to the tobacco that is bad anyway not the tobacco itself, where is my proof??? plenty of indians smoke tobacco the right kind of tobacco not the rubbish we smoke and they dont have bad health and cancer riddling them and i know plenty of smokers who go to the gym regular and are perfectly healthy, the amount of really old people who have smoked all their life and have no ill effects is just some proof that passive smoke cant be damaging to the level you all make out it is

Smoking is a habbit i think people would benifit from NOT having but that doesnt give me or anyone else the right to decide whether other people should smoke as long as the person isnt harming someone else, and no passive smoke isnt harming anyone else a study in america showed that the difference in the number of people with lung cancer who smoked and didnt smoke wasnt big enough to positively put smoking as the cause of lung cancer i will try and find the study and link it

theone
05-Jul-11, 13:47
drinking in public causes more problems than smoking in public i hardly see how they can be compared, you are more likely to see 2 people fighting in the street drinking than having a fag which is likely the main reason drinking in the streets was banned due to violence there isnt the same issue with smoking

I wasn't comparing drinking to smoking.

I was addressing the notion that "they" couldn't ban people doing what "we" want or chose to do.

One council is now beginning the process of banning smoking in public places. It would be niave to think others couldn't, or wouldn't follow.

theone
05-Jul-11, 13:52
and no passive smoke isnt harming anyone else a study in america showed that the difference in the number of people with lung cancer who smoked and didnt smoke wasnt big enough to positively put smoking as the cause of lung cancer

Not finding a positive link to lung cancer and declaring passive smoking as "isn't harming anyone" are two COMPLETELY different things.

GetWithTheTimes
05-Jul-11, 13:57
I wasn't comparing drinking to smoking.

I was addressing the notion that "they" couldn't ban people doing what "we" want or chose to do.

One council is now beginning the process of banning smoking in public places. It would be niave to think others couldn't, or wouldn't follow.

I'ts possible but i just don't think it will ever happen people will smoke and i don't see a law changing it the government cant let as many people get addicted as there are and then try and force them to smoke only in their homes. i think its unfair to ask smokers to hide indoors to have a cigarette, nobody else would be asked to go hide indoors to do anything they wanted so why should smokers? just my opinion of course but i dont see why people have to be such moaning animals about stuff

GetWithTheTimes
05-Jul-11, 14:03
Not finding a positive link to lung cancer and declaring passive smoking as "isn't harming anyone" are two COMPLETELY different things.

just my opinion from what i have experienced during my life that yes smoking can have health risks but passive smoking no i just don't believe for a second that passive smoking is bad for peoples health, its not nice i agree with that i used to smoke myself but to make people go smoke in a box or in there own homes just because you find it unpleasant is unfair, lots of people find lots of things unpleasant if we all moaned about it and made laws against it we would all be just sitting indoors! wheres the fun in that?

theone
05-Jul-11, 14:11
just my opinion from what i have experienced during my life that yes smoking can have health risks but passive smoking no i just don't believe for a second that passive smoking is bad for peoples health, its not nice i agree with that i used to smoke myself but to make people go smoke in a box or in there own homes just because you find it unpleasant is unfair, lots of people find lots of things unpleasant if we all moaned about it and made laws against it we would all be just sitting indoors! wheres the fun in that?

Passive smoking poses a range of health risks.

Google it. You'll find links to a mountain of scientific study.

Health issues from childhood asthma, birth defects, dermatitis and cot death to cancer have been linked to the dangers of passive smoking.

I think it is scientific fact. To "not believe for a second that passive smoking is bad for peoples health" is, in my opinion, incredible.

mi16
05-Jul-11, 14:12

Drinking in public is already illegal mate, as is fighting in the street.

i agree since stopping smoking i can smell it from a good distance but i dont expect everyone to be confined to their own house to smoke, the ban on smoking in pubs i like because even when i smoked the build up of smoke in pubs while i was drinking made me wheezy but to ban the people from smoking outside when they already banned from smoking inside is a ridiculous notion

Yes i agree the smoking ban is flawed, smoking should be permitted in designated, properly vented areas only

what about all the road accidents and pollution from cars maybe you should pay more then maybe you would quit driving a long time ago, the point the smokers are making about the cars is they are doing no more damage than the drivers in fact they must pollute less as there are more drivers than smokers and a fag smells woopty doo so does the fumes of a car, fags kill so do cars, its not about cars or fags its freedom of choice everyone should have the choice to drive or smoke or both or none

I think the British motorist already pays royally for the privelidge of driving. I am all for the congestion charges etc in heavily polluted or populated areas, however this is not the case in Caithness. I am not querying who does the damage to whom all I stated was that the burden they impose on the NHS could and should be alleviated by the introduction of a £1.50 levvy on a pack of 20 cigarettes. The think with car accidents is that it is an "accidennt" smoking related illness is DELIBERATE.

drinking and obesity are a burden to nhs too but we wont ban excessive eating or drinking in pubs so why should smoking be banned, its all the chemicals that are added to the tobacco that is bad anyway not the tobacco itself, where is my proof??? plenty of indians smoke tobacco the right kind of tobacco not the rubbish we smoke and they dont have bad health and cancer riddling them and i know plenty of smokers who go to the gym regular and are perfectly healthy, the amount of really old people who have smoked all their life and have no ill effects is just some proof that passive smoke cant be damaging to the level you all make out it is

Indeed drinking and eating are also burdens on the NHS but there isnt the same cast in stone proof there about the damage that is caused to such a high percentage of partakers.
I am all for scrapping the NHS and goint to an insurance based health system where we all pay a premium based on our own condition. However then the issue of treating the folk on benifits comes into question.
I am not sure about your passiver smoking comment, if you are a smoker then you wont suffer with passive smoking you will suffer from a smoking related illness in all probability.
All you need on passive smoking see Roy Castle

mi16
05-Jul-11, 14:13
Passive smoking poses a range of health risks.

Google it. You'll find links to a mountain of scientific study.

Health issues from childhood asthma, birth defects, dermatitis and cot death to cancer have been linked to the dangers of passive smoking.

I think it is scientific fact. To "not believe for a second that passive smoking is bad for peoples health" is, in my opinion, incredible.

Its not incerbible it ignorance!

Bazeye
05-Jul-11, 14:34
If certain folk dont like people smoking in pub doorways etc, does that mean that when its decent weather and Im enjoying my pint and my smoke outside in the sunshine I can tell all the non smokers to get back inside?

mi16
05-Jul-11, 14:37
If youo are in the pub doorway drinking then you can get arrested mate

Bazeye
05-Jul-11, 14:38
http://forum.caithness.org/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by GetWithTheTimes http://forum.caithness.org/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?p=866561#post866561)

I can visualise a bit of fighting in the street when the PCSO's, traffic wardens and members of the public, who are going to be policing this harebrained scheme, ask certain people to put their ciggies out.

Bazeye
05-Jul-11, 14:39
If youo are in the pub doorway drinking then you can get arrested mate

Who mentioned drinking in the pub doorway?

mi16
05-Jul-11, 14:41
yep misread sorry.
You can tell them to go inside if you wish, you may get a curt response though

Walter Ego
05-Jul-11, 14:45
OK, by your estimation i am bandy legged? not that i know of
i am brown toothed? mine are more yellow
i stink? depends what of lol yes you will smell fag smoke on me for a while after i have had a fag
i am unfit? not considering i pass a medical every 2 years for my job
look like i've been kippered? i'll assume that means old and wrinkly and smell like a fish - no to both and i am 45 this year.

you think you pander to us? it's more and more that the smoker is having to pander to the non smokers as has been pointed out somewhere us smokers are in the minority now.

personally i try to smoke either downwind of any non smokers around or i go away entirely.

it's very rare i smoke in my own home as my hubby doesn't smoke and the smell of it can actually make him physically ill

i have a nice big green 'ashtray' outside my front door, i use the ashtray in my car.

what i don't understand is you say you have to breathe our smokey axhalations, why stand downwind then? go upwind and problem solved

can i just be left in peace to kill myself or if i so choose at some point in the future to stop? no, that ain't going to happen because i'm a smoker, a leper, a piece of filth not worth the air i breath according to some, but it takes all sorts to make the world go round and i believe in live and let live, so carry on with the bully boy tactics, making us all feel inferior, are you perfect?

C3......

Me to they need to grow up.Well said Tuggs give it to em.

Walter get heap big scalps. So easy Walters squaw could take them.

Walter go into tipi, smoke heap big pipe and laugh all night.

[lol]

shazzap
05-Jul-11, 14:46
I am all for scrapping the NHS and goint to an insurance based health system where we all pay a premium based on our own condition. However then the issue of treating the folk on benifits comes into question.

[/QUOTE]

Your assuming, that you will always be able to pay into this then.
You will not get any illnesses forcing you to stop work.

sandyr1
05-Jul-11, 14:56
Get WTT...Didn't you advocate 'smoking' in another thread?

mi16
05-Jul-11, 14:56

You will not get any illnesses forcing you to stop work.[/QUOTE]

Read the post again, I think you will find me mentioning benefits

GetWithTheTimes
05-Jul-11, 15:00
a ban on smoking outside will be just as effective as the ban on drinking outdoors has been lol "not very" every year there are loads of people drinking on the beach and at thurso east loads of people drink in their gardens during good weather and people walk back and fore from houses drinking, even now im in the city and there is cameras all over and people just drink no bother hitting the weekends especially lol, i dont think it will make much difference if they banned smoking outside to be honest people would still do it the same as they drink outside still, and lots of times i have ben at the pub or passed the pub and people are drinking outside and the police have passed and done nothing because its just not worth the hassle they cant stop everyone drinking outside so unless they causing a nuisance of themselves will be left alone, there are more important things to deal with lol

shazzap
05-Jul-11, 15:02
You will not get any illnesses forcing you to stop work.

Read the post again, I think you will find me mentioning benefits[/QUOTE]

I do not need to read again. I know you mentioned benefits. But, you also said. Your preference, would be, to pay an insurance based premium.
If this were the case. All not able to pay into the system, would be treated like, second class citizens. Like in America.

mi16
05-Jul-11, 15:04
Correct...........

shazzap
05-Jul-11, 15:10
Correct...........

Correct, benefits????
OR
Correct, treated like second class citizens???????????

GetWithTheTimes
05-Jul-11, 15:12
Get WTT...Didn't you advocate 'smoking' in another thread?

im not saying you shouldnt smoke i am saying people who do shouldnt be made to smoke only at home, i quit smoking a year ago and i dont sit moaning at other people who smoke around me even tho i hate the smell of smoke now myself, smoke if you want dont smoke if you dont want to the point is its the individual persons choice and they shouldnt be cast away just because they smoke

so what exactly is your point? i dont get what your saying by "didnt i advocate smoking in another thread" this whole thread i said i quit but dont expect others to smoke away from me just because i quit and people shouldnt be banned from smoking outside but i agree with the ban on smoking indoors even when i was still smoking

i quit because of the cost of smoking its a waste of money in my opinion now but each to their own im not trying to damn people that smoke lol just because i dont smoke now

mi16
05-Jul-11, 15:15
Correct, benefits????
OR
Correct, treated like second class citizens???????????

Second class citizent bit. If you dont cough up you get the minimum treatment required.
The NHS can no longer cope with todays society.

shazzap
05-Jul-11, 15:30
Second class citzen bit. If you dont cough up you get the minimum treatment required.
The NHS can no longer cope with todays society.

I am not on benefits myself, and believe we all have the right to proper care. So you think that, those receiving benefits, for whatever reason. be it illness, or just cannot find work. Are not as worthy as yourself. I hope you never have the miss fortune, to find yourself, ill, or out of work. What will you advocate next. A master race.

mi16
05-Jul-11, 15:42
I never stated if folk were worthy or not, I am not any better then anyone else mate.
My ststement was that I believe the NHS can no longer cope and as such we should move to a system where you pay for your health care privately which to be fair is in existance to a certain extent, if you want a procedure doing quickly you pay for it, need your teeth seen to you pay for it, eyes done yup you pay for it.
NHS should then be retained for kids, pregnant women and those that cannot pay for treatment, be it elderly, poor, waster or whatever.

shazzap
05-Jul-11, 15:56
I never stated if folk were worthy or not, I am not any better then anyone else mate.
My ststement was that I believe the NHS can no longer cope and as such we should move to a system where you pay for your health care privately which to be fair is in existance to a certain extent, if you want a procedure doing quickly you pay for it, need your teeth seen to you pay for it, eyes done yup you pay for it.
NHS should then be retained for kids, pregnant women and those that cannot pay for treatment, be it elderly, poor, waster or whatever.

Mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mi16
05-Jul-11, 16:00
Mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What??????????

Bazeye
05-Jul-11, 16:58
However then the issue of treating the folk on benifits comes into question.

Not to mention the newly arrived to this country who havent paid a penny into the system. Thats just about the lot covered now, smoking outdoors, drinking outdoors, car ownership and immigration.

mi16
05-Jul-11, 17:03
What will they try to ban next..............the thread that keeps on giving.
Totally agree on banning immigrants from any health care at all unless they make a lump sum payment for each year of their life.

shazzap
05-Jul-11, 18:29
Not to mention the newly arrived to this country who havent paid a penny into the system. Thats just about the lot covered now, smoking outdoors, drinking outdoors, car ownership and immigration.

Bazeye. I didn.t post the quote, you quoted me on.

oldmarine
05-Jul-11, 18:53
Doreen: You have made yourself famous (infamous?) with your comments. Brilliant? I don't believe so.

oldmarine
05-Jul-11, 18:58
a ban on smoking outside will be just as effective as the ban on drinking outdoors has been lol "not very" every year there are loads of people drinking on the beach and at thurso east loads of people drink in their gardens during good weather and people walk back and fore from houses drinking, even now im in the city and there is cameras all over and people just drink no bother hitting the weekends especially lol, i dont think it will make much difference if they banned smoking outside to be honest people would still do it the same as they drink outside still, and lots of times i have ben at the pub or passed the pub and people are drinking outside and the police have passed and done nothing because its just not worth the hassle they cant stop everyone drinking outside so unless they causing a nuisance of themselves will be left alone, there are more important things to deal with lol

GetWiththeTimes: Much of your comment makes good sense. However you will get disagreement from many posters.

sandyr1
05-Jul-11, 22:01
im not saying you shouldnt smoke i am saying people who do shouldnt be made to smoke only at home, i quit smoking a year ago and i dont sit moaning at other people who smoke around me even tho i hate the smell of smoke now myself, smoke if you want dont smoke if you dont want to the point is its the individual persons choice and they shouldnt be cast away just because they smoke

so what exactly is your point? i dont get what your saying by "didnt i advocate smoking in another thread" this whole thread i said i quit but dont expect others to smoke away from me just because i quit and people shouldnt be banned from smoking outside but i agree with the ban on smoking indoors even when i was still smoking

i quit because of the cost of smoking its a waste of money in my opinion now but each to their own im not trying to damn people that smoke lol just because i dont smoke now

In Sept 2010 you were advocating smoking Marihuana, and asking all to join you on Nov 6th....

Bazeye
05-Jul-11, 22:34
You can smoke weed without tobacco.

golach
05-Jul-11, 22:41
In Sept 2010 you were advocating smoking Marihuana, and asking all to join you on Nov 6th....
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?120152-Protest-In-Birmingham/page13&highlight=getwiththetimes

your are correct Sandy, the same thread brought the usual junkies out in force

sandyr1
05-Jul-11, 22:47

I am sure we can listen to the experts.

Bazeye
06-Jul-11, 01:26
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?120152-Protest-In-Birmingham/page13&highlight=getwiththetimes

I can afford it. I dont have to pay tax on tobacco or pay for any petrol.

ducati
06-Jul-11, 07:35
I don't like smoking I'm particularly annoyed when I'm walking behind someone on the street and it wafts into my face or if I'm standing at a bus stop and someone is smoking.

I too find that diesel worse than smoking research to be rather counter intuitive, from a quick journal search it seems the reverse is true, there's a large body of research that indicates that smoking is much worse than diesel.

Get a car and close the windows, then open them again and it should be OK [lol]

ducati
06-Jul-11, 07:45

A Walter :eek:

Shabbychic
06-Jul-11, 13:06
A Walter :eek:

Haha.....so that would be a "Walter of Tories" then? I like it.

GetWithTheTimes
06-Jul-11, 13:42

what's that got to do with me saying there shouldn't be a ban on smoking outdoors

you certainly can you don't even need to smoke it

aye and brought the uneducated moron's out too! who know nothing on the subject other than the usual rubbish and anti cannabis propaganda and they dish out stereotypical slander making themselves appear more foolish than they actually are

I don't care what people think of me or my views lol i just come on here to voice them so to speak, im not looking to fit in or be accepted by snooty discriminative members of .org im here just to have my say like everybody else and maybe make some friends with people who are not pure mental orgers like some of the ones i have met previously

sandyr1
06-Jul-11, 14:27
what's that got to do with me saying there shouldn't be a ban on smoking outdoors

you certainly can you don't even need to smoke it

aye and brought the uneducated moron's out too! who know nothing on the subject other than the usual rubbish and anti cannabis propaganda and they dish out stereotypical slander making themselves appear more foolish than they actually are

I don't care what people think of me or my views lol i just come on here to voice them so to speak, im not looking to fit in or be accepted by snooty discriminative members of .org im here just to have my say like everybody else and maybe make some friends with people who are not pure mental orgers like some of the ones i have met previously

Take a look at what you say at the bottom of your 'page'. You don't take offence...but then you slag people. You were going to have a 'smoke out' in Nov., but you quit smoking over a year ago...Dear me!
So if some people think that Drugs are illegal and you don't.. we have a difference of opinion...But which one is correct. Perhaps you cannot see the forest for the smoke!

GetWithTheTimes
06-Jul-11, 15:29
Take a look at what you say at the bottom of your 'page'. You don't take offence...but then you slag people. You were going to have a 'smoke out' in Nov., but you quit smoking over a year ago...Dear me!
So if some people think that Drugs are illegal and you don't.. we have a difference of opinion...But which one is correct. Perhaps you cannot see the forest for the smoke!

i only slag the people who were slagging cannabis users calling them wasters and the great unwashed and junkies, these people jumped into the thread about legalising cannabis protest with the only goal of slagging and putting down cannabis users, i have plenty friends who dont smoke cannabis but also dont sit slagging cannabis users off they simply just dont smoke it, on here is a different case you have people coming in a thread and discriminating against cannabis users or staffy owners or whatever it may be with no other intent than to mock and ridicule people that don't have the same opinion as them

and i was gonna have a smoke out in november so what? i smoke cannabis what has that got to do with me saying smoking shouldn't be banned outside? i dont smoke tobacco in my joints or bongs haven't smoked tobacco in a year yet i still think there shouldn't be a ban on smoking outside, i was arguing for the rights of the smokers

if i think it should be legal and you dont fair enough but i dont go around calling non users names so why are they calllng the users junkies and great unwashed or wasters, maybe if you met a real junkie on heroin maybe you would refrain from calling cannabis smokers junkies 2 very different types of drug user, but i dont expect anyone on here to agree with me, at least not in the thread as they dont want to be descriminated against by all the other org users for agreeing with me

i also dont see what your confusion is with me going to a legalise cannabis protest when i dont smoke tobacco, its simple i just smoke weed!

i think you will notice the part where i was slagging people calling them morons was just below another person calling all the people that agreed with the protest junkies.

we have a difference of opinion i smoke weed you dont, people on here who admit smoking pot will be called the great unwashed and junkies and whatever other names you use yet i am portrayed as the bad guy when i dont jump into your Knitting thread or whatever and call you manky knitters or pervy photographers or any other names i called the people who bombarded the thread morons and rightly so they were making negative descriminative remarks towards cannabis users completely unprevoked when i was trying to advertise a protest some users would of been interseted in, simply the people who dont agree with the protest should of kept their nose out i wasnt posting a discussion i was advertising a protest which led to alot of derogatory remarks being made towards the users of cannabis so i argued my point, i dont discriminate against people who dont smoke or dont own staffies so why should i sit and take abuse from them?

i have no interest in arguing the point any further i voiced my opinion and now you are just nit picking for lack of anything useful to do i imagine i cant see any other reason for you to continue to reffer to the protest thread and the fact i went to it

sandyr1
06-Jul-11, 15:38
I cannot understand you..If one goes back to the original Thread...no one and I again say no one called you or any other Mary Jane user...Unwashed, wasters, etc etc.
You Were The One to call Yourself that. Read the Thread. Who used thos terms in the beginning....You!
And Manky knitters/ pervy photographers......No one bombarded the Tread. You are the one breaking the laws of the land...not us.
Glad your going to quieten down and say no more.

GetWithTheTimes
06-Jul-11, 15:52
I cannot understand you..If one goes back to the original Thread...no one and I again say no one called you or any other Mary Jane user...Unwashed, wasters, etc etc.
You Were The One to call Yourself that. Read the Thread. Who used thos terms in the beginning....You!
And Manky knitters/ pervy photographers......No one bombarded the Tread. You are the one breaking the laws of the land...not us.
Glad your going to quieten down and say no more.

so golach isnt calling pot smokers junkies in the quote below?

and i think if you read the protest thread you will see plenty non pot smokers name calling the smokers

this is a good site just a pity there are people like you who have to troll threads and argue for the sake of arguing

i think maybe its you who needs to read the threads, and stop trying to argue and contribute an opinion on the topic people were discussing

this is the last thing i have to say on the subject though i imagine you will find someone else to argue with or troll some other threads whatever makes you happy its your life

pmcd
06-Jul-11, 16:56
Shabbychic/ducati -

Loved the idea of a "Walter" as a collective noun. Given the subject of smoking so predominant in this thread - would you call such a gathering to discuss such a topic a -

- wait for it! -

WALTER RALLY?????

My, how we laughed at the Home for the Bewildered.......!

sandyr1
06-Jul-11, 17:07
so golach isnt calling pot smokers junkies in the quote below?

this is a good site just a pity there are people like you who have to troll threads and argue for the sake of arguing

i think maybe its you who needs to read the threads, and stop trying to argue and contribute an opinion on the topic people were discussing

this is the last thing i have to say on the subject though i imagine you will find someone else to argue with or troll some other threads whatever makes you happy its your life

You are the one that used 'Unwashed'. Conjures up a good effect for you.
This Drug is considered illegal. Go for it.

Doreen
06-Jul-11, 17:43
[QUOTE=sandyr1;867003]You are the one that used 'Unwashed'. Conjures up a good effect for you.
This Drug is considered illegal. Go for it.[/Q Why dont we all start a new thread now who is the smelliest Smokers, Drunks,Drug Users .

sandyr1
06-Jul-11, 18:30
[QUOTE=sandyr1;867003]You are the one that used 'Unwashed'. Conjures up a good effect for you.
This Drug is considered illegal. Go for it.[/Q Why dont we all start a new thread now who is the smelliest Smokers, Drunks,Drug Users .

Like I said above...Go for it.

Doreen
06-Jul-11, 18:34
Is everybody asleep right we all had our differences still lots of different opinions about SMOKERS but as i said in my last thread who is the smelliest.[lol]

Doreen
06-Jul-11, 18:38
[QUOTE=Doreen;867009]

Like I said above...Go for it.Go for what do u smell:D:D

shazzap
06-Jul-11, 18:45
Stig of the dump. :lol:

Seriously. i think anyone who works with fish.

sandyr1
06-Jul-11, 20:17
Cheeze Whizzzzzzzz...where are we going now?

Corrie 3
06-Jul-11, 20:26
Cheeze Whizzzzzzzz...where are we going now?
Smell's Sandy.....What do you smell of??

C3.......:eek::roll:;)

sandyr1
06-Jul-11, 20:30
Wonderful.....

Corrie 3
06-Jul-11, 20:37
Wonderful.....
Thats good to hear Sandy, I love a person who smells wonderful!!!!

Me?......I smell of fags, fish, booze, sweaty feet, sweaty crotch and Wrights Coal Tar soap !!!!...It's no wonder I have Wimmin queuing at my back door!!!!

C3.....:roll::roll:;)

shazzap
06-Jul-11, 20:57

Me?......I smell of fags, fish, booze, sweaty feet, sweaty crotch and Wrights Coal Tar soap !!!!...It's no wonder I have Wimmin queuing at my back door!!!!

You just stink then???? Mwahahaha.

Corrie 3
06-Jul-11, 21:03
You just stink then???? Mwahahaha.
No !!!!!!!

lol.....

C3........:eek::roll::lol:

Bazeye
06-Jul-11, 21:16

False imprisonment is illegal as well. Let them out now.

Bazeye
06-Jul-11, 21:21
smell of fags, fish, booze, sweaty feet, sweaty crotch and Wrights Coal Tar soap !!!!...C3.....:roll::roll:;)

Reminds me of a club I used to frequent in Hamburg.

Corrie 3
06-Jul-11, 21:25
Reminds me of a club I used to frequent in Hamburg.
Forgot to mention crabs Baz, thanks for reminding me!!!!

C3....:eek::roll::lol:

Bazeye
06-Jul-11, 21:50
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1351174/African-country-set-make-breaking-wind-crime.html

Bazeye
07-Jul-11, 12:35
Might as well ban these as well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2012034/Could-scented-candles-kill-Theyre-womens-favourite-indulgence.html

RecQuery
07-Jul-11, 13:11
I'm not talking about banning anything outright, just banning some things in public where it could affect others.

Daily Fail/Wail links: -1000 points

sandyr1
07-Jul-11, 18:03
[QUOTE=RecQuery;867260]I'm not talking about banning anything outright, just banning some things in public where it could affect others.

I concur.

cramock
07-Aug-11, 09:34
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGApkbcaZK4 <-----part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAfKYWianso <-----part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmAjTI6_w5o <-----part 3