PDA

View Full Version : Wick High School - Now's your Chance

Venture
24-Sep-06, 13:02
Right, where are all the people who posted on this forum in various threads about Wick High School. We've had threads about uniform, discipline, bullying and the running of the school. Now is your chance to come forward and do something about it rather than voice your opinion on here.

If you have a child who attends Wick High School then you can find out how WHS works and help to improve it by becoming a member of the PTA. As well as organising fundraising to help provide additional resources to enrich your child's education you as a parent can have the opportunity to put forward any ideas you feel would improve the school. You can also volunteer your time or expertise to help with school projects or after school clubs etc.

A lot of people think the PTA is all meetings and serving on committees. Yes we do have meetings to discuss fundraising etc but there is more to it than that. It also gives you the chance to meet other parents, the teachers and the rector and openly discuss matters concerning the school. I can assure you they are a very friendly bunch and would welcome more input from parents.

Lets face it pupils and parents have all seen a big change in the school since the new rector took over but there is still room for improvement. What do you think should be changed or what can be done to benefit the school and the pupils? Dont keep your ideas to yourself let the PTA know by joining them.

The AGM is being held in Room B at Wick High School tomorrow Monday 25th September at 7pm. If you can spare a couple of hours please come along it could make an enormous difference to your child's education and levels of achievement.

dirdyweeker
24-Sep-06, 15:16
Well said Venture! So many people do come on the Forum to comment about matters at Wick High School. I am sure it would make all the difference if just a few of those people would come along to share ideas and offer some input.

The place then to be tomorrow night is definately Wick High School at 7p.m.!
Let's make it a well attended meeting..............

Venture
24-Sep-06, 19:27
Thanks dirdyweeker for your reply and obvious support. Pity there weren't more like you. Judging by the amount of interest in this thread we'll be knocked down in the rush tomorrow night...NOT.

Alice in Blunderland
24-Sep-06, 19:32
I thought the same thing a lot of people will point the finger and say how wrong something is but when the opportunity arrises to help there are not so many hands around.Can you post what happens tomorrow so that some of us can see as I doubt if I will make it along not avoiding just very busy (trying to move house) and already have a school meeting this week.:)

Venture
24-Sep-06, 19:38
Thanks for your interest Alice in Blunderland. Ill let you know what happens.

pultneytooner
24-Sep-06, 21:03
Thanks for your interest Alice in Blunderland. Ill let you know what happens.
The silence is deafening.;)

dirdyweeker
25-Sep-06, 04:07
bump.....bump

Alice in Blunderland
05-Oct-06, 20:20
How did this meeting go I havent managed to get any news any one there attend the meeting?

dirdyweeker
05-Oct-06, 23:38
Did you not get a newsletter home from WHS today? It has a write up re the PSA meeting.
The aim is to raise enough funds to buy a new Minibus for the school.
Ask your dear child for todays school mail.

sweetpea
06-Oct-06, 10:45
Does anyone know if they will be collecting the Tesco computers for schools vouchers. I've got about a 1000 of them but not sure what to do with them?:D

dirdyweeker
06-Oct-06, 15:17
It wasn't mentioned at the PSA but I would hang onto them as some local school is no doubt collecting them.
A call to the school might give you an answer.
01955 603333